Really struggling to figure out Jevon Holland S Oregon

fivetwos

Reaction score
Opted out in 2020. Only started for one year but saw lots of action as a versatile reserve as a freshman. Mostly played SS, giving him plenty of experience in coverage in the slot and some experience lining up in the box. Some teams may view him strictly as a slot corner, or potentially even try him on the outside where his length could be an asset. His versatility makes him an exciting prospect, but will also lead to a wide range of draft grades depending on how teams see him fitting into their defense. Teams who view him as a traditional SS who can play the run and line up in coverage vs slot receivers will have the highest grades on him.-Draft Ace

He is one of those chess piece type of players that you can't just pigeon hole him to one position. With this all being said, I struggle finding his fit with the Cowboys. Their scheme is rather simple, box safety plays close to the line and we will see a single high free safety in their cover 3 scheme. Don't think they would be creative finds ways to best use Holland.

This week is huge for Holland, as he pro day is coming. If he runs well, perhaps he could be a fit, but if not, can't see him fitting this defense as constructed.

They can always spend a reasonably high pick on Holland then deactivate him all season because he doesn't fit a position.

That happens.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Love Holland. Wouldn’t be disappointed with him in the 2nd and would be ecstatic with him in the 3rd. He’s my favorite safety and he could return punts. I think he’d be a pretty good corner too in a zone heavy scheme.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
How good could his resume really be? And then there is always the education thing. Dont blame society if you fail in the NFL and cant get a job.
Education for a professional athlete? Haha, go ask the basketball players about that. Many prospects decided to take the yr off as they were worried their draft stock would go down in a pandemic season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Education for a professional athlete? Haha, go ask the basketball players about that. Many prospects decided to take the yr off as they were worried their draft stock would go down in a pandemic season.

Education? It’s about dollas yo!!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
I see Holland as a FS that fits what Dallas wants to do. I always like those FSs that return punts.

Scotman

Reaction score
That Draft Ace write up is one of those bizarre write ups you see from time to time that makes no sense. Holland is definitely not a SS
Right?! What was that? I could see slot corner or free safety. Strong safety? Maybe it was literally a typo.

Gaede

Reaction score

Hopefully this number holds up. Definitely far better than expected.

Gaede

Reaction score

I think this person is using the same person above as their source

Malhavoc

Reaction score

I think this person is using the same person above as their source

So much for him being slow. I never saw a slow player on tape. I thought he was the 2nd best Safety in the class. Rumors of him being a 4.7 player were troubling. Obviously not the case.

Gaede

Reaction score
That’s a huge number for him, probably a 2nd rd pick now and could be the 2nd safety taken

As he should be. Now, this is just one person reporting and pro day numbers are obviously all over the place.

But Holland has always been #2 safety to me, and someone to think of at 44. Huge drop off behind Moehrig, Holland, and Grant

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As he should be. Now, this is just one person reporting and pro day numbers are obviously all over the place.

But Holland has always been #2 safety to me, and someone to think of at 44. Huge drop off behind Moehrig, Holland, and Grant
I agree, either get one or don’t draft until day 3 at the position

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So much for him being slow. I never saw a slow player on tape. I thought he was the 2nd best Safety in the class. Rumors of him being a 4.7 player were troubling. Obviously not the case.
He runs so smooth. Probably one of the smoothest runners in this draft. Shakur Brown is the same but his 40 time was in the 4.6 range but still, he will be a late round steal and be a very good cb3/nickel guy.