Realistically, how many games will we lose this season?

jwitten82

Reaction score
We always ask about wins, nobody ever asks about losing. You have to lose to win. Will we finish below 500 or can we get above it? Please give your thoughts.
Lol if someone gives you their predictions on wins then you can guess with 99% accuracy on how many losses they think will happen, ties are rare. Anyways, it's looking like 7 losses

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol if someone gives you their predictions on wins then you can guess with 99% accuracy on how many losses they think will happen, ties are rare. Anyways, it's looking like 7 losses
If he has a calculator.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol, this place is hilarious. Day after day. 24/7. How about we have the draft and training camp, and some preseason games.
Because unless they hit on multiple starters in the draft, then how exactly did we get better this season? Dumpster diving in FA has not really worked well for us

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
5-7

I expect to win a lot of regular season games this year because our division sucks.

And I expect to be one and done in playoffs.

jwitten82

Reaction score
5-7

I expect to win a lot of regular season games this year because our division sucks.

And I expect to be one and done in playoffs.
I actually feel like theyll be in dog fights this year in the division minus the Giants. I think the oline is going a liability this year

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We always ask about wins, nobody ever asks about losing. You have to lose to win. Will we finish below 500 or can we get above it? Please give your thoughts.
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

When asked how many games will we win, it always turns into predictions of more losses than wins.
We could have the 1992 SB team, and fans on here would say we would lose more than win.

So to answer your question. We will lose less games than we win. Right now, I say they lose 7 at the most. However that still may be good enough to win the NFCE.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I actually feel like theyll be in dog fights this year in the division minus the Giants. I think the oline is going a liability this year
Very well could be ...... but what Dak does best is beat the NFC east ....... the second best thing he does is choke in the playoffs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

When asked how many games will we win, it always turns into predictions of more losses than wins.
We could have the 1992 SB team, and fans on here would say we would lose more than win.

So to answer your question. We will lose less games than we win. Right now, I say they lose 7 at the most. However that still may be good enough to win the NFCE.
But we won't win 12 games, you know Jerry hangs his hat on that

stiletto

Reaction score
I say 7-8. First place schedule this season, lame ducks everywhere, so far it looks like easily a worse roster. Maybe Wild card and one and done if we're lucky? I'd personally rather not make the playoffs just to get embarrassed again.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I say 7-8. First place schedule this season, lame ducks everywhere, so far it looks like easily a worse roster. Maybe Wild card and one and done if we're lucky? I'd personally rather not make the playoffs just to get embarrassed again.
Feel you on this

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Realistically I see a 10-7 or 11-6 season.

Just good enough to keep Dallas relevant and in the news come playoff time. That's the new standard around here anyway.

XXLMike

Reaction score
I originally said 10 but now that we signed Chuma Edoga, I’m gonna say 12

MTCowboyFan

Reaction score
I don't know how you look at what the Cowboys did (I guess what they did NOT do) in the off-season and think they aren't taking a huge step back.

Granted, I'm an extremely disgruntled fan at the moment but I think it's going to be very tough for them to get to 10 wins.

I feel like this season is going to be pretty bad and I'm thinking 8-9 wins at best and 6-7 if the whole thing craters. Which I feel is a real possibility.

Been a fan since 1977 so I've seen some lean years in that time but damn, I think the Cowboys are in for a very difficult season in '24 and it feels pretty hopeless going forward to me anyway.