Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

MikeB80

Reaction score
ironically the cowboys ravens game from 2016 is on channel 21 here in DFW. The 2nd quarter just started on the broadcast if anyone wants to watch.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I am not against it at all, just questioning the guy's sanity a little.. he's not getting younger either but anyone saying he wouldn't be an upgrade is a dope. LOL
He's probably a little humbled.

He's most likely signing a 1-year deal wherever he signs in the next few days.

Which means he will be looking for a big contract (probably his final one) in the off-season. My guess is that he will be on his best behavior this season.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Remember the 3 questions...

Is he available?
Is he affordable?
Does he make us better?

Yes, yes, and heck yes.

This exact scenario leaves out tiny important thing....what does he do to the team?

Otherwise the three questions you just asked answered applied to Greg Hardy and he was a complete disaster. Late all the time...Held up the team plane because he was late, showing up drunk at the facility in the morning and Going after a coach on the sideline during a game.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This exact scenario leaves out what tiny important thing....what does he do to the team?

Otherwise the three questions you just asked answered applied to Greg Hardy and he was a complete disaster. Late all the time...Held up the team plane because he was late, showing up drunk at the facility in the morning and Going after a coach on the sideline during a game.
Locker room and coachability falls under the "does he make us better" question. It's not just from a talent standpoint..Does he make us better (as a team) ?

stiletto

Reaction score
He's probably a little humbled.

He's most likely signing a 1-year deal wherever he signs in the next few days.

Which means he will be looking for a big contract (probably his final one) in the off-season. My guess is that he will be on his best behavior this season.

Mehh.. he just has to log in and look at his bank/portfolio balances and I doubt there is much "humble". With that said, if someone else is paying his salary for a year or so, why not?... Jerry can definitely afford him for a 2-3 year fade-a-away contract if he earns it.

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know... another team for earl? sounds like he has cte or something. It is not normal to bounce around teams like that. I would pass.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Locker room and coachability falls under the "does he make us better" question. It's not just from a talent standpoint..Does he make us better (as a team) ?

but this guy is a malcontent. He asked the opposing coach after winning an important game to come and get him.....he gave his coach who is highly respected and loved by his players the finger as he was carted off, now he has been thrown off an organization that lets its players get away with anything and everything.

the answer is obvious, he will never make it through a full season of ups and downs here without some sort of meltdown.

irishline

Reaction score
New Orleans and San Fran are clear cut 1 & 2 but I think Dallas and Tampa are right there.

The Buccaneers have 2 million in cap space and a whole lot of solid players to resign next offseason. The Saints have 6 million and are in the same situation.

I don't know if Dallas signing him, but unless its a one year deal for a small contract I don't think either one of them are really all in on this. The 49ers, now thats a different story.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Ravens are really the ones with egg on their face. Thomas signed a ridiculous contract with them, glad the Cowboys didn't pay it. Now they can have him for almost nothing and if he comes in and stays sane, it will be a windfall. Clearly an upgrade to a position that has absolutely killed us for years. I am not against it at all, just questioning the guy's sanity a little.. he's not getting younger either but anyone saying he wouldn't be an upgrade is a dope. LOL

Most of the guys downing Thomas are the guys that defended heath. Lol

this defense and secondary needs a little edge and anger. I hope he fights them all into shape.
Next time Jaylon smith dances around like a fool one play before he gets burnt for a td I hope Thomas knocks him out.

zerofill

Reaction score
Yeah if he's punching teammates, I no longer want him in Dallas. Roll with Rhodes and Dix for this season, draft a new playmaking safety next year.

Depends on why he is punching them... lol

There have been many times looking at the sideline, that I wish someone would have walked up and punched half of them.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Don’t think so.

Earl Thomas to Dallas makes too much sense.

We are a legit contender but adding him kinda pushes us towards the top of the NFC I think.

New Orleans and San Fran are clear cut 1 & 2 but I think Dallas and Tampa are right there.

Green Bay and seattle seem like teams that were good last year and will be better this year.

I think atlanta and chicago have a real chance to be bounce back teams this year too.

Teams like Arizona and Minnesota feel like with a few breaks there way they could be very good also.

Just feels like Dallas has a long way to go before they are in that mix again. Last summer all we heard was this is the most talented team and many said the coaching would be vastly improved since linehan was gone and kris richard had more input on the defense. Feels like all the same people are declaring how great this team is again for all the same reasons.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
but this guy is a malcontent. He asked the opposing coach after winning an important game to come and get him.....he gave his coach who is highly respected and loved by his players the finger as he was carted off, now he has been thrown off an organization that lets its players get away with anything and everything.

the answer is obvious, he will never make it through a full season of ups and downs here without some sort of meltdown.
Possible. The signs are there.

I still think he puts on his best behavior for 2020. His only chance at one more decent payday depends on it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Green Bay and seattle seem like teams that were good last year and will be better this year.

I think atlanta and chicago have a real chance to be bounce back teams this year too.

Teams like Arizona and Minnesota feel like with a few breaks there way they could be very good also.

Just feels like Dallas has a long way to go before they are in that mix again. Last summer all we heard was this is the most talented team and many said the coaching would be vastly improved since linehan was gone and kris richard had more input on the defense. Feels like all the same people are declaring how great this team is again for all the same reasons.

Most people have Dallas as one of the 5 best NFC teams.

It’s not just a Cowboy fan thing.

How many people would’ve had the 49ers ranked high last year?

Anything can happen.. We see this lesson taught all the time but we still don’t learn.

Dallas could be terrible but their roster is legit.