Realistically, what record do you see the Cowboys finishing this season?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bills have only 2 losses with one coming this week. They aren't average man. They are most likely going to be playoff teams, and the other 2 will be fighting for a spot.
I keep seeing people jumping on the Bills bandwagon claiming their playoff team....they are good....on and on.

They beat: Jets, Giants, Bengals, Titans and Dolphins.

They lost: Pats and Eagles.

Still buying them as a good team???

mrmojo

Reaction score
9 and 7, even if win division they will probably play the first weekend of playoffs. I see one and done and no NFC Championship game again.

smitty313

Reaction score
I keep seeing people jumping on the Bills bandwagon claiming their playoff team....they are good....on and on.

They beat: Jets, Giants, Bengals, Titans and Dolphins.

They lost: Pats and Eagles.

Still buying them as a good team???
Umm we lost to the Jets

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s probably good enough for Jerry. Another “moral victory” coupled with winning at the cash register.

Yep.

source.gif

RoboQB

Reaction score
"Realistically".

Dallas defeats Washington 16-15 in week 17 to finish out the season
with a record of 5-3-8 and are crowned as the NFC East Division Champs... lol

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Only one team is coming out of the East. Division is going to come down to the second Eagles / Boys game. Any realistic Eagles fan knows that Dallas has a better roster so they are going to have to steal that game. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening.
Cowboys win the division at 10-6 or 9-7.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think that is the worst case scenario prediction. As long as the Oline and cooper stays healthy, I don't see that happening.

I see 10 wins as the most wins.

I will go with 9-7.
300 pound guys with bad backs and skill players with ankle/thigh injuries tend to be recurrent. I'd expect a few games missed here and there, and we know how well this team and coaching staff adapts to injuries. I see 8-8 as likely with +/- a win based on whether Garrett holds the reigns or let's then go.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As the old saying goes about apples, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole damn bunch. That's how I feel about Michael Bennett being added to the roster. With him on the team, I really don't care about the team anymore. Screw the record at the end f the season. Some things are bigger than football and one of them is not promoting the career of a sorry SOB like Bennett.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
10-6, but the record really means absolutely nothing as long as we win the division.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?

It is impossible to gauge this team. Week to week as to whether they show up or not. 6-10 just as likely as 11-5.

What is true is that they have zero chance to make a playoff run.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

AmariChill- z
leeblair- y
PAPPYDOG- x

**z- denotes Clinch Troll of the Week, HFA**

**y- denotes clinch idiot of the Week playoff berth

**x- denotes clinch clueless but well-meaning**

CPanther95

Reaction score
5 of the next 9 games will be upsets.

Can't predict their record until I know which ones.

jsb357

Reaction score
no matter if backing into the playoffs or winning out
if there is no appearance in the NFC title game by Dallas
in the 2019 playoffs, Garrett should be / will be / must be gone.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys are starting to pay attention: 10-5
Giants W
Vikes L
Lions W
Pats L
Da Bears W
Rams W
Iggles W
Skins W

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Realistically, I'm going to go with what someone else posted earlier. Anywhere between 9-7 and 7-9. Too many inconsistencies this year to be any better then 9-7.