Rate the last movie you saw

mldardy

Reaction score
Do you not know what "IMO" means?
No **** it's your opinion. It always makes me laugh when someone posts IMO, everyone on a forum has an opinion. I gave my opinion of your opinion. Most people are going to agree with my opinion over yours. It's one of the best MCU movies ever made and very well received. That is a fact.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No **** it's your opinion. It always makes me laugh when someone posts IMO, everyone on a forum has an opinion. I gave my opinion of your opinion. Most people are going to agree with my opinion over yours. It's one of the best MCU movies ever made and very well received. That is a fact.
Regardless of how most people feel, it still doesn't help his case "in my opinion". I wasn't making a blanket statement about how most people feel. I was making a statement about how I feel.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fact trumps opinion. But is that fact based upon opinion?

It is like all art, totally subjective and either someone likes it or they don't.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's a consensus top 10 MCU movie so it certainly does help his case.

I’m kinda serious about my superhero movies. Some have too much clutter for my taste—too much going on, and I like more “realism” and a minimalist approach. Take the original Iron man—still my favorite. By the time they got to IM3, his suit was flying, in pieces, 900 miles in minutes to assemble on Stark! Too far fetched. Then there’s Batman. While my favorite fight scene was Ben Affleck in the Warehouse against Lex Luthor’s Russian henchmen, the rest of Batman vs. Superman was crap. While Henry Cavill makes a good Man of Steel, I have questions. How can Batman be a legitimate peer alongside Superman and Wonder Woman? And I don’t know about you guys, but I’m tired of 30 foot deformed space gorillas with laser beam eyes and end of the world scenarios with magic gloves. Gimme a good story, snappy dialogue, and kickass fight scenes with humans, ok?

My top ten superhero movies in no particular order:

The Batman
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Thor
Captain America, The First Avenger
Batman Begins
Watchmen
Captain America, Winter Soldier
Deadpool
The Dark Knight

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"30 Days of Night" (2007)

Not long ago I reviewed the movie "The Descent" and said that was one of the best horror films of the 21st century... "30 Days of Night" is right there with it.

Based on a graphic novel, the movie is one of the top-5 vampire themed movies of all-time IMO.

It's brutal, scary & gory (much like "The Descent").

I'm sure most have seen it, but in a nutshell a group of vampires attack a small town in Alaska that is in its "30 Days of Night" phase.

A must see movie for any fan of horror movies.

7.5/10

ESisback

Reaction score
There’s a guy named Rocky Ryter that does reviews at guitargodradio.com. Music, movies and TV. Scroll down until you se “opinions” and click.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m kinda serious about my superhero movies. Some have too much clutter for my taste—too much going on, and I like more “realism” and a minimalist approach. Take the original Iron man—still my favorite. By the time they got to IM3, his suit was flying, in pieces, 900 miles in minutes to assemble on Stark! Too far fetched. Then there’s Batman. While my favorite fight scene was Ben Affleck in the Warehouse against Lex Luthor’s Russian henchmen, the rest of Batman vs. Superman was crap. While Henry Cavill makes a good Man of Steel, I have questions. How can Batman be a legitimate peer alongside Superman and Wonder Woman? And I don’t know about you guys, but I’m tired of 30 foot deformed space gorillas with laser beam eyes and end of the world scenarios with magic gloves. Gimme a good story, snappy dialogue, and kickass fight scenes with humans, ok?

My top ten superhero movies in no particular order:

The Batman
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Thor
Captain America, The First Avenger
Batman Begins
Watchmen
Captain America, Winter Soldier
Deadpool
The Dark Knight
I personally love all the Avengers titled movies...even Age of Ultron.

The Iron Man movies are okay, except the one with the fire people. That was just silly. (Though I liked the dynamic of Stark and the kid. There were some really good moments there.)

All the Spider-Man movies with Tom Holland are awesome.

The Thor movies that weren't meant to be comedies are pretty good.

The first Guardians of the Galaxy was great. The second was meh.

All the Captain America movies are really good.

I'm bored now.

ESisback

Reaction score
I personally love all the Avengers titled movies...even Age of Ultron.

The Iron Man movies are okay, except the one with the fire people. That was just silly. (Though I liked the dynamic of Stark and the kid. There were some really good moments there.)

All the Spider-Man movies with Tom Holland are awesome.

The Thor movies that weren't meant to be comedies are pretty good.

The first Guardians of the Galaxy was great. The second was meh.

All the Captain America movies are really good.

I'm bored now.

We need too much constant stimulation, don’t we?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
"30 Days of Night" (2007)

Not long ago I reviewed the movie "The Descent" and said that was one of the best horror films of the 21st century... "30 Days of Night" is right there with it.

Based on a graphic novel, the movie is one of the top-5 vampire themed movies of all-time IMO.

It's brutal, scary & gory (much like "The Descent").

I'm sure most have seen it, but in a nutshell a group of vampires attack a small town in Alaska that is in its "30 Days of Night" phase.

A must see movie for any fan of horror movies.

7.5/10
Yeah, both are great horror movies and I've rewatched both recently as well. I really like the premise of 30 Days, seems like the perfect place for vamps, a nice dark Alaskan winter and a small secluded town full of blood donors.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The Descent 2" (2009)

As we know... Sequels are sequels.

That being said, this is one of the better horror sequels I've seen.

Filmed 5 years after the original, the sequel takes over where the first movie ended...

In a nutshell, Sarah, the supposed only survivor of the first film is forced to leave a hospital where she's recovering from the beating she took escaping the cave in the first film, in order to help find any other possible survivors.

Some of the complaints I've read about the sequel is that "It's too much like the original".

Well yeah, I'm not sure how you could greatly change the these of the sequel and still retain some connection to the first film.

Anyway I feel that is a shallow complaint.

The sequel has a lot of the same elements that made the original so good-such as jump scares, gore and violence.

No, it's not quite as good as the first one, but it's still pretty good!

6.0/10

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Dead Snow 2" (2014)

A sequel (of course) to "Dead Snow".

Have not seen either in a while and wanted to watch the original last night, but only #2 was available so I watched that.

A comedy–But not like the "Scary Movie" franchise, but more like the "Return of the Living Dead" franchise with an over-the-top premise but with lots of gore, violence and maybe a startling moment or two.

While "Dead Snow 2" relates to the first movie, it has an entirely different theme to it. Wider in scope and ambitions.

Not as good a movie as #1 but if you're simply looking to be entertained then it does that in my opinion.

5.0/10

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Woman King (2022)
fQWUEZg.png

8.50 of 10.00

One word review:

Powerful.

The Academy should not develop its annual amnesia of pre-December releases. Viola Davis deserves a Best Actress nomination.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Woman King (2022)
fQWUEZg.png

8.50 of 10.00

One word review:

Powerful.

The Academy should not develop its annual amnesia of pre-December releases. Olivia Davis deserves a Best Actress nomination.
It looks pretty good and if she does get an Oscar nomination, let's hope they remember her name...... :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. I have sat and watched more movies today than during the past two months.

Prey (2022)
CK1AEsT.png

7.00 of 10.00

I like Amber Midthunder. She has spunk AND moxie!

This Predator movie had some imagination that some of the more recent releases lacked. Going BACK in time a good plot idea. I mean. Earth is a hunting preserve for Predators. The audience gets to see why they love coming back for more.

The scenery throughout the movie is superb. Special effects are not great but more than adequate.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Elvis wasn’t bad at all. A lot of blues and gospel. Good stuff! Enjoyed it a lot. Would probably give it a 9/10. Sad life for the King. Tom Hanks once again kills it in another role.