DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)
IqgpBIT.png

7.5 of 10.0

Extremely anti-climatic. A bit too warm and fuzzy throughout. Hey. Arthur is the King of Atlantis. Hey. Arthur's a dad. And he commutes between work and home. Really often.

Did enjoy the interaction between the brothers a lot but not when they were among other people. They really neutered Amber Heard. Bad, lol. Off-topic but I think she should take it as a sign that some folks in Hollywood do not like her. Perhaps she will do something about that before too long.

Liked the CGI throughout. The soundtrack was okay. All-in-all, the best thing for me is that the movie was better than The Flash. Not by much but BETTER.

There was a definite finality to the movie. See ya, Jason Momoa. I thought Gia Gadot, Henry Cavill, Ray Fisher and you were cast very well. Sorry the studio did not tap none of your individual true potential in your roles. Hopefully, your successors will be treated better.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Dune 2. 8/10

If you liked the first one, you’ll like this one. Great performances, stunning visual and audio effects. My only complaint is that the first 1/3 of the movie drags a bit, then the ending feels a bit rushed. I wish they trimmed some fat off of the beginning and made the ending longer. It’s still a great movie and worth a watch in a nice theater.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beekeeper
If you like the standard Jason Statham action movie, you will like this one as well.

Right Hand Red - Cash is trying to live an honest and quiet life, but when Big Cat forces him back into her services, he proves capable of anything to protect the town and the only family he has left. Appalachian style setting with Big Cat being the local leader of a Drug Dealing enterprise.
It is not a terrible movie but not that great either. Andie McDowell plays the bad character and they try to make her into some crazy killing woman and it just seems odd coming from her. Orlando Bloom plays the good guy, Cash, to does a better job in his role than her.

Land of the Bad - A US Army special forces unit is ambushed during a mission to retrieve an intelligence asset and their only remaining hope lies with a remote Air Force drone operator assisting them through a brutal 48-hour battle for survival.
Nothing new here. Been other movies similar. However if you like the sound of it, it is an ok movie. Liam Hemsworth and Russell Crowe star in the movie. On a side note, every time I see a recent movie with Russell in it, I am shocked with how big he has gotten compared to his early movies.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Currently starting a Guy Ritchie Movie Binge.

Watched Revolver which was an older one. It was so so. The twist they try to hit you with could be seen a mile away.

Watched Operation Fortune: Ruse De Guerre
Parts of it I liked and parts of it I did not like. Standard action movie. Oddly Hugh Grant probably had the best character in the film.

Next I will revisit a few other movies I have watched before but it has been some time in...Lock stock and two smoking Barrels, RockNrolla and The Gentlemen will finish it up...

I want to watch the Gentlemen movie again before I start the new Netflix series titled the same.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Mother on Netflix. Good story, good acting by JLo. It could have been better, if they'd paid more attention to some of the details. For instance, there's a scene where she points a rifle at a wolf's cubs as a warning (like Ripley, in Aliens), and the wolf acquiesces, as if she knows what a gun does.

Worth a watch. 6.5/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wonka

Slow start, and the musical numbers don't even compare to the original movie, but the movie itself got progressively better as it went on. There were even a few parts that made me chuckle, and one part that made me laugh out loud.

If I had kids, I'd probably give it a 7.5. Since I don't, I'll give it a 6.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dune 2. 8/10

If you liked the first one, you’ll like this one. Great performances, stunning visual and audio effects. My only complaint is that the first 1/3 of the movie drags a bit, then the ending feels a bit rushed. I wish they trimmed some fat off of the beginning and made the ending longer. It’s still a great movie and worth a watch in a nice theater.
My wife and I saw Dune 2 earlier today and agree, if you enjoyed the first movie, you'll love this one as well.

Dune 2 follows the second half of Herbert's first Dune book. The CGI was spectacular, the storyline great and the acting pretty good.

9/10... in my defense, I love sweeping saga and especially science fiction.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonka

Slow start, and the musical numbers don't even compare to the original movie, but the movie itself got progressively better as it went on. There were even a few parts that made me chuckle, and one part that made me laugh out loud.

If I had kids, I'd probably give it a 7.5. Since I don't, I'll give it a 6.
I guess maybe I should have stuck with it but I just could not do it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess maybe I should have stuck with it but I just could not do it.
I've given up on too many movies lately, so I was determined to stick with it. I won't watch it again, but it wasn't too bad.

I gotta say, they did a really good job with the fat suit on Keegan-Michael Key.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Revenant

I don't get what the fuss was all about. Sure, if you want gory scenes, it's okay. But for me, the story was slow and uncomfortable.

DiCaprio did a good job (and I'm not a fan of his), as did everyone else, but it just wasn't a particularly captivating movie, for me.

6/10

Big_D

Reaction score
The Revenant

I don't get what the fuss was all about. Sure, if you want gory scenes, it's okay. But for me, the story was slow and uncomfortable.

DiCaprio did a good job (and I'm not a fan of his), as did everyone else, but it just wasn't a particularly captivating movie, for me.

6/10
The bear scene was great and I liked Tom Hardy in it. But yeah overall, long and a little too slow moving!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Revenant

6/10
Agreed.
I think what makes it a little more interesting is that it was based on a true story and some have said that as brutal as the movie was for the individual, the real guy actually when through much worse after the bear attack.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched Spaceman yesterday afternoon.

What a piece of crap movie. It was really confusing, from start to finish, yet extremely boring. How do you reconcile those two things? Maybe it would have been less confusing if I hadn't fallen asleep three times while watching it (in the middle of the afternoon), but maybe it would have been even more confusing.

Whatever the case, it's like your typical Adam Sandler movie, if after it was over, they took out the dumb jokes.

3/10

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got through most of the Guy Ritchie movies Like I mentioned earlier.
Only have lock stock and two smoking barrels left but in no hurry.

With that said I forgot to list one earlier.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Of all of the Guy Ritchie movies I have watched...this was probably the one I liked the least.

Still some decent things in the movie. But just did not like it as much as his other movies and I would say that is why they did not make any sequels which seemed to a possibility with the way they set up the ending.

Although who knows because at the end of RocknRolla they said to look out for RocknRolla 2 but I do not think they ever made it.