Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The hunt for the Wilderpeople - This was a nice little surprise. Really enjoyed it. Movie out of new Zealand with sam neil and the heavy kid in the second deadpool movie. Nothing earth shattering or ground breaking but still a nice surprise

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wild America - Been a long time since I seen this one and I enjoyed it. Three young boys decide to go out and film wild animals in a journey film. Nothing that would win awards but just a good family friendly film.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Saw II" (2005)

Released a year after the first film.

In some ways the same as the first film (games), but in other ways much different.

"Saw II" had a far larger cast and would be the blueprint for most of the future movies in the series in that the there would be more participants in the games. In addition the games would become more brutal and bloody.

"Saw II" wasn't as good as "Saw I", but it was a decent film.

The only disappointment I had was that one of the stars of the first film did not appear in the second. It was only afterwards I found out there was a contract disagreement involved, which contributed to this.

"Saw II" taught us that paying attention to the words Jigsaw used was an important part of understanding the plot.

IMDB gave it a 6.6 (It give "Saw I" a 7.6).

I'm good with that rating.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, went and saw Avatar: The Way of Water tonight. I really wanted to see it in 3D, and the timeslot I wanted just so happened to also be in the 4DX theater, so we decided to do the 4DX 3D. The movie was really good. I enjoyed it. The 3D was solid. The 4DX though, I wish we would have passed on. We did the 4DX for a movie awhile back, and though it is pretty gimmicky, my wife and I had fun. This time around though, it was just too much. Sitting in that chair bouncing around for 3 hours just got old quick. There are a lot of action scenes so the chair was quite busy with this movie. The deeper into the movie I got, the more I found myself really enjoying the quieter scenes when the chair was still. Plus, with it being a movie heavily based around water, the chair was shooting water droplets on you a lot. Sometimes it was immersive and other times it was just annoying as I had to keep wiping off my 3D glasses. Not to mention the chair just isn't all that comfortable, so I was excited to get out of the chair after the movie was over. I guess I'm officially getting old. haha

Back to the movie though, it was stunning! It's absolutely incredible what they are doing with CGI these days. I enjoyed the storyline as well. It grabbed my attention and sucked me in for the duration. I think it'll be a 4K Blu-ray purchase for me once it releases.

I love how the story gets you to side with other species and actually root against your own. I found myself satisfied with each human death as I am pulling for creatures like Tulkun.
Thanks for the review, mostly because of your experience with the 4D thing. Every time I visit my daughter in Plano we plan to go to a movie theater that has it, but so far there hasn't been a movie I thought would deliver the "bang for the buck" to get the full effect. I might have to reconsider going to one. :)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Jeepers Creepers, again a movie I had always meant to watch, but never got around to it...lol. I liked the first 3/4 or so of the movie, really liked that 1960 Impala they drove...lol, kinda so-so ending. Overall it was Ok. 6/10

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeepers Creepers, again a movie I had always meant to watch, but never got around to it...lol. I liked the first 3/4 or so of the movie, really liked that 1960 Impala they drove...lol, kinda so-so ending. Overall it was Ok. 6/10
Ultimate horror from a writer's perspective. Invent the mythology and do not explain it. I do think they should at least give us the origin, even in a sketchy way.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched "All Quiet On The Western Front", it's been remade a couple times, it follows a young German soldier through to the end of WW1. Very well done movie, cinematography, costumes, effects..... I can see why it's been nominated for numerous awards. 8.5/10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched "All Quiet On The Western Front", it's been remade a couple times, it follows a young German soldier through to the end of WW1. Very well done movie, cinematography, costumes, effects..... I can see why it's been nominated for numerous awards. 8.5/10
Thanks. I’ve been curious about this one.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched "Terrifier", it's a pretty run of the mill clown slasher but really nothing that hasn't already been done. 5.5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched "Terrifier", it's a pretty run of the mill clown slasher but really nothing that hasn't already been done. 5.5/10
The second one is slightly better.
Not sure if you have seen the first one prior to terrifier with art the clown in it, it was a little more main stream,

All Hallows eve, it is currently free on tubi

A babysitter's Halloween descends into terror when she's tormented by a creepy clown from a mysterious tape the kids found trick-or-treating.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Astonishing Tales of Terror: Rockta*****​

2022 · 1 hr 33 min
TV-MA
Comedy · Adult · Fantasy · Horror
A group of everyday heroes find the fight of their lives in the deep mines of Northern Ontario where they unwittingly awaken an ancient giant octopus.

Currently on Tubi,
Cheesey, Campy, Canadian and big Cleavage
Not the best movie by a stretch but if you like the old b movie cheese factor like some old roger corman films, this is right up your alley,