Rate the last movie you saw

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ant-man and the Wasp Quantumania

Superhero fatigue is real, and it’s setting in for me. I never thought as a comic book kid that it could happen to me, but it has. This film proved it.

It’s not a bad film, but it’s also not a particularly good film either. It’s just - there. It felt to me like this film was chosen as the introductory piece for the ‘next Thanos’, the next big villain in the MCU.

Ant-man and the other characters felt like afterthoughts in a Kang movie. And make no mistake, Jonathan Majors is awesome in the role. I can see why he took the job, because this one character allows him to play anything and it’s all under one roof. And he embraces it and nails it. He’s this film’s star.

But it’s not an Ant-man film like the first two were. If you’re looking for that comedic fun, it ain’t here. There are a few moments they try to squeeze in, but it’s not like either of the first two films in the series.

The effects are great, but it felt like that was the main focus, to show just how wild they can be with technology. But if the story and characters don’t connect, it’s not enough. And for me, they didn’t.

The ‘Phase Four funk’ has carried over for Marvel into Phase Five, and they need a significant course correction.

I rate this one a 5 out of 10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Superhero fatigue is real, and it’s setting in for me. I never thought as a comic book kid that it could happen to me, but it has. This film proved it.

It’s not a bad film, but it’s also not a particularly good film either. It’s just - there. It felt to me like this film was chosen as the introductory piece for the ‘next Thanos’, the next big villain in the MCU.

Ant-man and the other characters felt like afterthoughts in a Kang movie. And make no mistake, Jonathan Majors is awesome in the role. I can see why he took the job, because this one character allows him to play anything and it’s all under one roof. And he embraces it and nails it. He’s this film’s star.

But it’s not an Ant-man film like the first two were. If you’re looking for that comedic fun, it ain’t here. There are a few moments they try to squeeze in, but it’s not like either of the first two films in the series.

The effects are great, but it felt like that was the main focus, to show just how wild they can be with technology. But if the story and characters don’t connect, it’s not enough. And for me, they didn’t.

The ‘Phase Four funk’ has carried over for Marvel into Phase Five, and they need a significant course correction.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the chemistry of the actors that made the first bunch of movies so great. Everything leading up to Endgame was a must see for me. After that, it was all watchable, but nothing I'll get the urge to watch again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm starting to wonder if it's the chemistry of the actors that made the first bunch of movies so great. Everything leading up to Endgame was a must see for me. After that, it was all watchable, but nothing I'll get the urge to watch again.
There was absolutely something to what you’re saying. The casting and chemistry were off the charts at the start of the MCU. Now? Not so much.

And I think the choices of characters were much more inspired compared to what we’re seeing now as well. I said it when the Phase Four lineup was announced.

What concerns me is that previously reliable characters like Thor, Ant-man, and Black Widow have shown that even they can miss.

sulu1701

Reaction score
There was absolutely something to what you’re saying. The casting and chemistry were off the charts at the start of the MCU. Now? Not so much.

And I think the choices of characters were much more inspired compared to what we’re seeing now as well. I said it when the Phase Four lineup was announced.

What concerns me is that previously reliable characters like Thor, Ant-man, and Black Widow have shown that even they can miss.
It kind of reminds me of The Expendables, everybody and their sister is in those movies, and the 4th installment is coming out, just as more stars are drawn to the MCU, but as was said, chemistry is the key

visionary

Reaction score
Good point
The Avengers had great chemistry and was ‘fresh’ and it just ‘worked’
The other factor in this is that when you try to ‘out do’ something already done very well with something fairly similar it is rarely successful
Just look at all the GOT and LOR spin off attempts
Something will work but it has to be significantly different otherwise it will be pretty good but never great

khiladi

Reaction score
Black Phone

8.5/10 as good as Sinister. The delivery of the ending was so dope.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wakanda Forever - Only watched half of it so far. Not a bad movie but not all that good either. Have to say that the Prince Namor character in the movies is so different in origin and appearance than the comics. Might watch the rest of the movie eventually but have to say that so far it is nothing that compels me to finish it. Who knows, maybe it gets better.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The price we pay

After a pawn shop robbery goes askew, two criminals take refuge at a remote farmhouse to try to let the heat die down, but find something much more menacing.

It is lower budget but if you go into it with the idea that it is a b movie and you like the genre, you will enjoy it.

Big_D

Reaction score
Couldn't sleep and was flicking through the channels. Came across 'A Vigilante' on HBO starring Olivia Wilde. Pretty powerful. She was a victim of domestic violence and now she helps others escape it. Worth checking out. 8/10

sulu1701

Reaction score
Wakanda Forever - Only watched half of it so far. Not a bad movie but not all that good either. Have to say that the Prince Namor character in the movies is so different in origin and appearance than the comics. Might watch the rest of the movie eventually but have to say that so far it is nothing that compels me to finish it. Who knows, maybe it gets better.
I read somewhere that they changed his origin because Aquaman was from Atlantis

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Finally watched Black Panther 2 Wakanda Forever, it was OK, but didn't live up to the hype. Some of it was alright, some just felt kinda "meh" Story was so-so at best, parts of it didn't really track to me and wasn't a fan of the new "bedazzled" Black Panther costume. The FX and CGI were cool, andt outside of the tribute, the rest felt flat. Kinda disappointed, I was really hoping that this would make get excited about Marvel movies again. 6/10

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Yeah, I turned off the new Wakanda movie after 45 minutes or so. Just terrible. It was fun while it lasted.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think that a former ‘can’t miss’ franchise has made several bad decisions since Endgame. I can see a forced agenda and it’s been to their detriment.
Yeah, the stupidity started with the end game girl fight, and has gotten worse ever since. I’m not sure I have seen a post end game marvel movie I enjoyed. I am just hoping Guardians is still entertaining. The last Thor was God awful.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crazy crazy movie
Candy land ...seems to be multiple movies called Candyland or Candy land. This one is Candy Land 2022

This is NOT for young eyes.
Gritty lower budget movie. Has kind of a grind house feel to it.
Said TV MA I would say it is a hard R

A seemingly naive and devout young woman finds her way in the underground world of truck stop sex workers a.k.a. "lot lizards."

This had some potential but fell short.
In some areas the acting, script and directing is ok in some areas but equally as bad in some other areas.

I will say this though it has some very cringe worthy moments that make you feel uncomfortable by pushing things. But in the end it falls short of what it could have achieved IMO because of a few bad actors and the script in how they tried to tie it up in the end.