RECAP: Sean Salisbury - ESPN

baj1dallas

Reaction score
nyc;1777475 said:
There is no way Green Bay is going to go man to man with TO most of the time. I don't care who you are, if you leave TO man to man, you're lunch has been eaten. Ask Washington.

yea...trying to be physical against TO in order to stop him is the dumbest thing I ever heard of, he loves physical play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1777484 said:
Are the Giants not a good defense now?

Before we played them, they were the most fearsome gang of quarterback-crushing defenders the NFL had ever seen.
No kidding. I didn't have to suit up and I was wetting my pants in fear of them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SacredStar;1777829 said:
The last three weeks, the Packers running game has been better than Dallas'.

aka Ryan Grant
What is up with that av picture?

:laugh2:

SacredStar

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1777883 said:
I also noticed as usual the Packers benefited from home town calls.

Home or on the road....it doesn't matter. I have watched every Packer game and they are the official "Officials Darlings".

I could write a book on the no calls and bad calls they had go their way.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
SacredStar;1777943 said:
Home or on the road....it doesn't matter. I have watched every Packer game and they are the official "Officials Darlings".

that is not true. You might want to review the Washington game where the league officials told the Packers that the two touchdowns that were called back by penalties were in fact not penalties and should have been allowed, or the Chicago game where a penalty gave the Bears a first down inside the five because a defender lined up over the Bear Center but the league said he lined up right. There are calls in every game that go different ways so just saying the Packers are media darlings is kind fo BS.

One last thing, I know the media attention FAvre gets is out of this world. But Cowboy fans should know better than anybody about media attention. You loved it in the 70s and 80s when the media was claiming the Cowboys as Americas TEam and the love fest constantly covered Roger, Tom Landry, the Doomsday Defense and Co. Fans of other teams got sick of it but you guys probably loved it and embraced it. Now that Packer fans have one of the greatest players to EVER play the position at QB, we get to experience the same affection that you guys got to experience.

SacredStar

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1777978 said:
that is not true. You might want to review the Washington game where the league officials told the Packers that the two touchdowns that were called back by penalties were in fact not penalties and should have been allowed, or the Chicago game where a penalty gave the Bears a first down inside the five because a defender lined up over the Bear Center but the league said he lined up right. There are calls in every game that go different ways so just saying the Packers are media darlings is kind fo BS.

One last thing, I know the media attention FAvre gets is out of this world. But Cowboy fans should know better than anybody about media attention. You loved it in the 70s and 80s when the media was claiming the Cowboys as Americas TEam and the love fest constantly covered Roger, Tom Landry, the Doomsday Defense and Co. Fans of other teams got sick of it but you guys probably loved it and embraced it. Now that Packer fans have one of the greatest players to EVER play the position at QB, we get to experience the same affection that you guys got to experience.

Yeah...it is true Rob. Sorry.

Packer fans are still sore that Dallas stole the national spotlight from them 40 years ago.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
SacredStar;1777988 said:
Yeah...it is true Rob. Sorry.

Packer fans are still sore that Dallas stole the national spotlight from them 40 years ago.

Sacred, I don't think Dallas stole anything from Green Bay. I think they earned it on their own. As a kid I remember the IceBowl that probably put the Packers on the National Map. I remember the few years after than when Cleveland constantly beat the Cowboys and kept them out of the Super Bowl. I think that America felt sorry for the Cowboys back then and were happy for them when they finally did win. They had a great team back then and surely deserved all the praises they got. But come on, Complaining about FAvres attention when all we have heard the past 35 yrs is "Americas TEam"
is kind of hypocritical.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
He says the Cowboys are already in the Playoffs because of how weak the NFC is.

I've heard this argument all year from my Colts friends, so I started to keep track of the total wins in each conference.

After tonight's game, The NFC will have won 81 games, and the AFC will have won 79 games. I'm not going to separate out all the interconference games to get a more accurate indicator, but to me, all things being reasonably equal, the NFC is as strong.

While the AFC has a 10-0 team, the NFC has two 9-1 teams. The AFC has a 0-10 team, while the worst in the NFC is a 2-8 team.

Writers who fail to know what they are writing about, or talkers who don't know what they are talking about, can kiss my backside.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1778006 said:
Sacred, I don't think Dallas stole anything from Green Bay. I think they earned it on their own. As a kid I remember the IceBowl that probably put the Packers on the National Map. I remember the few years after than when Cleveland constantly beat the Cowboys and kept them out of the Super Bowl. I think that America felt sorry for the Cowboys back then and were happy for them when they finally did win. They had a great team back then and surely deserved all the praises they got. But come on, Complaining about FAvres attention when all we have heard the past 35 yrs is "Americas TEam"
is kind of hypocritical.

Not when the Cowboys don't do anything to get all that face time. We just get it for being the Cowboys. Favre on the other hand uses family tragedy to get face time, retirement watches to get face time, other teammate's contract squabbles to get face time etc

FloridaRob

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1778386 said:
Not when the Cowboys don't do anything to get all that face time. We just get it for being the Cowboys. Favre on the other hand uses family tragedy to get face time, retirement watches to get face time, other teammate's contract squabbles to get face time etc

Sounds a little bitter Canadian. Favre used family tragedy to get face time? When was that? After his dad died??? Retirement? He didn't know if he wanted to come back. You said in an earleir thread that Favre only came back for the records. You proved right then you know nothing about Favre. The records have no bearing on his coming back. He is going to break every record any QB has ever achieved this year but conjecture has it that he will defintely play again next year. So if he has all the records, (which he will have in two weeks) then why would he come back if what you say is true.

