Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

Carson

Reaction score
We’re at the point now, where I keep checking every 10-15 minutes if he signed yet. Hahaha

I’d think whether it’s us or someone else, seems like we’ll know by this time tomorrow. Or at least I hope we know. Lol

Give it a day or two. He’s going to weigh his options likely

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Never believe the media much when they link a player to the Cowboys but Schefter is a solid source considering he’s not just lumping the Cowboys with other teams.

I like Thomas but the last couple seasons, he has been far from a model employee. Something feels odd.
What feels odd is how these players have learned to re-direct their employment to leave a team and redo their deals.

I have never seen it so much..

Antonio Brown, this guy....

it's like a second level of FA..

but I would like Thomas as our safety.

Could he and Dix co-exist?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Xavier Woods isnt a starting safety on a good NFL defense.

Period.

This Dix situation is a large problem, if true.

Not ready to give up on the guy all that yet.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Very interesting release:

-I was a big supporter of acquiring Earl Thomas prior to him hitting fa. He is a proven play maker at a position of need, bigger fan of him over Adams.
-It's all about his price and length of his contract. Since he still will be getting paid, might come cheap
-His recent off the field antics at both Baltimore and Seattle are a little worrisome, but in my opinion, worth the gamble.
-Nolan's scheme might not be the best fit for his skill set, but even at his age, far and away better then our current safeties on the roster
-Him like Everson Griffen are type of veteran players who can turn this defense around instantly.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'd love to get the whole story about what happened.

Harbaugh declining to comment, to me, is kinda telling.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

-I was a big supporter of acquiring Earl Thomas prior to him hitting fa. He is a proven play maker at a position of need, bigger fan of him over Adams.
-It's all about his price and length of his contract. Since he still will be getting paid, might come cheap
-His recent off the field antics at both Baltimore and Seattle are a little worrisome, but in my opinion, worth the gamble.
-Nolan's scheme might not be the best fit for his skill set, but even at his age, far and away better then our current safeties on the roster
-Him like Everson Griffen are type of veteran players who can turn this defense around instantly.

At 31 Thomas' best days are clearly behind him. The 24 year old Adams is still an ascending player. I know which one I'd choose (if I could).

The only way I bring in Thomas now is an incentive-laden deal with an escape clause. I'm glad Baltimore made the mistake of paying him.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'd love to get the whole story about what happened.

Harbaugh declining to comment, to me, is kinda telling.

Harbaugh not commenting could be just as much due to the grievance being filed, and not wanting to provide any evidence on the record.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever we do, just don’t trade for him please. He still might have some juice left however. The Honey Badger looked washed up too and than made it to KC and was a Star again.
Yeah but the Honey Badger is 28.

TheCritic

Reaction score
If the Cowboys sign him, they should place him in a mental institution for a couple of weeks. Find out what's wrong with him. Some ECT would do him some good. Not worried about him missing training camp. 10,000 volts and he'll be good to go.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
At 31 Thomas' best days are clearly behind him. The 24 year old Adams is still an ascending player. I know which one I'd choose (if I could).

The only way I bring in Thomas now is an incentive-laden deal with an escape clause. I'm glad Baltimore made the mistake of paying him.

Since he probably is getting paid by Baltimore this year, I would love an incentive laden, 1 yr deal. Take away the contracts, I much rather have an elite, ball hawking play maker in the deep secondary then one who make majority of his impact plays inside the box. Team sorely lacks a play maker in their secondary who has the ability to generate turnovers.

Loso86

Reaction score
I don’t know. I watched a good bit of Ravens games and Earl was constantly taking bad angles coming downhill in run support, or getting washed-out by WR blocks, getting out ran or just generally getting stiff-armed into oblivion by bigger RBs. It looked like he lost his edge.

And I was an “ET come home” guy last off-season, but what I saw was a FS that lost some ability and wasn’t worth the $13-14M he was getting. If we can have him cheap, sure...see if 2019/Ravens was just an off year for him.
I agree I watches them too, also watched HaHa. But I think if hes smart he wont have a high price tag because hes still owed most of his money from Bal

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I wasn't sure where I was with this yesterday Friday and honestly, I*'m still not sure. I def think he still has enough left to play at a decent level. What's troubling for me is losing the support of his Raven teammates. Not just losing their support but they wanted him off the team. Not sure I've seen this since the issue between T O and the Eagles. So to me ........his next team needs to find out where his head is and what happened with his raven teammates.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Xavier Woods isnt a starting safety on a good NFL defense.

Period.

This Dix situation is a large problem, if true.

Not ready to give up on the guy all that yet.
You defend Dix, who most have said has been bad in camp, and criticize X, who most have said has been good. Woods played well on a terrible scheme the last few years. Put him next to Thomas he will grab you 5 INTS.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where I was with this yesterday Friday and honestly, I*'m still not sure. I def think he still has enough left to play at a decent level. What's troubling for me is losing the support of his Raven teammates. Not just losing their support but they wanted him off the team. Not sure I've seen this since the issue between T O and the Eagles. So to me ........his next team needs to find out where his head is and what happened with his raven teammates.

This, seems like no one was on his side to even want to give a 2nd chance. It was interesting listening to Lance Meadows from Maddog yesterday morning interview the beat writer for the team as they dove indept about the happenings.