RECAP: Sean Salisbury - ESPN

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
He is on Stephen A. Smith's show breaking down this showdown next week.

He says Dallas is better than Green Bay, but not by alot.

He says the Packers are going to stack the box and stop Barber and Jones and put their corners in man (I am assuming on an island quite frequently as well) and have their corners play physical.

He says he wants to see if Dallas can put up big numbers on a good defense.

He says the Cowboys are already in the Playoffs because of how weak the NFC is.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I definately didn't see GB being good at the start of the season. But when you look at them, you realize, they are pretty good.

Good QB.
Driver is a solid WR
Good pass rush
Barnett and Hawk are good LBs
Good Corners.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1777462 said:
I definately didn't see GB being good at the start of the season. But when you look at them, you realize, they are pretty good.

Good QB.
Driver is a solid WR
Good pass rush
Barnett and Hawk are good LBs
Good Corners.

I agree 100 percent.....your right

thewireman

Reaction score
How weak the NFC is? Does he mean not having the Patriots in the NFC cause the AFC doesn't have much in the way of dominating teams as well

NFC 2 teams at 9-1

AFC 1 team made from god at 10-0
1 team at 8-2

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
There is no way Green Bay is going to go man to man with TO most of the time. I don't care who you are, if you leave TO man to man, you're lunch has been eaten. Ask Washington.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thewireman;1777470 said:
How weak the NFC is? Does he mean not having the Patriots in the NFC cause the AFC doesn't have much in the way of dominating teams as well

NFC 2 teams at 9-1

1 team at 8-2

I agree. Outside of the Pats I don't see any real dominate team in the AFC right now.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
thewireman;1777470 said:

NFC 2 teams at 9-1

1 team at 8-2

That is an excellent point and one that should be emailed around to some of the on air personalities who I am certain are completely ignorant of this statistic.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1777458 said:
He says he wants to see if Dallas can put up big numbers on a good defense.

Are the Giants not a good defense now?

Before we played them, they were the most fearsome gang of quarterback-crushing defenders the NFL had ever seen.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
thewireman;1777470 said:

NFC 2 teams at 9-1

1 team at 8-2

Exactly....sick of hearing the media talk about how bad the NFC is...I have news for you...aside from one team who happens to be in the AFC, there are more quality teams in the NFC this season.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1777458 said:
He says the Cowboys are already in the Playoffs because of how weak the NFC is.
THe NFC is "weak" yet the #2 and #3 teams by far are in the NFC (boys & packers). after that with Indy's injuries there is a HUGE DROPOFF to the colts, giants, pitt, etc. take your choice they're all mediocre.

both leagues are weak.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
thekavorka;1777473 said:
Didn't we already put up numbers on a good defense in New York?

We did on several teams, but after we play them. They were no longer considered a good defense...

Giants, Miami, Bears, Eagles, Vikings, Bills, Washington, and Patriots.

I think the Patriots are the only team that are still considered to have a good defense.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
nyc;1777495 said:
We did on several teams, but after we play them. They were no longer considered a good defense...

Giants, Miami, Bears, Eagles, Vikings, Bills, Washington, and Patriots.

I think the Patriots are the only team that are still considered to have a good defense.
we haven't played a team with good overall defense and strong corners.

GB is a unique challenge, Giants are inept at CB/Safety. Bills gave us fits.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
thewireman;1777470 said:

NFC 2 teams at 9-1

1 team at 8-2

Each conference has six teams with six wins or more.

Each conference has three teams at .500.

Each conference has seven losing teams.

The AFC has the only undefeated team, but it also has the only winless team.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Packers man up with one deep safety more than anyone in the NFL.

They won't change that simply because TO is on the field. They might roll that safety to TO's side a bit more, but Salisbury is spot on, IMO. Woodson and Harris will man up TO, and they will probably force Romo elsewhere.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1777484 said:
Are the Giants not a good defense now?

Before we played them, they were the most fearsome gang of quarterback-crushing defenders the NFL had ever seen.

Yeah, it gets better as the season goes. New England is the 4th ranked defense in the league and we scored 27 points against them. NYG, the Skins, even Philly is ranked 14th in the league. I don't know. I guess there not any good unless they play in Green Bay.

JPostSam

Reaction score
salisbury saying that the cowboys are better than the packers, but not by much, is right on...

i admit that earlier in the season, i didn't think the packers were for real -- but then again, i didn't think dallas would be 9-1, either.

:eek::

green bay definitely is a good team. probably as good a test for dallas as the giants, if not a bit better. looks like a shootout to me.

good thing, then, that the game will be played at texas stadium. have to give green bay an advantage at lambeau... which just makes the game even more important. if dallas and green bay really are headed for a showdown in the nfc championship, we'd be much better off hosting that game than going up to lambeau for it.

also, coming off the Commanders game, you have to hope that dallas plays better in pass defense and in rushing offense. i'd like to think that the dropoff in our run game the past few weeks has just been a matter of the coaches taking what opposing defenses were giving in the passing game, and not an indication of a real problem... but i won't feel too comfortable about that hypothesis until i see barber and julius rack up some yardage again.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1777472 said:
so he has Arizona winning the West?

I may have heard this wrong.

I now believe he said that Seattle would win the West.

So I will remove that statement because I can't remember his pick, but I know the Giants were one of the teams.