Other players contract squabbles? I assume you are talking about Javon Walker. He said the same thing earlier in his career when Sterling Sharpe threatened to hold out for more money while under contract. Yea, lets criticize a player that believes that a contract should be honored when he signs it. Maybe you will have a different opinion in a year or two when TO threatens another holdout and Romo stands up and says the same thing.

Favre gets face time for being a great QB. Nobody could care less about any of the other things if he wasn't.

thekavorka

Reaction score
The only thing I have against Favre is the whole "Will he retire or won't he retire" and have it dragged out.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
thekavorka;1778483 said:
The only thing I have against Favre is the whole "Will he retire or won't he retire" and have it dragged out.

That and when he has a drug addiction problem everyone feels sorry for him. Anyone else and the media thinks he should be banned for life.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
dozin@theknick;1778555 said:
That and when he has a drug addiction problem everyone feels sorry for him. Anyone else and the media thinks he should be banned for life.

I don't see that anybody feels sorry for him. I see everyone respecting how he took a problem and was motivated to change his life for the good and became a better husband, father, teamate, and player. . Some people like success stories. OTOH, there are enought players in the league that fall into drug addiction and can't recover from it. Those players do deserve to be banned for life. If you have an instance where somebody took drugs, recovered, and "everyone" thought they should be banned, I would be interested in hearing it.

SacredStar

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1778006 said:
is kind of hypocritical.

Well Rob, you seem like a classy fan.

I'm not used to classy Packer fans.......and I live in the heart of Packer country.

All I hear in my neck of the woods is that Green Bay is America's Team and always has been.....that Dallas stole that moniker from Green Bay and these Packer people around here are very livid about that. They despise that Dallas is called America's Team. Since I wear my Cowboys colors with pride, you can imagine how I am treated around my hometown.

But hey, I never said anything about Favre getting attention...my reference was the A.T. moniker.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
SacredStar;1778743 said:
Well Rob, you seem like a classy fan.

I'm not used to classy Packer fans.......and I live in the heart of Packer country.

All I hear in my neck of the woods is that Green Bay is America's Team and always has been.....that Dallas stole that moniker from Green Bay and these Packer people around here are very livid about that. They despise that Dallas is called America's Team. Since I wear my Cowboys colors with pride, you can imagine how I am treated around my hometown.

But hey, I never said anything about Favre getting attention...my reference was the A.T. moniker.

Living in Wisconsin and not a Packer fan. I didn't know that existed. :) I have some sympathy for you. I grew up in SW Louisiana and my whole family were Cowboy fans. Nobody liked the saints and even being closer to the Houston Oilers, nobody cared about them either. I think our whole area were NFL guys, not AFL and I would say 75% of them were Cowboy fans. Some of my best friends growing up were Cowboy fans and while the 60's (when I was real young) were great, the 70's and 80's were especially brutal. I made it through it tho, and the last 15 have been pretty good.

I guess the Americas Team thingy is still up for debate. I see that NFL Network is gonig to have a special on "the REal Americas Team" this Friday. Whatever that means. THey showed Dallas, Green Bay and Pittsurgh so that should be interesting. I always thought Dallas was known as South Americas Team. Did you guys miss the memo? :D

SacredStar

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1778798 said:
Living in Wisconsin and not a Packer fan. I didn't know that existed. :) I have some sympathy for you. I grew up in SW Louisiana and my whole family were Cowboy fans. Nobody liked the saints and even being closer to the Houston Oilers, nobody cared about them either. I think our whole area were NFL guys, not AFL and I would say 75% of them were Cowboy fans. Some of my best friends growing up were Cowboy fans and while the 60's (when I was real young) were great, the 70's and 80's were especially brutal. I made it through it tho, and the last 15 have been pretty good.

I guess the Americas Team thingy is still up for debate. I see that NFL Network is gonig to have a special on "the REal Americas Team" this Friday. Whatever that means. THey showed Dallas, Green Bay and Pittsurgh so that should be interesting. I always thought Dallas was known as South Americas Team. Did you guys miss the memo? :D

We are the "World's Team". :D

I've lived here for over 35 years....came up from Virginia. Was a Cowboy fan in Virginia too. My closest friends have tried hard to switch my allegiance to the Packers, but I hate those colors....reminds me of my high school....and I hated high school.

As far as the Packers, if you look at my recent posts, you'll notice I don't like them very much. But you'll also notice I do give them respect. Earlier this season, I thought they were a fluke.....but now I give them props. They are playing sound football.

Good luck Rob and I'll chat at you later.:)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
SacredStar;1777943 said:

Did you see that GB vs. Denver game a couple of weeks back?

IN MILE HIGH, THE BRONCOS WERE FLAT OUT RAPED BY THE REFS:eek:

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Brett Favre? Didn't he used to be a great QB? I remember him! He still around? How many rings does he have now? Prolly way more then Troy... He must he has stuck around all this time he couldn't be staying around just to hold his team back... Could he?