RB Joseph Randle was arrested yesterday for shoplifting at Dillards

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Actually Jimmy got rid (cut, trade, etc.) of key backups and even starters, if they were not on the same page or he had another goal in mind. Jimmy traded or cut quite a few of the starters he received in the Herschel Walker trade. Sending messages by cutting fringe players was ONE way Jimmy did things, not the only way.

Jimmy wouldn't have cut a superstar, though. Michael Irvin said as much. Jimmy knew who could play. He was first and foremost a coach who understood who he could live with (on the playing field) and who he could live without.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
It has begun
Bz7E3veCMAAO3yI.jpg

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Jimmy wouldn't have cut a superstar, though. Michael Irvin said as much. Jimmy knew who could play. He was first and foremost a coach who understood who he could live with (on the playing field) and who he could live without.

I agree. But he'd trade them if he needed to. Even superstars were not safe. Jimmy absolutely loved his stars and the guys who played the Jimmy way, but he believed first and foremost in his vision, and he would use anything (even a superstar) to execute that vision.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just when the Cowboys are returning to prominence and getting attention for what they're doing on the field this happens.
I could understand cutting Randle some slack. But for the ill-timeliness of this act, I wouldn't be a bit upset if they cut him on the spot.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If a Hispanic male such as myself gets followed around by security in our local Dillard's I can only imagine what it's gotta be like for a young black male.

Not excusing anything he did.

But he's gotta be smarter than that and be a lot more aware of his surroundings.

Reaction score
If a Hispanic male such as myself gets followed around by security in our local Dillard's I can only imagine what it's gotta be like for a young black male.

Not excusing anything he did.

But he's gotta be smarter than that and be a lot more aware of his surroundings.

Who knows if he was followed around? The alarms may have gone off when he tried to leave the store, which prompted security to show up.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Bz7E40kIYAAqUkR.jpg

He's right about keeping walking - a lot of stores are instructed to not stop the shoplifter. Not a good idea to get into your own car though... Anyway.

I don't think he crapped his pants until maybe after he was arrested.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Randle telling cop he woulda just kept walking if he knew he'd be arrested + calling security guard the "old guy."
Cowboys woulda drafted the next name if they'd known.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Who knows if he was followed around? The alarms may have gone off when he tried to leave the store, which prompted security to show up.

Think he was caught on camera.

Dillard's isn't the place to be trying that nonsense.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned for him.