Ray Rice of Rutgers

DBoys

Reaction score
After watching the highlights I was most impressed with Jonathon Stewart. To have that size, balance, and vision is insane.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;1734484 said:
Ive been saying this all along. <shrug> But does anyone ever listen to me? Hopefully Jerry wont do some dumb deal for McFadden, and spend the draft picks wisely.

I would be tickled pink with Rice, or better yet Felix Jones.

if McFadden turns out to be a yr in and yr out all pro, would trading up for him be worth it then?

if we had traded all our picks in 1990 to move up and get Emmitt Smith, would that have been worth it?

David

btcutter

Reaction score
marchetta;1731529 said:
BP said the only reason that MBIII wasn't his #1RB was because MBIII was too valuable of a 3rd down back. When we resign MBIII, he's going to warrant #1RB money, therefore he's probably going to be the primary ball carrier. So, getting a guy like Steve Slaton would make a lot of sense, since he projects to being a great 3rd down NFL back. Simply put, Slaton complements MBIII a lot better than R.Rice does. While I like R.Rice better as a NFL RB prospect, he's not what we need, unless we're going to keep MBIII's role the same. Personally, I would love to see R. Rice and MBIII sharing carries for a whole season. They're both physical backs that don't go down after initial contact. R.Rice runs with the patience, balance, and vision of Emmitt Smith. As you can, tell I'm conflicted. Do you take the better RB (R.Rice), or the guy that fits your need better(S.Slayton)? I don't know.

Don't pick on need. Pick the BEST player!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dbair1967;1734579 said:
if McFadden turns out to be a yr in and yr out all pro, would trading up for him be worth it then?

if we had traded all our picks in 1990 to move up and get Emmitt Smith, would that have been worth it?

David

we can "if" all day long.

what if we traded our entire draft for ricky williams. worth it?
bozworth?
bo jackson?

you can't take the unknown and slap it to what you want it to be for what we do now. the fact of the matter is "can't miss" players come and go all the time in the NFL and it seems those who are not necessarily "can't miss" don't miss.

brady, for example. romo.

and yes, some *do* work out. but since we don't know lobbing in emmitt to this (of which we didn't need to trade for so i don't get your point here) does for the equation, i'll just put him aside.

but i'm utterly amazed at this mcfadden boner people seem to have. with cleveland winning now everyone is saying "all these teams don't need a rb so he'll fall!" as is BPA never existed.

fantasyland is cool and all but it ain't got much to do with reality.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
This time last year I was a little leary of Steve Slaton's transition into the pro's, because his game was so geared to speed only.

But after watching him this season, I feel he has become a better all around running back.

He has gained weight and runs harder, more physical.

He has better vision, better patience, and he is finishing runs off in a more physical style.

Granted, he will never be an MB3 type of RB in the pro's, but I am more confident in him now than I was in the past.

I do like Ray Rice and think he will be a solid NFL RB too, so if we get him or Slaton I would be happy.