RC Hobby

SlammedZero

Reaction score
On a serious note, I had a period where I was really into model airplanes. My dad, brother, and I all did it together. It was fun. I mostly dabbled in electric planes. I had a couple with some brushless motors that really boogied through the air. Those were some fun days.

Also, that experience really set me up well into the future with my drone. Felt comfortable flying it my first time and I was already used to controlling something in the air (like when the plane is coming at you and left is right and right is left lol).

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It’s raining so bad here in LA the basin where our airfield is now a lake. Oof

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I did order a new flight sim to practice flying my heli on and boy what a huge difference in my flights now! I think that I’ve logged about 5 hours on the sim which has my model heli in it.

John813

Reaction score
RC.jpg

Most of my RC vehicles. Have a few Losi's but they are still broken.
Then 3 TRX crawlers.

The 2 Maxx are for my kids(2nd one in truck, broken lol).

Definitely a fun hobby.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I did order a new flight sim to practice flying my heli on and boy what a huge difference in my flights now! I think that I’ve logged about 5 hours on the sim which has my model heli in it.
What flight sim are you using? I don't care for the 3D flying but would love to build a scale heli and not be worried about crashing it on my first run.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
What flight sim are you using? I don't care for the 3D flying but would love to build a scale heli and not be worried about crashing it on my first run.
Realflight evolution. I also bought the spektrum dongle to use my NX8 with it. It uses my settings in the controller on the Sim. I’m not big into 3d flying either I enjoy scaling flying with a few acrobatic moves.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
RC.jpg

Most of my RC vehicles. Have a few Losi's but they are still broken.
Then 3 TRX crawlers.

The 2 Maxx are for my kids(2nd one in truck, broken lol).

Definitely a fun hobby.
Is that a Kraton 6s? Our neighbor has joined in our neighborhood bash sessions and he has one. It’s a cool basher. Its crazy out much bigger my 8S Outcast is compared to it though.

I think I’m going to build this vintage slash I have. I follow a guy who updates them, and it’s pretty trick. It will be a 4s when done.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I finally got around to rebuilding my MiG the last few days. It’s coming along pretty well. The only issue I might run into is finding bay doors for the front gear. I’m hoping I can order a set from a different model and use those. But to reform this I used some foam filler. If I decide to strip the plane and paint it again I’ll sand it and really go to town on it. But happy with the progress now.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Hopefully not too much since Air France seems to have so many overseas disappearances.

That landing almost looked like one of those ‘best of” YouTube vids with the large airliners landing in windy conditions.

John813

Reaction score
Is that a Kraton 6s? Our neighbor has joined in our neighborhood bash sessions and he has one. It’s a cool basher. Its crazy out much bigger my 8S Outcast is compared to it though.

I think I’m going to build this vintage slash I have. I follow a guy who updates them, and it’s pretty trick. It will be a 4s when done.

Biggest is the XRT and the 2nd one in size is the Sledge.

Over the years sort of stuck with Traxxas even though when I started it was losi & Axial at first.
Guess it helps when most Local hobby shops carry almost every part while I had to order online/delays on other brands.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Biggest is the XRT and the 2nd one in size is the Sledge.

Over the years sort of stuck with Traxxas even though when I started it was losi & Axial at first.
Guess it helps when most Local hobby shops carry almost every part while I had to order online/delays on other brands.
We have a local shop that is basically a Lodi/Team Associated here, and another that is axial/traxxas so I totally get it. I had some traxxas stuff years ago, and now all I have left is the 1 vintage rustler.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I got a few Batmobiles. My new obsession is collecting Hot Toys (yes they're called that nothing naughty lol) and they are destroying my wallet. Some of my more fancy ones are up to 500$ a pop. Wife hasn't left me......yet haha.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I got a few Batmobiles. My new obsession is collecting Hot Toys (yes they're called that nothing naughty lol) and they are destroying my wallet. Some of my more fancy ones are up to 500$ a pop. Wife hasn't left me......yet haha.

I’m gonna have to look that up. (Prayers to my web browser history)

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Received my MD500 the other day. Can't wait to fly it. The wife thought I bought the $800 one I sent her a pic of. All but gave her a coronary.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Received my MD500 the other day. Can't wait to fly it. The wife thought I bought the $800 one I sent her a pic of. All but gave her a coronary.

MotionRC just released a 450 AirWolf that self hovers using GPS technology. My fingers are getting itchy I want it. Lol

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Finally had some nice weather today so a few friends and I went flying. I decided to take the 3 WW2 birds and my Blade 230 Heli

1. 64mm Panther F8 on 4s
2. 1.3M T-28 by Eflite on 4s
3. Banana Hobby MiG-17 on 6s

This is the 2nd time I have gotten to re-maiden the MiG after the wing separated mid flight on its maiden a few months back. I spent the last few months rebuilding the plane. Got it trimmed and dialed in today and man what a nice flying jet it is. It’s 1.7m and it really does scoot!

SRtHUJNCHN.webp