Reality with Daks contract

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The point is that you are acting like it was because Smith was old so I provided examples of teams doing it with young guys to.

Those teams are making an effort to get better at the most important position while we waste away with 4th round/undrafted talent at it.

You gotta keep up. It's not complicated.

You throw out the Browns? You talking Deshawn Watson? You would be whining your butt off had Dallas had the money to Watson got after missing an entire season and giving up 3 1st rd picks? That is plain *** stupid what Cleveland did.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You throw out the Browns? You talking Deshawn Watson? You would be whining your butt off had Dallas had the money to Watson got after missing an entire season and giving up 3 1st rd picks? That is plain *** stupid what Cleveland did.
If they go to the Super Bowl you won't be calling it stupid.

Or maybe you will, who knows?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If they go to the Super Bowl you won't be calling it stupid.

Or maybe you will, who knows?

It was a stupid move, hell they do not even know if he will play this season as the league will come down with some punishment. You give up 3 1st rd pick and for what a QB who has won 1 playoff game?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It was a stupid move, hell they do not even know if he will play this season as the league will come down with some punishment. You give up 3 1st rd pick and for what a QB who has won 1 playoff game?
The Texans won 1 playoff game with Watson.

W/L is not a QB stat.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak is the QB of my favorite team.

Why would I whine about Watson?

You throw Watson name out as some grand gesture when the fact is it was Stupid move. Then again Cleveland is known for stupid, it has been a grave yard for QB for years.

Flamma

Reaction score
So you think Daks calf injury was fake?

No. Just the excuses after the fact. I could have sworn he got that calf injury this season against the Patriots. Yet our 2019 season was eerily similar to this one, where we beat up on the crap teams and got off to slow starts against the better ones.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. Just the excuses after the fact. I could have sworn he got that calf injury this season against the Patriots. Yet our 2019 season was eerily similar to this one, where we beat up on the crap teams and got off to slow starts against the better ones.
So an injury to Elliott is ok for an explanation but not an injury to Prescott?

Flamma

Reaction score
So an injury to Elliott is ok for an explanation but not an injury to Prescott?

I can clearly see Elliott was injured. Didn't see it with Dak. If you're injured and it's not apparent, you probably shouldn't be playing. It makes it look like an excuse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can clearly see Elliott was injured. Didn't see it with Dak. If you're injured and it's not apparent, you probably shouldn't be playing. It makes it look like an excuse.
Oh I get it. You weren’t there in practice so you don’t believe the medical reports . You’re suggesting the Cowboys fabricated his Calf sprain . Ok then . Lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh I get it. You weren’t there in practice so you don’t believe the medical reports . You’re suggesting the Cowboys fabricated his Calf sprain . Ok then . Lol

I don't believe the Cowboys did poorly down the stretch because of it. Not like it hasn't happened before.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't believe the Cowboys did poorly down the stretch because of it. Not like it hasn't happened before.
You're not going to get anywhere with these Dak homers.

The injury is an excuse. Dak himself don't even use it and said it was no issue.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see you asked for whatever response you get. He may be a Zeke troll and likes dak more than you but you cant let sleeping dogs lie either.
He has me on ignore. Thanks for quoting me so he'll see it! Bring it on.

I'm trying to apply consistent logic and reason. How can Dak suffer from an "o-line went into the toilet".....but not Zeke. Doesn't add up.

Couple seasons ago...He was telling me how bad zeke sucks and was only rushing champ because number of carries. I should him E. Smith number of carries and he dropped me right then and there. Good times.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but if you don’t want to accept that these injuries to Elliott and Prescott could have been a factor then I’d suggest it’s not a fair analysis .

The degree of effect is possibly a better argument but to say it had no effect at all is shortsighted .

Flamma

Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but if you don’t want to accept that these injuries to Elliott and Prescott could have been a factor then I’d suggest it’s not a fair analysis .

The degree of effect is possibly a better argument but to say it had no effect at all is shortsighted .

I can clearly see Zeke plodding around out there. Looked like he was 40. I didn't notice any injury to Dak after Minnesota. I've seen play like that from him in the past.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can clearly see Zeke plodding around out there. Looked like he was 40. I didn't notice any injury to Dak after Minnesota. I've seen play like that from him in the past.
Again, your stance is based on what you saw not what was reported .

I’m assuming if you hadn’t visibly noticed Elliotts you might have denounced it as well.

And what about Pollards injury? Any impact to our offense . And our 2 OL who helped us lead league in holding calls . Any impact on our offense .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ya know,

Paxton Lynch might have turned out just fine on the Cowboys team.

Getting to start your career with three 1st team all-pro linemen, 1st team all pro RB, a HOF TE, and a Pro Bowl WR .... I mean, can you name any rookie QB in the history of the NFL that got THAT much help from jump street? And I'm dead serious too. I can't think of a single rookie QB that's ever started their career with that much talent around them.
I seriously doubt it. That's wishful thinking. Lynch was what Lynch was which was not good.

Stafford played on a limited team and no one ever doubted his talents. Burrow played behind a limited line and no one doubts his talent. Wilson lost all the offensive talent around him and no one doubts his talent.

Lynch would have been a worse version of Dak. If he had any level of talent he would be playing some where even as a backup. Lynch sucked.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They're all excuses. Where is the evidence of this? The Cowboys beat the trash teams in the first and second half of the season. How is it that injuries and OL issues stopped us against Denver, but then we go on to beat Atlanta 43-3? Then the injuries and OL issues show up again the following week against the Chiefs? Then the injuries are a non factor when we again play our division?

What was so great about the first half of the season? That we beat the Chargers, Panthers, Giants, Eagles, Vikings and Patriots? What was so impressive? We EEKED out 3 of them. Nothing impressive about it. We stomped the bums, and won nail biters against the other 3, two of which weren't even playoff teams. In the 2nd half we did the same thing, just didn't get lucky against the better teams.
So wins against good teams don't matter because we eeked out wins. It has to be a dominant trashing else it doesn't count. Because God knows all these other teams just trash and dominate good teams in their wins...ala Tampa beating and trashing cowboys....oh, wait....