Realistically, what record do you see the Cowboys finishing this season?

morasp

Reaction score
If everyone is healthy and they play inspired like they did in the Eagles game I think they have a chance to win each of the regular season games we have left this year. The thing about the Jets game was they were so flat even the sideline and booth announcers were commenting on it. It reminded me of the last game Wade coached for the Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
So, if we had beaten the Jets then you'd have us at 7-9?

The rest of the season:
NYG = W
Minn = W
Lions = W
NE = L
Bills = W
Bears = W
Rams = L
Eagles = L
Wash = W

10-6, win the East and win a WC game. I do think we are good enough to beat NO, GB and LAR. Probably should have notched wins against NO and GB already, but we all know that didn't happen. I'm still not 100% sold on SF yet. Let's see where we are in December. A lot can change in a month.

We may not win the division at 10-6.

The Eagles pay the Giants x2, the Skins and the Dolphins which is four easy wins. So that gets them to 8 wins now. You have them beating us which means they are now at 9 wins. That means they only have to win one of these games - Seahawks, NE and Bears. They will probably beat the Bears who stink right now. So that's 10 wins.

If we both finish with 10 wins and split our head to head, then you go to record in comparable games, which I believe, would be the same. Then you go to conference record, which again, would be the same. Then it comes to strength of wins. Cowboys might have a problem there as the Eagles would have more quality wins than we did having beaten a Packers team that might be a 2 seed in the NFC, for example.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So, if we had beaten the Jets then you'd have us at 7-9?

The rest of the season:
NYG = W
Minn = W
Lions = W
NE = L
Bills = W
Bears = W
Rams = L
Eagles = L
Wash = W

10-6, win the East and win a WC game. I do think we are good enough to beat NO, GB and LAR. Probably should have notched wins against NO and GB already, but we all know that didn't happen. I'm still not 100% sold on SF yet. Let's see where we are in December. A lot can change in a month.

If we had beaten the Jets, I would have more faith in the team. The Jets loss had me thinking. This team at its worst is worse than the 0-4 Jets. That's really bad. It also made me realize that an injury to anyone on this team causes this team to tumble and fail, almost as if they can't adjust to not having a player like the Chiefs or the Saints. Finally, it made me realize how bad our coaching is. Richard and Rod consistently putting in players that get burned, not discipling their defensive players for letting big plays be made, Jason Garrett not disciplining the team, not adjusting, no game planning, no scheming. I could go on and on with the problems here.
Talent wise, are we good enough to beat NO, GB, and LAR? Yes. Will we be mentally prepared for that game by not only the coaches, but the players themselves? Likely no, if you pay attention to the history of this team. It's just the way things are with this team.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?

not the superbowl, and that is all that matters

stiletto

Reaction score
8-8 - it's a Garrett coached team against good competition the rest of the way. Anything better than 8-8 will be a surprise to me.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the a

rgument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

I agree with the above only exception being the Bears as they might be out of it by then and not caring.

Once again our offense will be anemic and Field goals galore while our defense will hang in there for the 1st half but due to being on the field all day will succumb.
Stop Zeke win the game this is the formula we need to solve in order to make the playoffs!!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
8-8 - it's a Garrett coached team against good competition the rest of the way. Anything better than 8-8 will be a surprise to me.

you know it's been 5 years since we went 8-8 right? Since then we have 1 losing season. Why would we all of a sudden go back to that?

ryanbabs

Reaction score

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Wow this is depressing. That wasn’t a 6-10 that smacked the Eagles last week but then again that wasn’t a 12-4 team that lost to the Jets. We will be somewhere in between, probably 9-7 or 10-6.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
We already had our losing streak, it ended a week ago. There is no way this team is going on a 7 game losing streak to end the season. Too much talent. If that happens, blow up the entire team.

Why is it so unbelievable? There is "no way this team goes on a 7 game lose streak" but there was also "no way we lose to the jets" and it happened. Blowing up the entire team is not necessary, but blowing up the coaching staff? absolutely necessary.

phildadon86

Reaction score

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Go cheer for another team.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We already had our losing streak, it ended a week ago. There is no way this team is going on a 7 game losing streak to end the season. Too much talent. If that happens, blow up the entire team.

And there was absolutely no way we would lose to the Jets. Remember that thread? Remember those discussions?

"This team" lost 3 in a row, one of those teams has 1 win....and that's against us. If we can lose to the Jets, we can lost to anyone. So yeah, all those 7 losses are probable.

But the losing streak here doesn't really matter all that much. If we go 1-3 over the next 4 games and then 1-3 again after that - it's not a "losing streak", but we still wouldn't be in a good place. The loss to the Jets shows we have no good reason to be confident week to week. We lost to a bottom 3 team.

Losing the vast majority of the remaining games is not some stretch - especially since our schedule is quite brutal.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
You really think it's unheard of for a team to go on a losing streak?

You really think it's unheard of for a bad team to go on a winning streak?

Anything could happen. Argue about two sides of a found, but if you look at it from any angle..there's 360 sides.

Folks will argue any way you spin it. Literally any way possible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I think that is the worst case scenario prediction. As long as the Oline and cooper stays healthy, I don't see that happening.

I see 10 wins as the most wins.

I will go with 9-7.