Reality with Daks contract

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do want to see this team win and yes I think Dak can help them achieve just that. As I said I think there are a group of QB in the league each very capable of winning but it takes more than just a QB.
They only have issues with our QB . They must think the rest of our organization from top to bottom is Super Bowl ready. Lol

No red flags here:)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I do want to see this team win and yes I think Dak can help them achieve just that. As I said I think there are a group of QB in the league each very capable of winning but it takes more than just a QB.
I'm just confused as to why you said you'd be happy with if QB that replaces QB Dak is just as good.

Why would you not want and expect better?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm just confused as to why you said you'd be happy with if QB that replaces QB Dak is just as good.

Why would you not want and expect better?

Because I think Dak is a quality QB and know how hard it is to find a QB so yes I hope to find one as good or better. Hell if we could get a QB that could leads us to a SB every year I will sign up for him but there is no such QB, because it is about team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because I think Dak is a quality QB and know how hard it is to find a QB so yes I hope to find one as good or better. Hell if we could get a QB that could leads us to a SB every year I will sign up for him but there is no such QB, because it is about team.
Weird thinking, but okay.

I always want better than bums that can't get it done, but to each their own I suppose.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Weird thinking, but okay.

I always want better than bums that can't get it done, but to each their own I suppose.

You are under the impression he is bum, I don't. On one hand you will say it is about team and on the other it is all about QB. If anyone claims Dak wins a game you start your it about team, but when the team loses it is Dak?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Do I bring him back? No.

Does Jerry bring him back? Of course.
Yep, he even wanted to bring Garrett back, but knew he couldn't get away with it. It ran its course.

If Dak gets them INTO a SB in the next two years, completely moot point.....he will be extended.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You are under the impression he is bum, I don't. On one hand you will say it is about team and on the other it is all about QB. If anyone claims Dak wins a game you start your it about team, but when the team loses it is Dak?
What are you talking about? I'm not talking about W/L. I'm taking about skills. Stop trying to change the goalposts and take things off topic.

I always want players better than guys that can't get it done. That goes for any position. I'm never hoping to replace someone with equal talent. I'm hoping to replace them with better talent.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I fail to see the great debate about Dak Prescotts ability. He is very good (top 3rd of league) but not elite. He is not going to be able to overcome massive mistakes by his teammates on his own. Some can, not him.

The important part is understanding that we can't just snap our fingers and find a guy like that.

IMO he needs a strong run game. If they try to continue to rely on him as a pocket passer they will likely fall short.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yep, he even wanted to bring Garrett back, but knew he couldn't get away with it. It ran its course.

If Dak gets them INTO a SB in the next two years, completely moot point.....he will be extended.
And I'd be fine with an extension at that point.

I see us missing the playoffs the next 2 years before I see us even getting to the conference championship, let alone the Super Bowl.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope who ever takes on the QB spot after Dak is as good or better than Dak. My interest is seeing this team win to see quality players added to this team. You don't know **** about any of us, you throw your crap out there as if we are all the same or think the same. You don't know a damn thing. Just a loud mouth.,

Trust me on this one.......It will be very easy to accomplish the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I'm not talking about W/L. I'm taking about skills. Stop trying to change the goalposts and take things off topic.

I always want players better than guys that can't get it done. That goes for any position. I'm never hoping to replace someone with equal talent. I'm hoping to replace them with better talent.

Skill wise Dak ranks within the top QB in the league, I point to the fact that in most every category he ranks top 7 to 5 QB but you blow that off so evidently it is not wins and it is not stats it is some kind of made up crap.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Skill wise Dak ranks within the top QB in the league, I point to the fact that in most every category he ranks top 7 to 5 QB but you blow that off so evidently it is not wins and it is not stats it is some kind of made up crap.
Stats and skills are not the same things. One does not validate the other.

There are much more skills QBs than Dak that don't put up the same numbers as Dak.

Maybe they aren't down by 4 TDs going into the fourth quarter and throw a couple meaningless TDs? Maybe they don't play and throw 5 TD passes against the Eagles practice squad in the last game of the season? Maybe they don't have a pass happy coordinator that refuses to utilize the run game?

I'll say it again. Stats do not equal skills.

fivetwos

Reaction score
And I'd be fine with an extension at that point.

I see us missing the playoffs the next 2 years before I see us even getting to the conference championship, let alone the Super Bowl.
That could be, but also could not be.

It's not like there's no chance at all, and the big knock on him is not advancing deep into the playoffs, but if he does that, then.....

I honestly see Dak having more team success later in his career when his team is designed to be less reliant on him as a pure pocket passer. That's what he needs and I'm convinced of it. It may not be here.

There's two ways for the team to play this and I'm fairly confident which route they are going to take....and it's not the one that I would. I'd be ahead of it with a high pick fairly soon...and thats not a knock on Prescott, it's just good business to not back yourself into a corner. That happened last time and they got murdered on the contract.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak first and then the Cowboys........go figure out that logic????:huh:
Guess that 1 playoff win in 6 seasons got them crazy.........
My favorite is when they try and say they've been a Cowboys fan for (insert a lot of years here) to try and convince people that they aren't Dak fans more than they're Cowboys fans.

Maybe they've always had a player they value over the team and Dak is just the next one?

When you say you're okay with getting someone equal as talented as Dak then I have to question if you really actually care about winning. Why would anybody not want better?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That could be, but also could not be.

It's not like there's no chance at all, and the big knock on him is not advancing deep into the playoffs, but if he does that, then.....

I honestly see Dak having more team success later in his career when his team is designed to be less reliant on him as a pure pocket passer. That's what he needs and I'm convinced of it. It may not be here.

There's two ways for the team to play this and I'm fairly confident which route they are going to take....and it's not the one that I would. I'd be ahead of it with a high pick fairly soon...and thats not a knock on Prescott, it's just good business to not back yourself into a corner. That happened last time and they got murdered on the contract.
I'm with ya on that route 100%.

There's nothing wrong with taking the most important position on the team seriously.