Ravens cut Marcus Spears and Michael Huff

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m
Ravens cut Michael Huff and Marcus Spears, promote safeties Omar Brown and Brynden Trawick
Marcus Spears had just 11 tackles and no sacks while also dealing with a knee injury, not the impact they'd hoped for when they signed him
Michael Huff had been benched as the starter and hadn't shown an enthusiasm or affinity for special teams

------------------
One man's trash..... :(

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think Spears is probably done, but considering the injuries and inexperience in our secondary...

...if motivated I still think Huff could be a decent player.

mldardy

Reaction score
At this point why not. It's not like this is any worse than what we already have.

rkell87

Reaction score
um, well, they are probably better than what is out there, I'll take them both provided we can get them under the salary cap but both were first rounders prior to the current CBA and are used to a whole lot more money....but they were just cut mid season so idk

Nirvana

Reaction score
Huff could provide a veteran presence - intriguing (do we blow the Lions game with him back there?). Spears, not so much. Seems a bad fit for a 4-3.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Who isn't?

I would expect us to at least think about Huff.

If he cannot (won't) contribute on special teams why would we? I do not see him coming off the street and starting, regardless of the situation at safety.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 28s
Marcus Spears didn't make big plays and had dealt with a nagging knee injury
Michael Huff didn't play physically and failed to provide outside containment on costly key kickoff return by Steelers late in the game.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 1m
#cowboys considerations: both have local ties. But Huff is on 3y, 6M deal. Spears on 2y, 2.75M deal. Be patient here ... @1053thefan

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take Spears for the vet minimum and pass on Huff. Maybe Marinelli can do something with him. It's sad we are in such bad shape that we have to entertain the idea of Spears.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he cannot (won't) contribute on special teams why would we? I do not see him coming off the street and starting, regardless of the situation at safety.

Given current injuries and previous reported interest, I would expect the team to consider it if - as I expect- he passes through waivers.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 28s
Marcus Spears didn't make big plays and had dealt with a nagging knee injury
Michael Huff didn't play physically and failed to provide outside containment on costly key kickoff return by Steelers late in the game.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 1m
#cowboys considerations: both have local ties. But Huff is on 3y, 6M deal. Spears on 2y, 2.75M deal. Be patient here ... @1053thefan
The be patient makes me think they would bring one or both in if they pass the waiver claims

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Huff is better than what we are playing with. We had interest before he went to Bmore. If he passes waivers then the Ravens will be paying the balance of his contract anyway.