Realistically, what record do you see the Cowboys finishing this season?

JReed1000

Reaction score
One things the Cowboys do every year is have a signature win...that hasn't happened yet this year so im calling it...we will either beat the Patriots or the Rams....This team will end up at 10-6 or 11-5.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
9-7 will get us in if we beat philly again.

otherwise I think it will take 10-6 to get to the dance.

CoachD

Reaction score
11-5 is a really good season but nothing worse than 10-6 and either way that should be enough to win the division!

CoachD

Reaction score
NYG = W
Minn = W
Lions = W
NE = L
Bills = W
Bears = W
Rams = W
Eagles = L
Wash = W

11-5 Division win.

This is pretty good but I would flip flop the Eagles and Rams game. Dak OWNS the NFC East!

CoachD

Reaction score
We lost to the Jets and this place thinks we can't lose to a team like the Bears. LOL unreal. The short term memory is like a week here.

Very true Matt but when the Cowboys are healthy they're tough to beat!

romonumberone

Reaction score
9-7. 1-1 in the playoffs. Sticking with my prediction from the start of the season. Thought they would lose to the Packers & Saints... and lose 1 of 3 to the Giants, Commanders, or Jets. Had the Dolphins as a win.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we carry the momentum of the Eagles destruction. I think we go up in New England and kick their ***.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was also suggesting tanking a couple of weeks ago.......how anyone can take him seriously is beyond me.
Only cowards tank. It drives me crazy when people say Let's Lose on purpose. What a great culture that sets in the locker room.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
300 pound guys with bad backs and skill players with ankle/thigh injuries tend to be recurrent. I'd expect a few games missed here and there, and we know how well this team and coaching staff adapts to injuries. I see 8-8 as likely with +/- a win based on whether Garrett holds the reigns or let's then go.

IF the Oline misses one or two of its guys for half those games then its a possibility.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Meanwhile in San Francisco they rebuilt in less than 4 years and we are stuck with a jag owner,gm and coach

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?

the defense is our biggest problem.

EVERYONE knows our scheme. It’s simple.

8-8.

2nd place finish NFCE.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I am an optimistic realist if there is such a thing o_O 11-5 if we beat the Giants coming off the bye. That will supercharge us.