RB's left to target day 3

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Repeat after me: running backs don’t matter. Thank goodness we didn’t blow a top 100 pick there. You build the line and you can win with Dowdle and Freeman.

Carson

Reaction score
Repeat after me: running backs don’t matter. Thank goodness we didn’t blow a top 100 pick there. You build the line and you can win with Dowdle and Freeman.
You do need a back with some speed though. I wouldnt mind a speed guy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Ken

Reaction score
Ya guys...Rbs don't matter lol

The team that steamrolled us in the playoffs added Josh Jacobs and probably the best back in the draft in Marshawn Lloyd.

We are focused on a "future" with Zeke.

Bagman

Reaction score
I think Jaylen Wright and Ray Davis can be starters in the NFL. They’re still available. I just didn’t list them because they weren’t 30Visits and I doubt they make it to our pick in round 5.

Would like to see the cowboys trade up and grab one of them.
It really would be great if we traded up into the 4th and grabbed a nice RB prospect. Unfortunately Jerry is going to grab a nap today and told everyone to not wake him until their pick in the 5th round.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I always see people on here say 'never draft a running back before the 4th round' so now that we haven't everyone is on here complaining. Never change cowboyszone.
There is still Free Agency, trades etc., but if we sign Zek for anything more than a goal line back and 3-5 carries a game I’ll be pissed.
Watching him play with NE, it was easy to see he has very little left.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
4 RBs in 3 rounds. The NFL is telling us something here with this.

Still some talent available at RB. Personally I'd like to see them move into 4th or top 1/3rd of 5th. But standing pat they likely have an option or 3 available at RB.
Two went in the first last season and 7 total in the first three rounds. What the NFL is telling us is that this is a weak RB class and we missed the boat on bringing in a quality back, despite having multiple opportunities.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Troy Hambrick
Michael Wiley
Julius Jones
Joseph Randal

Just off the top of my head.

You don't need an all pro, but you absolutely need somebody that can find a crease, grind down a defense, and keep the other guys honest. What's that stat again regarding 100 yards rushing and winning games?

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
If a valued RB drops into the middle of the 5th, I can see a trade up by giving up a 5th next year.

Gambit

Reaction score
Two went in the first last season and 7 total in the first three rounds. What the NFL is telling us is that this is a weak RB class and we missed the boat on bringing in a quality back, despite having multiple opportunities.
Missed the boat?

Is the draft over?

CoachD

Reaction score
So the cowboys still need a running back.

I checked the 30 visits and here are the RB’s still left that were 30 visits.

Braelon Allen- Wisconsin
Bucky Irving- Oregon
Rasheen Ali- Marshall
Jase McClellan- Alabama

Any chance Allen or Irving is still available when the cowboys pick in the 5th?
Isaac Guerrero will be and he's as good as any one of them.

Gambit

Reaction score
If a valued RB drops into the middle of the 5th, I can see a trade up by giving up a 5th next year.
Apparently this can not happen. I have been told on this board the draft is over for Dallas and RBs.

If they didn't force a pick there before last night ended then there is no sense drafting anyone at all

I disagree and think there are some good quality backs who can help still available with only 43% of draft having taken place, but alas, this only is true for non Dallas teams.