RC Hobby

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Here's one of the ones I wanted to get, which is the one my wife thought I got in the mail the other day. I wish.

https://www.rcgoing.com/fly-wing-uh...tioning-with-h1-flight-control-rc-helicopter/

It also has GPS.

That is a nice heli! I’ve read good things about the fly wing. I think Motionsrc uses the same tech as the fly wing.

We were gonna go fly again today but the wind is bad. I want to run some more packs on this MiG it’s just a gentle giant in the air. It’s got a stunning profile on the vertical. Lots of compliments at the field on it. I have some video of it, but don’t want to host it and upload.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Just ordered the flight simulator. Flew the heli the other day and because I'm so rusty, I think it's better to fly on the simulator so I don't break the heli. Hard to fly outside now anyhow because it's either rainy or windy or both.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
T9fNnuPt3K.webp
Added another plane to the fleet. I picked this one up used for $125 bucks couldn’t beat it. It’s a E-flite extra 300

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We did get some flying in today! Weather was perfect. My buddy has me talked into doing a gasser now. I’m looking at a Yak 81inch wing span looking to run a DLE55 in it with electric start. I found a fuse brand new that’s been sitting for a few years all in its original packaging. Hoping to make a deal on it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So I think I might have made a deal on a Yak but it’s an 88 inch not the 81 I think he’s going to trade me for my 8S Zeus that I have. Can’t believe I might be doing a gasser lol.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Progress is being made on the Yak 54. I have ordered my first round of parts for the plane. I have cut and fitted the main wings and quick disconnects. I have touched all the joints with light CA glue. I have installed the rudder, but I’ve decided to go with a push servo setup mounting the servo in the tail instead of the pull/pull style with the servo mounted under the canopy. This will allow me plenty of room for the smoke system 2 700Ml tanks, 3 batteries and the electric start that will be onboard. I’ll post some pics soon.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Some pics of my build. I’m contemplating on putting the rudder servo in the tail. I ordered a servo tray to modify if I go that route. My other option is to use the pull/pull style which I’m not a fan of at all. If I do the tail servo it’s going to be a custom job. Not worried about the CG as I think I’ll have enough gear to make it work without having to use lead weights. I think this bird is going to be about a pound and a half heavier than its original weight because of all the gear.

Engine Stinger 60CC with onboard electric start.
2 700ML tanks 1 for fuel and 1 for oil for the smoke machine. They’ll be positioned side by side in front of the wing spar.
Smoke pump which will be placed in front of the tanks.
Electric start switch and 2200 3S battery the switch will be in front of the tanks. With this battery positioned behind the wing spar.
2 servos for throttle and choke located behind the firewall.
2 2S 4000 lipos (they will run parallel above the tanks off to the side this will run the ignition system, surfaces controls, and smoke machine.
5 900 oz of torque surface servos
14 channel Spektrum RX with 3 Sat RX’s and Synapse.
Went with carbon fiber landing gear to lighten the load
Going with a rear exhaust so I don’t have to add a pipe or canister.
4 inch Carbon fiber spinner
22x10 Red propeller
Painting the wheel pants red.

IMG-7509.png
IMG-7508.png
IMG-7504.png
IMG-7463.jpg

IMG-7483.png

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Bought the Flywing 450L v3 last night. Also bought a quick release rotor for removing the blades easily. Should be getting it in a coupel of weeks. Got it for $100 off the original price from motionrc.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
It's not the Huey or Bell that I originally said wanted because those heli's are a bit pricey for me right now.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So I was going to put the a 60cc in my Yak, but one of the guys at my field had a DLE that he put 5 flights on, so I traded him my Bison Xt by Skynetic.

The standoffs that came with it are a bit too long. I ordered 1 1/8 standoffs. All of the “Hobbying” is pretty much done on my plane. Just waiting for parts to arrive. All I’ll have left to order is.

3 batteries
RX
Fuel lines
Throttle/choke arms
Electric start motor
Smoke machine motor
5 more servos

I’ll post pics later.