Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Michael Irvin was never a problem for the culture in the locker room

True. He brought competitiveness and a hard work ethic. I was referring to when he stabbed a player with scissors over a haircut. A lesser player would have been arrested and cut. I am sure that incident did not go well with the locker room. I am pretty sure there were probably more incidents but players let the star players do stuff.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys beat writer Clarence Hill a couple of hours ago...haven’t read whole thread, so sorry if it’s already been posted. I’m of the opinion Cowboys are interested but in the end an unlikely landing spot for ET.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a team like BAL to do this, it's not about fighting. Hell, they give out little birdies on the helmet for that. That was the latest symptom, there is a deeper cause for a true contender to let him go. That's 2 of the 3 most defensive teams in the NFL that have been willing to part ways with him.

dckid

Reaction score

Cowboys beat writer Clarence Hill a couple of hours ago...haven’t read whole thread, so sorry if it’s already been posted. I’m of the opinion Cowboys are interested but in the end an unlikely landing spot for ET.

If the Cowboys miss out on this opportunity they are just plain dumb. Thomas is a player who is worth the risk and he is now damaged goods. Go out and make the Charles Haley move.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Imagine liking your guys so much that you're willing to let Earl go elsewhere again.

I'm giving the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt, as most of their acquisitions have been quiet this offseason, but they need to get this done.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If the Cowboys miss out on this opportunity they are just plain dumb. Thomas is a player who is worth the risk and he is now damaged goods. Go out and make the Charles Haley move.

we are looking at Darian Thompson as your starter,if that happens your whole D is toast no matter who plays on the Dline.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
If he can show up and be a team player and not hurt the Cap to much I'd say "yes". But on the other hand we have guys here who are fightin for a starting job. I believe he's better then what we have now so for a reasonable price I guess I'd pull the trigger. I'm still wheeling from the McCoy injury. I think we'll be ok. But my dream was to see him and Poe in there side by side...DARN!!!!!

DCowboyz

Reaction score
We’re not getting him. Mark that down. He’ll go to the contender though. Watch.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on man, he’s no longer “Charles Haley” performance level. I’m afraid Father Time has been tapping his door. And he’s not interested in playing for chump change which is what he’s worth now.

ET was once the best S in the league. But that never lasts forever. No thanks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Despite the black hole that safety is for the Cowboys, I’d be cautious bringing in a player that Pete Carroll and John Harbaugh have given up on in the last 1.5 years.

Earl has some serious baggage.

Keep seeing this........not sure why fans are putting his 2 releases together. His release from each team was different issues with no correlation to each other. Remember the Seahawks refused to restructure his contract. There were no behavior or work ethic issues with the that we know of.

Big_D

Reaction score
I was 1000% against a trade but would certainly pursue him right now. The perfect malcontent to complete a D. I do like the football attitude. We’ll see how McCarthy feels? Jerry’s licking his chops on jersey sales already! lol I could see the cowboys as front runners on this if the price is right.

Big_D

Reaction score
Then Baltimore will kick themselves after the Cowboys spank them in the Super Bowl. ~ The End :cool: LOL