Realistically, what record do you see the Cowboys finishing this season?

catiii

Reaction score
They're a choppy table and a card table when things are easy - their legs fold LOL and they lose.. '
Based on that inconsistency, and their stunning losses already against teams they
should've beaten, including to the Jets, realistically speaking, from an odds perspective,
I would say 3 more wins.
So, 7-9 unless you factor in the "it" factor showing up from a huge individual effort by someone
(most likely Dak or Maher!!!) in a particularly memorable game which would make us 8-8, the JG comfort zone. :grin:
Add an awesome event from each of them in 2 games ya get 9-7. Will that win? Naaaa.
Because they're choppy, no way I would bet on which teams they will win or lose to.
So my guess is somewhere between 7-9 to 9-7..

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hard to tell. 8-10 wins maybe. I want to see what happens vs the trash giants then a good team or two after that.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't decide if I think OP is an Cowboy fan or a guy posing as a Cowboy fan. But I think this looks like a 10-6 team. That Jets game might come back to haunt us if we don't steal one to offset it somewhere along the line, though. Which would suck, because we've got a really good roster this year and will have a lot of holes to fill next year.

Praxit

Reaction score
.......for what its worth, Dallas can only afford 2 more losses. Philly has the easier schedule, so will likely be dog fight till the end. Bennett could be that blessing in disguise. In terms of leadership, veteran-ship and player.

CWR

Reaction score
Im holding to my prediction before the season started.
12-4.
NFC EAST CHAMPS.
NFC CHAMPS.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS.
:flagwave:GO COWBOYS:flagwave:

Ima hold my 11-5 prediction as well, with a trip to the NFC championship game.

dfense

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?
My thought is you are quickly becoming the head pessimist of posts.

I'm pretty sure you picked Philly by double digits a couple weeks ago, right? I guess they were "mentally and physically" ready for that.

All Cowboys will have to do against the Bills is spy Allen with Jaylon. That's their offense. W.

Chicago will bench Trubiski by the time they meet. Their running game is weak. Defense is good but not like it was last year. W.

Giants, Skins, Eagirls, have not beaten the Cowboys wherever they play in 2 years.
W.W.W.

And I think worse case scenerio, they lose 3 of 4 against Pats, Vikes, Lions and Rams. Probably go .500.

Conservatively 10-6

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
We may not win the division at 10-6.

The Eagles pay the Giants x2, the Skins and the Dolphins which is four easy wins. So that gets them to 8 wins now. You have them beating us which means they are now at 9 wins. That means they only have to win one of these games - Seahawks, NE and Bears. They will probably beat the Bears who stink right now. So that's 10 wins.

If we both finish with 10 wins and split our head to head, then you go to record in comparable games, which I believe, would be the same. Then you go to conference record, which again, would be the same. Then it comes to strength of wins. Cowboys might have a problem there as the Eagles would have more quality wins than we did having beaten a Packers team that might be a 2 seed in the NFC, for example.
Got his pom poms back. The Eagles stink right now and got beat by Dallas by 4 touchdowns.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
My thought is you are quickly becoming the head pessimist of posts.

I'm pretty sure you picked Philly by double digits a couple weeks ago, right? I guess they were "mentally and physically" ready for that.

All Cowboys will have to do against the Bills is spy Allen with Jaylon. That's their offense. W.

Chicago will bench Trubiski by the time they meet. Their running game is weak. Defense is good but not like it was last year. W.

Giants, Skins, Eagirls, have not beaten the Cowboys wherever they play in 2 years.
W.W.W.

And I think worse case scenerio, they lose 3 of 4 against Pats, Vikes, Lions and Rams. Probably go .500.

Conservatively 10-6

Hey. I’m not the only one that picked the Iggles to win by double digits. I saw some people saying 42-12 Philly.

Also, many people on this thread are in agreement that we could go anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. I’m not the head of pessimistic posts, but I’m trying to see where this fan base is at as a whole.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We may not win the division at 10-6.

The Eagles pay the Giants x2, the Skins and the Dolphins which is four easy wins. So that gets them to 8 wins now. You have them beating us which means they are now at 9 wins. That means they only have to win one of these games - Seahawks, NE and Bears. They will probably beat the Bears who stink right now. So that's 10 wins.

If we both finish with 10 wins and split our head to head, then you go to record in comparable games, which I believe, would be the same. Then you go to conference record, which again, would be the same. Then it comes to strength of wins. Cowboys might have a problem there as the Eagles would have more quality wins than we did having beaten a Packers team that might be a 2 seed in the NFC, for example.

Actually, under the breakdown he just gave. If that’s how the cowboys wins/losses broke down.

The cowboys would have the better conference record. Because the cowboys would have 2 AFC losses. The jets and patriots.

The eagles would realistically only have 1 AFC loss. To the patriots. Since they beat jets and bills already. Unless one of the eagles 6 losses would be an upset loss to Miami.

If the eagles had the better afc record, then that’s means they would have to have one more conference loss than the cowboys.

But, realistically. The cowboys are going to have to beat the eagles in the second game, to win the division. Which won’t be easy. But they are certainly capable of doing so.

smitty313

Reaction score
So, if we had beaten the Jets then you'd have us at 7-9?

The rest of the season:
NYG = W
Minn = W
Lions = W
NE = L
Bills = W
Bears = W
Rams = L
Eagles = L
Wash = W

10-6, win the East and win a WC game. I do think we are good enough to beat NO, GB and LAR. Probably should have notched wins against NO and GB already, but we all know that didn't happen. I'm still not 100% sold on SF yet. Let's see where we are in December. A lot can change in a month.

I'd say 9-7 or 10-6, and yes we have the talent to beat any of those 3. However coaching will make it a loss