Rate the last movie you saw

ESisback

Reaction score
So.........I have never seen Dirty Harry. Finally just watched it. Excellent movie. I can see why it carries the hype that it does. I absolutely loved the scene were Dirty Harry is standing on the train track bridge.

I'm going to have to go down the franchise rabbit-hole now. They have Magnum Force on HBO Max as well, but it looks like I'm going to have to hunt down the last 3. Sucks I slept on this movie for so long.
Interesting factoid: Clint doesn’t care for rock music. He used it in only one movie I’m aware of—Dirty Harry’s Dead Pool.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
image_24d63fcd.jpeg

I didn't realize who this guy was the first time I watched it. He seems to be the #1 actor of the last 10 years. He is in some big time movies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
image_24d63fcd.jpeg

I didn't realize who this guy was the first time I watched it. He seems to be the #1 actor of the last 10 years. He is in some big time movies.
Oscar Isaac was way too stiff playing the role. He has played two Marvel characters so far, along with Moon Knight.

Isaac is an excellent actor but he can be too 'professional' in his performance. Oddly enough, his acting is far more relaxed playing Poe Dameron in the last Star Wars trilogy.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Oscar Isaac was way too stiff playing the role. He has played two Marvel characters so far, along with Moon Knight.

Isaac is an excellent actor but he can be too 'professional' in his performance. Oddly enough, his acting is far more relaxed playing Poe Dameron in the last Star Wars trilogy.
Can you think of any actors with more big roles than him in the last 10 years? Maybe I notice him more because he is in the genres I actually watch

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I prefer him in dramas.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So.........I have never seen Dirty Harry. Finally just watched it. Excellent movie. I can see why it carries the hype that it does. I absolutely loved the scene were Dirty Harry is standing on the train track bridge.

I'm going to have to go down the franchise rabbit-hole now. They have Magnum Force on HBO Max as well, but it looks like I'm going to have to hunt down the last 3. Sucks I slept on this movie for so long.
Then watch Gran Torino too after you've done with them all. It's fits perfectly into the series as Dirty Harry's last dance. Even though it doesn't take place in SF and the guy has another name lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Barbarian.
A horror movie where a woman books an Airbnb, but upon arrival on a dark and stormy night finds that it's been double booked. It's a cute little house well maintained, but it's in a bad part of Detroit and the neighborhood is rundown and basically abandoned........ It starts pretty good and shows some promise, but has an awkward shift halfway through. The writers seem to pull it back together and get it back on track, but I personally didn't care for the ending. It's a shame, it could have been a good movie and was really enjoying it, but the odd couple of story choices, just put a damper on it for me. 5.5/10

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched Magnum Force last night. I really liked that one as well!! The rest of the Dirty Harry franchise doesn't appear to be on any media app, so I may have to get creative in finding those, but I feel very much invested on finishing the series.

Also, call me crazy, but the car action/chase scenes in this movie looked better than today's standards. So many of today's movies I can tell they are driving in front of a green screen. Magnum Force felt very convincing. Not sure if they filmed those scenes in the same way back then, but this movie impressed me with it's visuals for being filmed in 1973.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Bought the blue ray edition with all five movies. It's well worth it imo. Classic cinema that must not be forgotten.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Super Mario Brothers….

Very unconventional movie, much like the games the story doesn’t entirely matter. I understand why the reviews were negative but if you go in with an understanding of that then it’s worth the watch. 90 minutes but it felt like 45 because it’s basically a nonstop action movie… yet appropriate for younger children. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

No it’s not a Pixar caliber movie, but I could probably watch this 10 times in a row and not get bored of it

7/10

sulu1701

Reaction score
image_24d63fcd.jpeg

The timeline for X-Men is confusing at best, Futures Past was supposed to reset everything, yet Logan shows them in an entirely different situation, and never really explains how they got there

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The timeline for X-Men is confusing at best, Futures Past was supposed to reset everything, yet Logan shows them in an entirely different situation, and never really explains how they got there
You can thank FOX for that. They mismanaged that property from the beginning. Aside from a few good casting choices, that entire film series was a mess.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can thank FOX for that. They mismanaged that property from the beginning. Aside from a few good casting choices, that entire film series was a mess.
I put together a chronological timeline of mutant movies and television series storylines, based on several sources, outlining how FOX used a shotgun approach with its X-Men property:

932wWrI.png

It is literally all over the place.

The animated series' popularity sparked the production of 2000's X-Men, directed by Bryan Singer. I was against Singer and Simon Kinberg directing and writing, respectively, X-Men: Days of Future Past. The movie was well-received but not by me. I was afraid an attempted reset, envisioned by Singer and Kinberg, would fall short. They diverted too far away from a CLASSIC storyline, overemphasized (again) Hugh Jackman's role, and overly focused on THE PAST instead of the extremely bleak future.

X: DOFP was a personal disappointing follow-up of my second favorite in the franchise, X-Men: First Class. My number one favorite is Logan but I do admit it does not strongly connect dots to what transpired beforehand. Of course, that was not the primary purpose of an Old Man Logan story. Its goal was putting a bow on one of Marvel's top characters, both inside and outside FOX's movies, while leaving an open-ended question mark of mutants' ultimate destiny.

All my hopes lie with Marvel and Disney oversight eventually making a clean mutant reset within its Marvel Cinematic Universe. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (very) loosely teased at what had transpired already under FOX's watch but I remain confident that was done solely as a fan service. The Children of the Atom deserve a fresh reincarnation. Then again, Deadpool 3 may serve as a wild card for what may be coming, starting November of next year.

Timeline source links: 1, 2, 3