Realistically, how many games will we lose this season?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Coog if your gonna do a thread like this you should include the teams we play this season. If your gonna do it ,do it right !
Otherwise your like Jerry as GM ! u know less is more and all that.

I just made this for myself, I will paste it here , and you can ask a mod to put it in the OP.

2024 Dallas Cowboys Teams to play

ROAD GAMES - 8

at Washington Commanders
FedExField, Landover, MD

at Pittsburgh Steelers
Acrisure Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA

at Atlanta Falcons
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA

at Carolina Panthers
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC

at Cleveland Browns
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH

at San Francisco 49ers
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA

at New York Giants
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

at Philadelphia Eagles
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA

New York Giants
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX

Philadelphia Eagles

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Washington Commanders

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans
Was just fixing to post the same, its early, but 2024 schedule is a rough one.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think Jerry's plan is to tank and sell the team. He is hoping for a slow start, hoping he can trade Dak and play Trance to get a top 10 pick.

He believes this will increase the value of the team.

1. 11 draft picks in 2025 (4 comp picks)
2. $100M below salary cap
3. If he can trade Dak(doubtful Dak would agree to it), even more picks.

As a new owner it would be appealing to have a top 10 pick, $100M in cap space, and 11 draft picks.

Honestly, how much farther can Jerry build the Cowboys Brand? It is time to sell.

As an A's fan, and no salary cap in baseball, I would hope he would buy the A's. Move them to Vegas and do his thing all over again. Jerry was at his best with no salary cap.

Can you imagine the media coverage of Jerry with a 162 game schedule vs 17 games.

Jerry would be in Heaven.
I will keep my fingers double crossed.

plymkr

Reaction score
Considering Edoga may be our starter at T I’m thinking 9-11 losses. We got handled by the Cardinals. Also losing as much depth in the defensive line is going to make our poor run defense worse.

Assuming Dak is still the QB1 at the start of the season he will have to play more close games with Edoga as his protection and we play a harder schedule.

Even if we completely knock out the draft we will still be a less talented team in 24.

I think we split with the Commanders because Quinn will know how to attack our offense. Split the Eagles and sweep the Giants. Steelers, Baltimore and that division will be tough and we play the 49ers again. If we start losing early the wheels can come flying off quickly.

plymkr

Reaction score
Was just fixing to post the same, it’s early, but 2024 schedule is a rough one.
That schedule on paper as of today looks pretty brutal. But I like the saying “it doesn’t matter who you play but when you play them”. So there’s hope there but we play a lot of teams in 24 that on paper, right now, or more talented than us.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That schedule on paper as of today looks pretty brutal. But I like the saying “it doesn’t matter who you play but when you play them”. So there’s hope there but we play a lot of teams in 24 that on paper, right now, or more talented than us.
2024 is about Jerry telling Dak to either earn it or burn it.
This FO is prepared to eat Daks dead cap in 2025, the writing is on the wall already that they are moving on.

plymkr

Reaction score
This FO is prepared to eat Daks dead cap in 2025, the writing is on the wall already that they are moving on.
I agree 100%

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think Jerry's plan is to tank and sell the team. He is hoping for a slow start, hoping he can trade Dak and play Trance to get a top 10 pick.

He believes this will increase the value of the team.

1. 11 draft picks in 2025 (4 comp picks)
2. $100M below salary cap
3. If he can trade Dak(doubtful Dak would agree to it), even more picks.

As a new owner it would be appealing to have a top 10 pick, $100M in cap space, and 11 draft picks.

Honestly, how much farther can Jerry build the Cowboys Brand? It is time to sell.

As an A's fan, and no salary cap in baseball, I would hope he would buy the A's. Move them to Vegas and do his thing all over again. Jerry was at his best with no salary cap.

Can you imagine the media coverage of Jerry with a 162 game schedule vs 17 games.

Jerry would be in Heaven.
This is a remote possibility, Jerry is old and tired of failing and criticism.
He likes money and 10-12 billion would look good to him.
Thing is though who would have enough to buy the team?
It would have to be a group of billionaires lol.

also it would be more fun to build another sports team. And he could make even more money doing that.
We can hope I guess.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That is what it looks like, but dont count on it, I still think jerry will extend dak at some point.
If he was going to trade him that should have already been done, but nothing there.

So now it is extend him or get nothing but a comp pick for him. That doesnt make sense, even for jones boys.

So they will extend him............unless dak is wanting to move on , be a FA, and pick his team in 2025.
He could just refuse any offer, till he is a FA.
He would then get 60 mil + from some team.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
IDK. This looks like a 10-7 season at best. Probably more like 8-9.

GMO415

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Buzzbait

Reaction score
For this early, I can see seven losses with the potential to be nine. It really is a crapshoot at this point…..
At this point I'm calling it 8 or 9 losses, and something tells me I'm giving the Boys the benefit of the doubt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We always ask about wins, nobody ever asks about losing. You have to lose to win. Will we finish below 500 or can we get above it? Please give your thoughts.
If our QB and key players stay healthy we’ll finish above .500 contending for playoffs.

But I’d expect us to lose more games than we did last year based on our schedule , our division and conference improving and the fact we lost so many starters.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We lost 5 last year with a better team and less distraction. No way we are a better team right now, so I'll say 8/9 losses, no playoff. This thing can get ugly really fast. Jerry and Stephen have made this season about everyone playing either for their job or new contracts, team unity and playing for your teammates be damned. This to me, will be a lot of selfishness of guys worrying more about their stats than winning. In other words, 6-11 record would not surprise me at all.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We lost 5 last year with a better team and less distraction. No way we are a better team right now, so I'll say 8/9 losses, no playoff. This thing can get ugly really fast. Jerry and Stephen have made this season about everyone playing either for their job or new contracts, team unity and playing for your teammates be damned. This to me, will be a lot of selfishness of guys worrying more about their stats than winning. In other words, 6-11 record would not surprise me at all.
I don't know, but this year at this point, the only thing that would surprise me would be Cowboy's success.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won’t be as bad as some think (hope)….. 6 or 7 losses.