RB Joseph Randle was arrested yesterday for shoplifting at Dillards

dstovall5

Reaction score
It happens. My grandmother had a blouse she was looking at and put it on her arm. She saw a friend in the store and started talking to her for a few minutes and then forgot what she was doing and walked out the store with the blouse still on her arm (she was in her 80's at the time). She then realized she walked out with the blouse and then walked back to the store to return the blouse, but the store's rent-a-cops had determined she must have been a hardened criminal and had her arrested. The case was dismissed as security cameras outside the store showed her walking back to the store.

Obviously, Randle is not a 80-year old person with bad memory. But, it goes to show how some rent-a-cops and stores are a bit overzealous when it comes to shoplifting.

And obviously, there are some shoplifters that would rather steal than pay for anything, regardless of how much money they have. I just tend to doubt that was the case with Randle and he could have very well walked out with the items without knowing it.

YR

Your Grandma sounds like an OG! :oldcouple:

dstovall5

Reaction score
The risk for the things he got caught with is a slap on the wrist. a Misdemeanor.

15k ring is a felony, with jail time.

I was mainly talking in reference to his career. If you're going to risk your career, at least up the anty.

Either way, it's not smart. :laugh:

gdogg24

Reaction score
Some of you are gonna feel really bad if it turns out the guy actually did this because he crapped his pants

revospeed

Reaction score
I wouldn't even hesitate; cut his ***. We're building something here and do not have time to baby sit those who cannot act like a decent human being. Cut him, and let's move on.

Did you say the same thing about Dez? What about Scandrick? Anthony Spencer and his DUI? Henry Melton and his bar fight? Heck, let's cut Rolando McClain too. Cutting a guy with promise over a misdemeanor is stupid and so is the "cut him now, we don't have time for that" attitude. You don't have to be the paradigm of moral virtue to play football.

Aven8

Reaction score
He stole a 2 pack of Polo underwear $40, and some Black Guilty Gucci cologne at $64. So for $104 + tax!

What an idiot. But I don't think he should be disciplined by the team outside of maybe a quarter or two.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I wouldn't even hesitate; cut his ***. We're building something here and do not have time to baby sit those who cannot act like a decent human beings. Cut him, and let's move on.

That's a HUGE overreaction and won't happen.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You think they keep Brent, but cut Randle?

Not a chance in Hades.

Plus, with HGH testing underway now, it's best to just hang on.

This is a true statement and I probably agree with it. Having said that, Jimmy cut guys for less. He also overlooked much bigger things so it's not unheard of. Coaches sometimes do things to send a message. Anything is possible.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Did you say the same thing about Dez? What about Scandrick? Anthony Spencer and his DUI? Henry Melton and his bar fight? Heck, let's cut Rolando McClain too. Cutting a guy with promise over a misdemeanor is stupid and so is the "cut him now, we don't have time for that" attitude. You don't have to be the paradigm of moral virtue to play football.

Sad. Stick up for the role player. The guys you mentioned happen to start. Big difference since you're talking about the moral code in football and how it should all go down. Remember the Jimmy Johnson era? Jimmy kept HIS guys and looked the other way as much as possible, but if you were merely a backup, you were gone over stupid **** like this.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Some of you are gonna feel really bad if it turns out the guy actually did this because he crapped his pants

Does crapping one's pants take away their ability to pay for items in a department store?

conner01

Reaction score
What a complete bafoon...it's not what he did that matters from here on out, it's how the organization handles it...a message sent, happened all the time when Jimmy was there...

no it did'nt. thats a myth, jimmy never cut anything but fringe players and we had guys accused of felonies. this is a minor charge. the act was very stupid and makes you wonder about the kids head but he is not going to be cut for it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I wouldn't even hesitate; cut his ***. We're building something here and do not have time to baby sit those who cannot act like a decent human beings. Cut him, and let's move on.

Hold on Fletch.

Don't you get it?
A couple of arrests means we are returning back to prominence... Ala 1990s

Lol

erod

Reaction score

Compare this to what Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant, and Josh Brent did.

He's not going anywhere.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Does crapping one's pants take away their ability to pay for items in a department store?

Could you imagine how embarrassing that would be? I frankly wouldn't blame the guy if it was that kind of situation!