Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
81BN9QjaYsL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

really cool bow and arrow movie
Korea has made some really good movies over this past decade or so.

I remember when you could find a bunch of good free Japanese and Korean movies.

Then you would see a movie from Hollywood and think it looks familiar only to realize it is
a US version of the japanese or korean movie.

Choi Min-shik is a Korean Actor I really like. He was in two of my favorite Korean movies....Old Boy and I saw the Devil.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

Then you would see a movie from Hollywood and think it looks familiar only to realize it is

Choi Min-shik is a Korean Actor I really like. He was in two of my favorite Korean movies....Old Boy and I saw the Devil.
I will check those out

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Both those are great movies, a couple more great Korean crime movies "A Bittersweet Life" and "Man From Nowhere", well worth watching. The Japanese movie "Ichi The Killer" is really good, but pretty intense. That actor was in another good flick, "New World". There's quite a few good Asian movies that aren't just horror or straight up martial arts flicks.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Love Korean films. I Saw the Devil is one of my favorites.
The creature feature The Host is fantastic. Netflix has several good Korean movies/series...Kingdom, All of Us Are Dead and #Alive are all really good.

Big_D

Reaction score

The Swimmers on Netflix.

A true story from war-torn Syria to the Olympics, two young sisters embark on a harrowing journey as refugees.

I liked this a lot. The 2 actresses who play the sisters are also sisters and they really do a great job. Worth watching, even with subtitles. 9/10

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sat down and watched Cocaine Bear last night. Well, that was way different than I was expecting. I absolutely was not expecting that level of gore to be in the movie. Not that gore bothers me in movies, it's just that I was not expecting to walk into it with this title. Interesting movie. I'm not sure where I would rate it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. Entertaining nonetheless.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Incident In A Ghostland
A mother and two daughters inherit a creepy old house and intruders break in on their first night. This is a psychological, horror thriller with an interesting story and not quite as straightforward as it appears. Better than I expected going into it, I enjoyed it. I liked Crystal Reed in this, she also played Abby Arcane in the series "Swamp Thing". On a side note, one of the other actresses was badly injured during filming when breaking glass lacerated her face requiring 70 stiches and she ended up suing the production company. 7.25/10

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Medieval
This movie is based on the true story of the Czech warlord Jan Zizka and solid cast with Ben Foster and Michael Caine. The story and dialogue is a little weak, but the action scenes and costumes are well done. The movie was a mixed bag, could have been much better with a bigger budget and a little better directing and editing, but not a bad watch if you like Medieval based stories and sword fights. 6.5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
65 Million Years ago

Someone else summed it up earlier. Nothing great but if you are bored and need to waste a little time on a sci fi action style movie...you could do worse.

Cocaine Bear
I went into this with the idea of it being another sharknado style film. Although it does not have as much over the top self aware cheese of the sharknado movies...this was still a fun movie. If you go into it with really low expectations I think you might be pleasantly surprised with the action and humor. Just remember do not take it seriously, it is a silly fun movie a cujo mixed with a comedy.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shazam 2

If you did not like the first Shazam movie, chances are you will not like this one.
If you liked the first one, you MIGHT like this one.

I know the first movie was not anything great but by DC standards was one of the few I actually liked.
The second one did not seem to have the same type of magic as the first. Also I liked the actor from Chuck but he is looking a little too old for this character compared to the adult versions of his side kicks. Just looks odd.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Escape (2020)

There are several movies with the same title, so if you seek it out get the one from 2020.

A low budget horror film that combines "Escape Room" with "Hostel".

The premise was good. You may as I did, think you've figured it out... Maybe you did, maybe you didn't.

A watchable horror film.

4.5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Wick 4
If you liked the others you will like this one.
I do like the Wick movies for the most part although the killed his dog story line in the first one was stupid imo.
But I do roll my eyes when you have a guy that gets hit by cars or falls off buildings or great distances but is up and running like he never got cracked ribs, tweaked back or bad knees.

With that said, and I do not consider this a spoiler. I did like the homage or nod to the Warriors movie in this movie.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrifier (2016)

So what kind of horror movie would you expect that had a $35,000 budget?

Yeah, not very good...

However both you and I would be wrong!

IMDB gives it a 5.6

Yeah, a $35,000 horror flick has a 5.6 rating.

Now I wouldn't rate it that high. It's one of the few times that I rate a horror flick lower than what IMDB shows.

But I still give it a 5.0

Basically it's a clown-slasher flick that spends zero-time on back story or fleshing out characters & motives.

I mean the violence and gore start almost immediately.

And as you could expect the violence and gore are over the top! Which is probably contributing to the 5.6 on IMDB.

I will say the killer clown is interesting. Who ever played the character did a good job.

Given the pace of the action, the hour and a half went by quickly.

So if you're in the mood for a mindless slasher flick, "Terrifier" is a good choice!

As a side note, this movie had enough of a following that "Terrifier 2" was released in 2022.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched a couple of movies that I always meant to watch, finally got around to them....lol

A Cabin In The Woods
A group of teenagers go to spend a weekend in a creepy old cabin in the woods. I expected this to be the usual type horror flick with all the usual horror troupes, not what I expected at all. It was fun, really liked it. 8/10

Parasite
A Korean dark dramedy about a poor family and an upper class family. The poor family devises a scheme to con the upper class family. I remember hearing all the praise about it when it came out but didn't know anything about the story, which was pretty good. 8/10

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Bought Avatar 2 for the wife. Okay. I’m not much of a fan of the series to begin with. It also helps if the sequel is released within 10 years of the first one so I can remember the storyline of the first one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
John Wick 4
If you liked the others you will like this one.
I do like the Wick movies for the most part although the killed his dog story line in the first one was stupid imo.
But I do roll my eyes when you have a guy that gets hit by cars or falls off buildings or great distances but is up and running like he never got cracked ribs, tweaked back or bad knees.

With that said, and I do not consider this a spoiler. I did like the homage or nod to the Warriors movie in this movie.
It's not about the dog! :muttley:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Terrifier (2016)

So what kind of horror movie would you expect that had a $35,000 budget?

Yeah, not very good...

However both you and I would be wrong!

IMDB gives it a 5.6

Yeah, a $35,000 horror flick has a 5.6 rating.

Now I wouldn't rate it that high. It's one of the few times that I rate a horror flick lower than what IMDB shows.

But I still give it a 5.0

Basically it's a clown-slasher flick that spends zero-time on back story or fleshing out characters & motives.

I mean the violence and gore start almost immediately.

And as you could expect the violence and gore are over the top! Which is probably contributing to the 5.6 on IMDB.

I will say the killer clown is interesting. Who ever played the character did a good job.

Given the pace of the action, the hour and a half went by quickly.

So if you're in the mood for a mindless slasher flick, "Terrifier" is a good choice!

As a side note, this movie had enough of a following that "Terrifier 2" was released in 2022.
It’s the goriest movie I’ve ever seen. The lady getting sawed in half had me dying laughing. First time I’ve seen someone split hot dog instead of hamburger. Terrifier 2 is much better.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
65 Million Years ago

Someone else summed it up earlier. Nothing great but if you are bored and need to waste a little time on a sci fi action style movie...you could do worse.

Cocaine Bear
I went into this with the idea of it being another sharknado style film. Although it does not have as much over the top self aware cheese of the sharknado movies...this was still a fun movie. If you go into it with really low expectations I think you might be pleasantly surprised with the action and humor. Just remember do not take it seriously, it is a silly fun movie a cujo mixed with a comedy.
You know cocaine bear is based of a true story, right?