Really liked what I saw from Kelvin Joseph

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have been drafting well of late but I believe this year had Quinn's stamp all over it . . . i am sure he put a grocery list in
UMM Diggs, Tank, Greogry, Gallimore, brown, Lewis, and many others , NOT Quinn . I get his effect on how to use these guys is great but lets not put all this on DQ. MM is part of this and so is Jerry and Mcclay.

point is it takes time to build something special and it began 3 years ago, and they been reworking the defense for a while now.. and its starting to pay off.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah if you don't count hands.. LOL! He dropped a pretty easy pick last night.. Diggs hands' are clearly that of a receiver.. KJ has DB hands..

and lamb again dropped an easy catch and so did coop. And?? our wrs who are supposed to be better at catching are dropping far too many balls..

lamb needs to look the ball in . hes got run and big plays in his mind every play and its driving me crazy. that 1st drive of the game and 2nd half ended over drops that would have easily extended drives. yes even in blowout i won't let that go, will cost us like Crayton in the playoff game in 07..just can't have that keep happening.

a cb gest pass because that not their #1 skillset to catch, its to defend, bonus to catch but they aren't expecting it like a WR is..

visionary

Reaction score
Good game for Joseph
Guy has the talent just needs playing time
Hopefully next 2 games give him some opportunity so we know what we have for next year and don’t have to sorbs a high pick at CB

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
So you admit to not watching, which is what i said, but call me out for assuming.......
Please feel free to show me where I said I didn't watch the game. All I said was I keyed in on the front 7. I did catch glimpses of 24 flashing across the screen and it looked like he had tight coverage. I've also already given the kid props for making some plays. It's possible to notice a player even when you aren't focusing on them, ya know. You didn't answer my question. Do you think it's wise to hand over a starting gig to a guy with minimal experience this late in the season when the team is vying for the #1 seed?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Just imagine if they would actually hit on a dynamic safety next to pair with these CBs..

or just imagine if they would draft a Safety at all

I agree but Hooker looks like he’s coming back to form.

I know he has an injury history but if we managed it right and can resign him at a fair deal for both parties along with Kearse. We may have the right combination throughout that safety platoon.

I also believe this team drafts BPA in the first round and a comb8nation of both in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Keeps experience on the field but young competition and overall depth. Perfect approach.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I'm super happy with his game tonight. I was down on him during the draft...bought into the media negativity. Then, I just haven't seen much to offset my preconceived notions.

No one will be happier to see that I'm wrong than me. If tonight is any indication, he might be a terrific player.

It really looks like I was wrong about him and that's fantastic!

I let out a big boo when the pick was announced. I wanted a big DT. Turns out we ended up with our DT’s too.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Bossman Fat looking at Anthony Browns starting position like

thief-stealing-bag.gif

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Please feel free to show me where I said I didn't watch the game. All I said was I keyed in on the front 7. I did catch glimpses of 24 flashing across the screen and it looked like he had tight coverage. I've also already given the kid props for making some plays. It's possible to notice a player even when you aren't focusing on them, ya know. You didn't answer my question. Do you think it's wise to hand over a starting gig to a guy with minimal experience this late in the season when the team is vying for the #1 seed?
You didn't know Joseph played outside and Brown played inside. You admitted to watching the front 7 and not the secondary...... hence why i said you didn't watch. That's not assuming, you didn't watch the secondary and made an incorrect statement which i called you on.

Just admit you were wrong and move on, trying to defend a wrong statement is silly and childish.

Good day to you, i won't be responding anymore on your incorrect statement on this subject

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You didn't know Joseph played outside and Brown played inside. You admitted to watching the front 7 and not the secondary...... hence why i said you didn't watch. That's not assuming, you didn't watch the secondary and made an incorrect statement which i called you on.

Just admit you were wrong and move on, trying to defend a wrong statement is silly and childish.

Good day to you, i won't be responding anymore on your incorrect statement on this subject
Don't really care if I'm right or wrong. You're the one that came at me sideways. I've already acknowledged my ignorance but it doesn't change the fact that you don't just hand over a starting job to a guy that had only played a handful of snaps prior to yesterday....and believe it or not, I really wanted 24 to win that job in camp. There are a couple of games left before the playoffs. Make him earn it. How is that difficult to understand?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's going to be Wilson and Kearse moving forward, and I'd be thrilled if that's the case.
Both players are strong safeties and both can catch a football. I'm hopeful Hooker will return from the protocall and will fill the FS position throughout the playoffs. Kearse is also a hybrid LB type and will hopefully be resigned this offseason.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dudes called him a thug as early as Saturday so I’ll take it lol

When just about everyone was saying stupid stuff like he won't contribute this year and that he is immature, I was the one
saying that he would contribute toward the end of the season and he would be ready.. Just about no one agreed..
The simple fact is Dan Quinn didn't have to rush him into the fold with a healthy squad. Bossman is very talented and
ready just as I predicted.