Rate the last movie you saw

John813

Reaction score
Luther: The fallen Sun

4.5/10.

I thought it could of been a way better movie but the beginning was really rushed and the bad guys reasoning just fell flat for me.
Thought the topic of social media/blackmail was neat but the plot holes/rushed areas it had a lot of potential but they swung and missed for me.

ESisback

Reaction score
Luther: The fallen Sun

4.5/10.

I thought it could of been a way better movie but the beginning was really rushed and the bad guys reasoning just fell flat for me.
Thought the topic of social media/blackmail was neat but the plot holes/rushed areas it had a lot of potential but they swung and missed for me.

Was this the weird movie where the cop went to prison, then got out to pursue Sméagol the serial killer?

Last edited by a moderator:

John813

Reaction score

Was this the weird movie where the cop went to prison, then got out to pursue Sméagol the serial killer?

Yes. Very rushed intro where one minute he's investigating and the next he's convicted of some type of crime.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda scoffed too when he fought through a wall of hardened convicts, but got bested twice by Precious! At the frozen house live torture session, the wife said “Can we watch something else?” I went back later after she was asleep to see the ending. Boy, Idris Elba can hold his breath underwater a long time

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Tomorrow War-7.5/10

I didn’t even know this movie existed until I was scrolling thru Prime. It is not an Oscar winner or anything but pretty darn entertaining. I like Pratt and was a bonus seeing him in it :thumbup:
Good general dont think about it scfi action movie
JK Simmons does a good job as well

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The Tomorrow War-7.5/10

I didn’t even know this movie existed until I was scrolling thru Prime. It is not an Oscar winner or anything but pretty darn entertaining. I like Pratt and was a bonus seeing him in it :thumbup:
Besides thinking that they should have lost the final battle in Russia or wherever it was, I liked the movie too

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just rewatched “Nobody” with Bob Odenkirk. One of my all time FAVORITE action movies!

My ten fave action movies…
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
2 Guns
John Wick
Red
Nobody
Skyfall
JW2
Red2
Shoot ‘Em Up
iTunes has Nobody on sale this week so I bought it based on your recommendation.

:thumbup:

I’ll let you know what I think after I’ve seen it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Tomorrow War-7.5/10

I have watched that at least 6 times since it came out. I scroll through Amazon and it pops up and I just watch it again. But I am a creature feature guy and they had some damned good ones.

I am also a big JK Simmons fan and he began stealing the scenes back in Oz.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just rewatched “Nobody” with Bob Odenkirk. One of my all time FAVORITE action movies!

My ten fave action movies…
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
2 Guns
John Wick
Red
Nobody
Skyfall
JW2
Red2
Shoot ‘Em Up
I watched Nobody last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was like ‘Mr. Mom’ meets ‘John Wick’.

Odenkirk was terrific in the lead role and the supporting cast was great as well. As long as you just go with the finale, it’s an excellent (violent) ride.

I’d give it an 8 out of 10. I hope they do a sequel.

Thanks again for an excellent recommendation!

ESisback

Reaction score
I watched Nobody last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was like ‘Mr. Mom’ meets ‘John Wick’.

Odenkirk was terrific in the lead role and the supporting cast was great as well. As long as you just go with the finale, it’s an excellent (violent) ride.

So many great scenes…

The bus fight (I hope these a-holes like hospital food)

The exchange at the Russian mobster’s club (I’m here for the show)

Doc Brown, the rest home killer!

White Challenger chase to Heartbreaker!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So many great scenes…

The bus fight (I hope these a-holes like hospital food)

The exchange at the Russian mobster’s club (I’m here for the show)

Doc Brown, the rest home killer!

White Challenger chase to Heartbreaker!
I loved the introduction to the crazy karaoke loving Russian too.

ESisback

Reaction score
I loved the introduction to the crazy karaoke loving Russian too.
Yeah, he crosses the street with no regard for oncoming traffic—oblivious to other people. Smiles and dances, then murders a guy without thought. Total psychopath!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

That was the first post covid movie I saw in the theaters. It was awesome, but not very rewatchable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was the first post covid movie I saw in the theaters. It was awesome, but not very rewatchable.
It does lose something when you know what's going on but that first watch was great. It really hooks you into not just wanting to know more about him but actually needing to know more. Casting an actor not known as an action star into that role was really smart.

I wonder if the arduous filming of that bus scene contributed to Odenkirk having a heart attack? He was a nut for that scene to look real.

ESisback

Reaction score
It does lose something when you know what's going on but that first watch was great. It really hooks you into not just wanting to know more about him but actually needing to know more. Casting an actor not known as an action star into that role was really smart.

I wonder if the arduous filming of that bus scene contributed to Odenkirk having a heart attack? He was a nut for that scene to look real.
It sure did!

“I hope these a-holes like hospital food!”