RB Joseph Randle was arrested yesterday for shoplifting at Dillards

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Does crapping one's pants take away their ability to pay for items in a department store?

Security could have caught him changing in the restroom. It's posted at most stores not to take items into the restrooms. Not saying that is what happened but what the other guy was alluding to.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If you do a search right now on Twitter for "jran_1" the reaction is brutal and yet also very comical. Dude... You're into the NFL. Shoplifting? Really?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Then yes, I'm suggesting he went full Willie Blade and if that's the case I think he deserves a pass.

It was Blade? I thought it was Dimitrius Underwood, maybe Underwood was peeing though now that I think of it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No... Dillards is an upscale department store, there's no self-checkout, and no carts that I can remember... It is a hard place to steal from, lots of cameras, and their loss prevention teams are serious about their jobs... There's no uniformed security, there's 4-5 plain-clothed agents roaming the store and monitoring the cameras... The security at Dillards are well-trained and professional, it's not likely that they made a mistake here... I would never do it now, but I used to steal from Dillards when I was a teenager (even cologne testers), I used to shoplift everywhere for a couple years... It never mattered how much money I had in my pocket, if I could steal something, I would... I'd risk my freedom for the stupidest little trinkets when I had no real desire for the item... Stealing is an addiction for some people, realizing my addiction is what made me stop... That said, it was really dumb for me to shoplift when I was 14-15, but I cant imagine doing something like this in my 20's, regardless of my financial status... Really poor decision by Randle...

Hope you enjoyed the couch. That'll be $200. ;)

revospeed

Reaction score
Sad. Stick up for the role player. The guys you mentioned happen to start. Big difference since you're talking about the moral code in football and how it should all go down. Remember the Jimmy Johnson era? Jimmy kept HIS guys and looked the other way as much as possible, but if you were merely a backup, you were gone over stupid **** like this.

Are you one of those guys who was upset that Randle got the job over Ryan Williams? If so, that explains a lot. But back to the topic at hand, Randle's play on the field has been good enough to justify not cutting him just because he shoplifted. He's run the ball well in limited opportunities and has been arguably the best special teamer this year. They'd be dumb to cut him over this when they let so much else go.

Sydla

Reaction score
He should be suspended.

He shoplifted, he needs to face a punishment from the Cowboys/NFL.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randle will be punished according to either the club or commissioner discipline stipulations outlined in the CBA or league personal conduct policies. He is not going anywhere for stealing underwear and cologne. Big whoop. Randle will get kicked out of the league after folks see him running from naked natives shooting poisoned tipped arrows in a some god forsaken jungle.

erod

Reaction score
495 grand just isn't enough.

Actually, for a single guy with basically no deductions at that tax rate, you'd be shocked at how little that is. Especially when you consider that a Cowboys player can't exactly move into the Morning Wood Apartments and get any peace of mind.

But I digress. This was stupid.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
This just gave the national media its story for the day. They don't have to talk about the Seattle game anymore.

It didn't seem like they were talking too much about the game anyways

Any day I can turn on NFLN or ESPN or FOXsport or any other channel and every other story is about the Seahawks I haven't seen it this week

mldardy

Reaction score
This just gave the national media its story for the day. They don't have to talk about the Seattle game anymore.

I don't even here anyone talking about this besides when they do their top of the hour updates or something. This is really not as big as you are making it out to be. Randle is a backup RB and the story isn't big or bad enough to be talked about that much. And people do still talk about the Seattle game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If this in any way leads to Ryan Williams being called up, Randle can kiss his #2 RB niche goodbye. I'm intrigued by Williams anyway.

Randle doesn't deserve to be cut but a message should be sent. We are on an early tear and don't need any distractions whatsoever. Period. Nil. None. Zilch.