Reality with Daks contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's what teams do on a rebuild. Thru trade their star players. Our run D sucked. But our offense had trouble scoring against better teams. You can't just say our offense is great because we put up 200 points on Washington and Philly.

Our offense didnt have trouble scoring against good teams. They scored against some very good teams.

Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat and thats what we did. Now the better defenses will hold you down, but thats why they are good defenses.

Really it was a tail of 2 seasons. First half we could score against anyone. Once the Oline went into the toilet they were inconsistent, but still had some great weeks.

Run D is still a big issue.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I fail to see the great debate about Dak Prescotts ability. He is very good (top 3rd of league) but not elite. He is not going to be able to overcome massive mistakes by his teammates on his own. Some can, not him.

The important part is understanding that we can't just snap our fingers and find a guy like that.

IMO he needs a strong run game. If they try to continue to rely on him as a pocket passer they will likely fall short.
Exactly...
Some hate him but have no other options they can think of. They just want betterm to your point he is not elite and all these pundits complain about him not being elite as if you can dial 1-800-EliteQB and just get one.

Even these pundits agree he is in the 10-15 range. Which is fine. I want better. I want a Superbowl. I know we have many needs. So do we go down this path and build a stronger team or do we destroy everything and rebuild.

But doesn't mean we can't win with him, but again to your point he needs the right team.around him.

Should we draft one? Perhaps. But there are so many needs and so many picks. Or do we throw it all out bottom out and rebuild as I mentioned above

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Stats and skills are not the same things. One does not validate the other.

There are much more skills QBs than Dak that don't put up the same numbers as Dak.

Maybe they aren't down by 4 TDs going into the fourth quarter and throw a couple meaningless TDs? Maybe they don't play and throw 5 TD passes against the Eagles practice squad in the last game of the season? Maybe they don't have a pass happy coordinator that refuses to utilize the run game?

I'll say it again. Stats do not equal skills.
Well, so let me ask. Dak as the QB of the team and with teams he has had had not had a losing season except in 2020 and that was because of injury he sustained.

So how many games down by 4 tds, how many meaningless tds, what is meaningless? And how many tds leading into 4th quarter and how many meaningful tds winning the game in the 4th quarter.

Your statement makes it sound as if that's all he does. So clarify...but I am fairly sure you won't.

And btw, given you often measure in silos, how does it compare to other QBs....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My favorite is when they try and say they've been a Cowboys fan for (insert a lot of years here) to try and convince people that they aren't Dak fans more than they're Cowboys fans.

Maybe they've always had a player they value over the team and Dak is just the next one?

When you say you're okay with getting someone equal as talented as Dak then I have to question if you really actually care about winning. Why would anybody not want better?
So to balance things out with the finger point accusations.

Some, perhaps you too are Dak haters. They rather see cowboys lose so they. can hate on dak than see the team win and give Dak any credit. In fact there are a few of those. They are not cowboys fans for (insert number of years) they are just Dak haters.

And nah this is not whataboutism...it's true!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I put meaningful stats along with wins as a pretty good indicator of the QB. You schooling me? lol, I think not jr.
Essentially Dak lacks the skills but he has bunch of stats. Oh btw he is the only QB in NFL history that has done that and there are a lot of QBs who have skills but no stats...it's called a spin so I can win an argument.

But I am with you. Dak doesn't have elite skills. But ****** I am going to pout, complain and criticize until we get one and I don't know how to get one...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, so let me ask. Dak as the QB of the team and with teams he has had had not had a losing season except in 2020 and that was because of injury he sustained.

So how many games down by 4 tds, how many meaningless tds, what is meaningless? And how many tds leading into 4th quarter and how many meaningful tds winning the game in the 4th quarter.

Your statement makes it sound as if that's all he does. So clarify...but I am fairly sure you won't.

And btw, given you often measure in silos, how does it compare to other QBs....
So, you're really going to hop on the "stats=skills" hill, huh? Not smart at all.

I'm not looking all this stuff for you. If you don't like what I said then you post the numbers and prove me wrong. Otherwise, pipe down.

My statement sounds like that because you want it to sound like that. @PAPPYDOG says you Dak homers have tunnel vision and I'm starting to see exactly what he means by that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes.

It's time to take the position seriously.
I am not opposed, but about 4 out of 5 first round QBs fail than succeed and normally it takes several years to discover that. It's not a gauartee. So drafting a first rounder means you ignore other positions of need and pass on other type talent. Which means the team is not getting better and will get worse. So, wouldn't it be better to tank, get higher pick and improve chance of getting the right QB?

