RC Hobby

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol. Work would be searching and locating the pics. Most images found on the internet or by googling have filenames containing or ending with extensions .jpg, .png, .gif, etc. Posting images here is easy and takes about five/ten seconds max. Pay attention @Tabascocat ;) . My process uses a computer or an iPhone.

Computer
  • Find the image
  • Right-click the image
  • Choose Copy Image Link from the menu that opens
  • Back here on CowboysZone, decide either to use the super easy Insert Image tool, shown above the Reply message box, or directly inside the Reply box:
  1. type [ IMG] before the image link. Remove any blank spaces between the brackets []
  2. paste the image link
  3. type [ /IMG] after the image link

iPhone
  • Find the image
  • Using a finger, press down on the image
  • Choose Open image in new tab from the menu that opens
  • tap inside the new tab's address bar
  • tap the Copy option
  • Back here on CowboysZone, decide either to use the super easy Insert Image tool, shown above the Reply message box, ordirectly inside the Reply box:
    1. type [ IMG] before the image link. Remove any blank spaces between the brackets []
    2. paste the image link
    3. type [ /IMG] after the image link

You are done if the image link has an accepted filename extension. The image will not appear if the image link does not contain an accepted filename extension. If it is the latter, you will end up with either an error message or posting the text of the image link. Here is an example using the image link https://m.media-amazon.com/images/W/MEDIAX_792452-T2/images/I/31oHshjSAQL._QL92_SH45_SS200_.jpg (notice the .jpg at the end of the filename) with the Insert Image tool:

31oHshjSAQL._QL92_SH45_SS200_.jpg

Here is the same image link using the [ IMG] [ /IMG] tags:

31oHshjSAQL._QL92_SH45_SS200_.jpg

Same result. And without needing to upload anything to a hosting site

The steps for resizing and/or cropping images are basic as well but a bit more involved, which is what I was referring to more in the other thread, @Tabascocat ! :cool:
I have yet to see open image in new tab. It’s open link in new tab or window :huh:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Did the maiden today. Everything was going well till it wasn’t. 3 minutes in (first time ever flying a heli) it started to walk on me and I panicked and pulled the throttle back a bit too much and as it dropped I tried to recover and bounced the landing. If I had kept the original skids and fuse on it would’ve been fine. But the fragility of the thin fiberglass fuselage cracked in multiple places.

So now I have to decide if I should just got back to the stock fuselage and skids and just call it a day.

Creeper

Reaction score
When you fly an RC plane, do you have to honor the same aerodynamics that regular plane goes through to keep from losing control? Or are RCs small enough that they can compensate at that scale?
Didn't you watch "Flight of the Phoenix"? ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have yet to see open image in new tab. It’s open link in new tab or window :huh:
AAAAGGGHHH! Did not stop to consider the type of browser someone else might have on their cell. I use Microsoft Edge. Steps are different in other browser apps. I downloaded Google Chrome, Firefox and tried Safari:

Google Chrome & Safari browsers
  • Tap the image
  • Tap the vertical 3-dot MORE ellipse that appears at the right upper corner of the image
  • Tap Share
  • Tap Copy (image link copied)
Firefox
  • Tap the image
  • Tap the vertical 3-dot MORE ellipse that appears at the right upper corner of the image
  • Tap Share
  • On the Share menu, select Tap to copy link (a message will say 'Link copied' if successful)
Other browsers, like Opera, may have different variations of the process too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is an example of a webpage url google sets up to redirect a user to that site. Notice the goobly-gook text of the link does not have an image extension like .jpg, .gif., .png, etc. It will not display.

The alternative is to paste the copied link into a browser address bar. It would take you to the webpage Google linked to it. You can then use the same steps for an image:

wh-jennifer-anniston-split-1565626868.jpg

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/wh-jennifer-anniston-split-1565626868.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=1200:*

Notice the webpage image link has .jpg in it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The coveted RC 10 that we all had to have as a kid.

6001-1.10_1280x855_md.jpg

This car brings back so many memories. I almost want one for the nostalgia and up grade all the electronics, but I don’t think that transmission and slip gear would accept the power. I have been also looking at some old school tamiya lunchbox, grass hopper, big foot. Those were also so much fun as a kid.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The wind finally calmed down and I was able to get the heli out again. This is my 3rd time flying it I’ve probably run about 6 packs total at 3 mins a flight. This time I really started to get a feel for how to handle this thing it was by far my best day flying the heli.

I’m getting ready to order a new F-16 80mm from Horizon. I had a 64mm from MotionRC ( pictured in my pics) but I sold it to a friend. I’m really looking forward to the performance of that bird.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That is an example of a webpage url google sets up to redirect a user to that site. Notice the goobly-gook text of the link does not have an image extension like .jpg, .gif., .png, etc. It will not display.

The alternative is to paste the copied link into a browser address bar. It would take you to the webpage Google linked to it. You can then use the same steps for an image:

wh-jennifer-anniston-split-1565626868.jpg

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/wh-jennifer-anniston-split-1565626868.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=1200:*

Notice the webpage image link has .jpg in it.
I knew there was a reason I was drawn into this thread. :muttley: