Realistically, what record do you see the Cowboys finishing this season?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Bills have only 2 losses with one coming this week. They aren't average man.

Do you know who they've beaten? Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Bengals and Titans. Combined record of those teams, after deducting the Bills' win over them?

7-26, and the Titans have 4 of those wins, other than the Titans their opponents are 3-23.

They lost the the 4-4 Eagles, that we blew out by 27 pts, 31-13. Sure the Pats' loss was close but that was a division game that they put a max effort into, but still lost, can't pick out one close loss and say they're a pretty good team.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe Bennett sparks a defensive renaissance and we consistently get 4 turnovers per game. Maybe not.

Maybe the QB and the offense go on a 40 point scoring spree and nobody keeps up. Maybe not.

Maybe we get hit with a wave of key injuries and totally fall flat. Or maybe the opponents have the same string of bad luck. Maybe not.

My guess is 10-6, probably one and done in the playoffs. With the way things go, we'll actually smoke the Pats, Vikes and Eagles but drop one to Washington and Lions. Just par for the JG course at this point.

JayFord

Reaction score
9-7

were going to win 2 games against teams that are strong SB contenders snd drop games against teams that are either on our level or a little below

Carson

Reaction score
9-7

were going to win 2 games against teams that are strong SB contenders snd drop games against teams that are either on our level or a little below

It looks like 9-7 could get it done in the East.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I’m sticking with 11-5 as the ceiling.
9-7 or 10-6 is probably most realistic and the floor is 7-9

phildadon86

Reaction score
So everyone here that agrees that this team is going 7-9 or 9-7 at best is a troll too? I fail to understand your reasoning. I'm not "trolling", I'm looking for answers. Reasons to believe in this team.

Just curious, you never answered my question. How do you see this team finishing?
I see 3 more losses this season. You see us not winning another game pretty much. Enjoy that negativity. Must make for really boring sundays. Why even watch?

Verdict

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?

You need to go see a doctor and get something for your anxiety. If I had your outlook I would be afraid to go outside without backup.

Verdict

Reaction score
NYG = W
Minn = W
Lions = W
NE = L
Bills = W
Bears = W
Rams = W
Eagles = L
Wash = W

11-5 Division win.

Wins and losses often have no rational basis. We could easily lose to the Jets and beat the Patriots. I’m actually counting the Patriots as a win if the refs don’t bend us over.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree, but Callahan has the Commanders playing pretty good, and I'm sure he won't be tanking because he wants (and deserves) the job.
The Commanders will not be a pushover for anyone.

The Commanders will have a hard time winning games unless they get Guice back and he is 100 percent. That team doesn’t have a lot of talent on offense.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Wins and losses often have no rational basis. We could easily lose to the Jets and beat the Patriots. I’m actually counting the Patriots as a win if the refs don’t bend us over.
Hahaha..
Giving the Thread creator grief and saying he needs to a Dr. about anxiety. Then, you come up with this gem here. Beat the Pats.. Laughable. I am all for any given Sundays, but, that Pats team is a machine and Dallas isn't in that league.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
you know it's been 5 years since we went 8-8 right? Since then we have 1 losing season. Why would we all of a sudden go back to that?
For the same reason we lost 3 in a row that we shouldn't have? I can legitimately say maybe one of those games was a legit loss but to lose all 3 like that back to back?
Personally, I think 8-8 or 9-7 at the very best...

gmoney112

Reaction score
9-7 or 10-6

8-8 or worse only if we suffer some big injuries, because we suck at overcoming them.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You need to go see a doctor and get something for your anxiety. If I had your outlook I would be afraid to go outside without backup.

Funny that you imply that I need to see a doctor when you truly believe our team will not only take on the Patriots and win, but Garrett will outcoach Belichick. I would be scared if were you as well due to you seeing and believing in delusions.

leeblair

Reaction score
The Commanders will have a hard time winning games unless they get Guice back and he is 100 percent. That team doesn’t have a lot of talent on offense.
They finally have a franchise quarterback in Case Keenum-if he can stay healthy.
He makes them dangerous if their defense improves.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?

my thoughts are that you’re an idiot