Again there is a high probability to rinse and repeat every several years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So, you're really going to hop on the "stats=skills" hill, huh? Not smart at all.

I'm not looking all this stuff for you. If you don't like what I said then you post the numbers and prove me wrong. Otherwise, pipe down.

My statement sounds like that because you want it to sound like that. @PAPPYDOG says you Dak homers have tunnel vision and I'm starting to see exactly what he means by that.
I simply asked a question on the spin you started...you made a generalization, and I ask for details and clarification...

And you notice I didn't say he has or does not have skills or if you are right or wrong. But if you can't provide some facts and your eye test and personal knowledge is the source then it's no different than a pile of bullshiet.

Once again you got your shorts tied in a knot. Got emotional and threw a tantrum and asking for your buddy for help.....Why am I not surprised. Typical....predictable. fully expected. With you it's always the same wash, rinse, repeat.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Essentially Dak lacks the skills but he has bunch of stats. Oh btw he is the only QB in NFL history that has done that and there are a lot of QBs who have skills but no stats...it's called a spin so I can win an argument.

But I am with you. Dak doesn't have elite skills. But ****** I am going to pout, complain and criticize until we get one and I don't know how to get one...

I agree, he is not elite but is a quality QB. What I do find interesting is this notion that some QB do not need talent around them, as great as Brady has been he has had quality teams around him including Tampa Bay including defense that held Mahomes to 9 points in the game. Rodgers has been 4 time MVP yet only has 1 SB from 2010. Even the top QB in this league need teams around them to have a chance at winning it all. You show me a SB winning QB and I will show you HOF players on that team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our offense didnt have trouble scoring against good teams. They scored against some very good teams.

Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat and thats what we did. Now the better defenses will hold you down, but thats why they are good defenses.

Really it was a tail of 2 seasons. First half we could score against anyone. Once the Oline went into the toilet they were inconsistent, but still had some great weeks.

Run D is still a big issue.
:muttley:

You really can't blame them Dak lovers as.......:muttley:

reaction-big-eyes.gif

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So to balance things out with the finger point accusations.

Some, perhaps you too are Dak haters. They rather see cowboys lose so they. can hate on dak than see the team win and give Dak any credit. In fact there are a few of those. They are not cowboys fans for (insert number of years) they are just Dak haters.

And nah this is not whataboutism...it's true!
Honestly, the more I think about it the more it seem the Cowboys losing with Dak would be best case scenario for this team to get better and get over the hump.

It would (hopefully) avoid Dak getting signed to an extension so we can move on from the bum and we'd have much better draft position to both draft a 1st round talent at QB while also filling out needs with top level talent out of college.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I simply asked a question on the spin you started...you made a generalization, and I ask for details and clarification...

Once again you got your shorts tied in a knot. Why am I not surprised. Typical....predictable. fully expected.
You asked me to do things for you.

You can look all that stuff up if you want and we'll discuss it, but I'm not looking it up for you.

You're saying I'm wrong. The burden of proof lies with you to prove me wrong.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm:

Now you are just instigating.

So who do you have in mind?

A nice rookie stud QB like Burrows,Herbert,Allen etc etc.........
Where are you going with glue factory Dak with 1 playoff win on his resume????
See how the Bengals became contenders with a New QB?
Nah you don't like those happenings.....I wonder why??????????????????????????

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Honestly, the more I think about it the more it seem the Cowboys losing with Dak would be best case scenario for this team to get better and get over the hump.

It would (hopefully) avoid Dak getting signed to an extension so we can move on from the bum and we'd have much better draft position to both draft a 1st round talent at QB while also filling out needs with top level talent out of college.
So you rather team lose and not find success?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They're going to say "BUT THOSE GUYS AREN'T EASY TO FIND!!!!"

Which is true, but you're also never going to find them unless you try.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You asked me to do things for you.

You can look all that stuff up if you want and we'll discuss it, but I'm not looking it up for you.

You're saying I'm wrong. The burden of proof lies with you to prove me wrong.
I didn't ask for you to do anything for me. I didn't say you are wrong. I asked you to support your statement with facts. Otherwise it's no different than a pile of bullshiet. Everybody is allowed to bullshiet. But it is what it is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Ok. Let's get a burrow ( first over all pick) let's get a Herbert the 10th over all pick. I am 100% agreement. But also there is a chance to get baker Mayfield the first over all pick or a Justin fields or tua or Daniel Jones or Sam darnild or turbiskey...4 out of 5 fail. So if you don't mind going through the cycle then let's tank.