Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys miss out on this opportunity they are just plain dumb. Thomas is a player who is worth the risk and he is now damaged goods. Go out and make the Charles Haley move.
Charles Haley was 28 and in the peak of his career when the Cowboys acquired him.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Come on man, he’s no longer “Charles Haley” performance level. I’m afraid Father Time has been tapping his door. And he’s not interested in playing for chump change which is what he’s worth now.

ET was once the best S in the league. But that never lasts forever. No thanks.

He’s significantly better than anything we currently have

Aven8

Reaction score
Come on man, he’s no longer “Charles Haley” performance level. I’m afraid Father Time has been tapping his door. And he’s not interested in playing for chump change which is what he’s worth now.

ET was once the best S in the league. But that never lasts forever. No thanks.

Whatever we do, just don’t trade for him please. He still might have some juice left however. The Honey Badger looked washed up too and than made it to KC and was a Star again.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think after Baltimore flat out released him a pay cut will definitely be in order.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I made two comments when this news broke. One about the Cowboys being a lock Super Bowl winner. The other about Thomas potentially piecing up Prescott.

The first comment is currently sitting at 20 likes. The second at 32 likes.

Regardless of how this Thomas saga ends we learned in this thread our fans would rather see Prescott get his comeuppance than the Cowboys win another Super Bowl.

I've never been prouder of you guys than I am today.
The latter may lead to the former?

75boyz

Reaction score
again this type of mentality is what Garrett/McClay went out of there way to avoid..They wanted young players and they wanted them to play. All of a sudden the defense is a bunch of old guys with an unstable off the field situation and then other guys who have injury histories.

Seems like a recipe for disaster to me. There really is nothing to me yet that says this defense is going to even be good let alone "compete for a title"

Good post. You always give well reasoned logic supporting your opinions. Great job.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lost a step yet would be better than any FS we have
I don’t know. I watched a good bit of Ravens games and Earl was constantly taking bad angles coming downhill in run support, or getting washed-out by WR blocks, getting out ran or just generally getting stiff-armed into oblivion by bigger RBs. It looked like he lost his edge.

And I was an “ET come home” guy last off-season, but what I saw was a FS that lost some ability and wasn’t worth the $13-14M he was getting. If we can have him cheap, sure...see if 2019/Ravens was just an off year for him.