Rate the last movie you saw

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bought the John Wick 1-3 set on sale this week. I had seen the first one and finally watched John Wick: Chapter Two.

If you can go with the video game level of violence and ‘kills’, it’s a fun ride of an action movie. As I was able to, I really enjoyed it.

I’d give it an 8/10.

Now I’m on to Chapter 3 at some point this week. Maybe I’ll see Chapter 4 in theaters?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Cocaine Bear. The title tells you what you need to know about this movie, it was inspired by the infamous Pablo Escobear. It's a silly horror comedy with a ridiculous premise, but it works! It was funny, had some gruesome kills, and good cast (shout out to Ray Liotta, still putting out good movies after he's passed away). I was rooting for the bear the whole time, I'm not saying the bear should have won an Oscar, but it deserved a nomination......lol. It was a fun popcorn movie, the kind I didn't know I needed and would watch again. 8/10

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
65 (2023)
zhPdclI.png

7.25 out of 10.00

The movie is low-key and not boisterous or in your face. It is not real 'techie'. Some scenes are suspenseful scary but not horror scary. I would define most of the movie as 'Jurassic Park-lite' in overall intensity.

Adam Driver played his role as a realistic type savior by necessity. Not super hero like. Or even Jedi like, lol. The young actress, who share his ordeal, was slightly constrained by how her role was defined. Honestly, I thought the other young actress playing his daughter was allowed to be expressive although her screen time was far less by comparison.

The climatic ending made my eyes roll a bit. I went into the movie going by the 65 million years ago plotline. What I did not know was how the film coincided exactly 65 million years ago. Folks catching the movie will know what I mean. :laugh:

New avatar time...

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves - Very fun movie. 8.5 or 9 out of 10 for the first watch at least. Definitely adding to my collection.

John Wick 4 - My least favorite of the series. The action started getting a little too ridiculous and less impressive. Way too long as well. The few moments of plot were far more interesting to me. 7/10

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves - Very fun movie. 8.5 or 9 out of 10 for the first watch at least. Definitely adding to my collection.

John Wick 4 - My least favorite of the series. The action started getting a little too ridiculous and less impressive. Way too long as well. The few moments of plot were far more interesting to me. 7/10
I went and watched that too. What did you think about the new fast and furious geriatric edition movie. It looked like it was time for those characters need to retire, haha

nobody

Reaction score
I'd give it a 7.5. It was really predictable and there were a couple of glaring plot holes and Deus ex machina moments but over all it was a fun popcorn movie and entertaining.

One of the other groups in the maze dressed up just like the characters from the D&D Cartoon from the early 80's was great.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Black Hawk Down

9/10

But only because there is no 10/10.

One of the best war movies ever made and it still looks like it was made yesterday. Ridley Scott is probably my favorite director and those early 2000s were probably his best era.

Smokey and the Bandit

10/10

What did I just say about there is no 10/10? LoL, **** that. This movie is perfection when it comes to easy popcorn flicks. Watch it about 2 times a year. Probably love it because it was among the favorite movies of my host dad of the family I stayed with in my student exchange year back in the late 90s. He was pretty amazed I guess by how much I was enjoying all that southern culture thing at the time so we bonded quite well and he took me to alot of stuff he liked. Baseball (boring sport but fun if you watch it with cool people), fishing (same lol) and all that cars stuff. He wasn't too much into the Cowboys but a big Sooners fan.

I was a big Cowboys fan so I was so happy when I was picked by a Dallas family (Lewisville) from all the cities in America lol. Just loved the whole Texas thing. Some fond memories from those days, one of them being watching SATB with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hereditary
A woman passes away and her adult daughter and her family mourn her passing. The first half of the movie is a bit of a slow burn with the family dealing with grief and tragedy, but then the creep factor starts building up. Some great performances from this cast, especially from Toni Collette and Alex Wolff. 8.25/10

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Boston Strangler
It's based on the true story of the Boston Strangler murders in the 1960's and the female reporter that first connected the murders. It goes through the murders and the reporter that connected them, dealing with some of the sexism of the day and how poorly the investigation was handled. I would have liked to see a little more about some of the suspects, but overall it was pretty good, 6.75/10

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Hawk Down

9/10

But only because there is no 10/10.

One of the best war movies ever made and it still looks like it was made yesterday. Ridley Scott is probably my favorite director and those early 2000s were probably his best era.

]
I watched this movie one time.
It was well made, good acting and all of that.
However it made me so mad I have not watched it again.

Do not know if it was just because I was in the Army or what but sometimes these movies can really stoke the emotions.

Kind of like the Saving Private Ryan movie. In one part where the us soldier lets the **** go by him and kill the other us soldier. That got me angry.

later in the same movie when the old man at the cemetery looks up at his wife tell me i lived a good life, tell me I am a good man. It gets me misty eyed everytime,

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Violent Night

When a group of mercenaries attack the estate of a wealthy family, Santa Claus must step in to save the day (and Christmas).

Adult natured comedy and a little action/killing

Not as dirty or funny as bad Santa but I did laugh few times early on in the movie.

Although the main story is family type stuff...the language and violence is not suitable for young ears and eyes,

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Devil Conspiracy

Parts of it are cool but most of it is meh
Has an older film kind of feel.
In some ways it reminded me a little of the old movie The Keep

Creeper

Reaction score
Freaks of Nature is underrated. It reminds or of Better off Dead in some ways.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Hereditary
A woman passes away and her adult daughter and her family mourn her passing. The first half of the movie is a bit of a slow burn with the family dealing with grief and tragedy, but then the creep factor starts building up. Some great performances from this cast, especially from Toni Collette and Alex Wolff. 8.25/10
Have you seen Midsommar? Same writer and director. He’s got another one coming out this year. I’m a big fan.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So.........I have never seen Dirty Harry. Finally just watched it. Excellent movie. I can see why it carries the hype that it does. I absolutely loved the scene were Dirty Harry is standing on the train track bridge.

I'm going to have to go down the franchise rabbit-hole now. They have Magnum Force on HBO Max as well, but it looks like I'm going to have to hunt down the last 3. Sucks I slept on this movie for so long.