RECAP: Sean Salisbury - ESPN

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
OHHHHHH BRETT!!! The guy who was hooked on drugs? The guy who crapped on the sport by giving stahan the record? The guy who packer fans wanted gone for the past 4 years? I got ya... Yeah man he WAS great!!!!!!!!! Once upon a time.

Daudr

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1777458 said:
He is on Stephen A. Smith's show breaking down this showdown next week.

He says Dallas is better than Green Bay, but not by alot.

He says the Packers are going to stack the box and stop Barber and Jones and put their corners in man (I am assuming on an island quite frequently as well) and have their corners play physical.

He says he wants to see if Dallas can put up big numbers on a good defense.

He says the Cowboys are already in the Playoffs because of how weak the NFC is.

If the Packers follow his advice, they are ***. Manning up on Witten, TO, and Crayton is ********.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Pakers are screwed no matter what. Yeah they have done a good job thus far but the clock strikes 12:00 in nine days and the packers chariot turns back into a pumpkin. Sorry Cinderella ya can't go to all the balls.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1777458 said:
He is on Stephen A. Smith's show breaking down this showdown next week.

He says Dallas is better than Green Bay, but not by alot.

He says the Packers are going to stack the box and stop Barber and Jones and put their corners in man (I am assuming on an island quite frequently as well) and have their corners play physical.

He says he wants to see if Dallas can put up big numbers on a good defense.

He says the Cowboys are already in the Playoffs because of how weak the NFC is.

I am about sick and tired of hearing how weak the NFC is compared to the AFC. That statement has become a joke.

The AFC has just as many bad teams as the NFC, maybe more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1777462 said:
I definately didn't see GB being good at the start of the season. But when you look at them, you realize, they are pretty good.

Good QB.
Driver is a solid WR
Good pass rush
Barnett and Hawk are good LBs
Good Corners.

Yeah I hopped on their wagon in about week 4 of this season.

They have a good young defense and plenty of weapons on offense for Favre to get the ball to.

vicjagger

Reaction score
jimnabby;1777604 said:
The NFC is 23-21 against the AFC this season. If you take out the Patriots (who all will grant are in a league by themselves) it's 23-19.

The NFC East & North are a combined 17-4 against the AFC.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1779017 said:
OHHHHHH BRETT!!! The guy who was hooked on drugs? The guy who crapped on the sport by giving stahan the record? The guy who packer fans wanted gone for the past 4 years? I got ya... Yeah man he WAS great!!!!!!!!! Once upon a time.

DTown- why so grumpy? Did you miss your meds? Do you hate to see somebody get their life straight and turn out to be a great role model for kids. Kind of hypocritical for YOU fan to say anything about players and drugs with what has gone on over the years in Dallas.

Crapped on the sport? It was funny then and it is funny now....

What Packer fans wanted him gone the past four years? You must be hanging around both of them because believe me, Favre could sign a contract extension to play until he was 50 and Packer Nation would be behind it.

No, he STILL is great and if you would take your meds on Sunday, you could see that. A 100 QB rating, 20 TD passes, and managing a game like he has NEVER done. If he isn't still great, then your view of greatness needs to be checked.

My 87 yr old father in law also believes that his 20 yr old RCA 20 inch TV ihas a better picture than my 61 inch Samsung HD DLP. He isn't right and neither or you. I could have him send you some of his leftover meds if you have run out. :D

SacredStar

Reaction score
Brett had a couple off years the last few years, and I know some Packer fans were questioning his ability and were actually debating if things would be better if Rogers took over the reins.

But Brett has improved because the system has improved. The defense is playing great and that helps takes pressure off Favre in trying to win the games by himself.....thus he is making less mistakes.

But, imo, it's the offensive scheme that McCarthy has applied that allows Brett to run a more efficient game plan.

There is no denying that Favre is playing even better than he did in the years he won the NFL MVP awards. His QB rating is higher, completion percentage is higher, and yards are higher.....all with less pass attempts.

I can't wait until he retires.........that shows my respect for him.

But I still hate him. ;)

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1779248 said:
DTown- why so grumpy? Did you miss your meds? Do you hate to see somebody get their life straight and turn out to be a great role model for kids. Kind of hypocritical for YOU fan to say anything about players and drugs with what has gone on over the years in Dallas.

Crapped on the sport? It was funny then and it is funny now....

What Packer fans wanted him gone the past four years? You must be hanging around both of them because believe me, Favre could sign a contract extension to play until he was 50 and Packer Nation would be behind it.

No, he STILL is great and if you would take your meds on Sunday, you could see that. A 100 QB rating, 20 TD passes, and managing a game like he has NEVER done. If he isn't still great, then your view of greatness needs to be checked.

My 87 yr old father in law also believes that his 20 yr old RCA 20 inch TV ihas a better picture than my 61 inch Samsung HD DLP. He isn't right and neither or you. I could have him send you some of his leftover meds if you have run out. :D
My view of greatness is 3 superbowl rings so no he isn't great. He is just a junky who likes to take a **** on the nfl it's records and what it stands for. Brett has no respect for the sport. Obviously he doesn't seeing as he didn't show up for team pictures in atlanta because he was drunk off his arse. As far as dallas goes our players took their punishment and they don't act as though they are alter boys. Brett is a junky and then tried to make everyone feel bad for him! lol what a joke just like that team of yours.
Tic Toc packer fans, clock will strike 12 sooner then you think. A loss to dallas will begin the destruction of your season.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1779959 said:
My view of greatness is 3 superbowl rings so no he isn't great. He is just a junky who likes to take a **** on the nfl it's records and what it stands for. Brett has no respect for the sport. Obviously he doesn't seeing as he didn't show up for team pictures in atlanta because he was drunk off his arse. As far as dallas goes our players took their punishment and they don't act as though they are alter boys. Brett is a junky and then tried to make everyone feel bad for him! lol what a joke just like that team of yours.
Tic Toc packer fans, clock will strike 12 sooner then you think. A loss to dallas will begin the destruction of your season.

Ok D-Town, you hate Favre. Good for you. Apparently you don't know what you are talking about by this garbage post. You might get some help with that Hate tho, it can cause stress, heart disease and so on. And as far as tic toc goes, that might be your heart busting an artery from your high blood pressure and hate spewing.

Is this "fan" for real????Three Super Bowl Rings is the barometer of greatness? Geez Dan Marino, I guess he sucked. Jim Kelly, I guess he sucked. I thought Roger Staubach was a great QB but he only won 2 so I guess he sucked too. Bart Starr only played in 2 Super Bowls so take him out of the HOF. Johnny Unitas only played in 1 and lost so he wasn't great either.

I guess Terry Bradshaw is the greatest ever because he won 4 or 5 Super Bowls. But when QBs are mentioned in terms of greatness Bradshaw gets very little mention. I didn't know why. Until now. Because the rest of the football world has not heard about some fan called D-town Radio who limits Greatness to Super Bowls. They have it all wrong. Just ask D-town.

Thanks for the insight D-town. :rolleyes:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
SacredStar;1779415 said:
But I still hate him. ;)
How could you hate him? Brett epitomizes everything that I love about football. His love for the game, the way he plays with reckless abandon, telling off d-linemen after a sack, the enthusiasm, the hunger and drive...

And it's not as though Favre owned the Cowboys or put an end to any of our Superbowl runs. He's 0-8 at Texas Stadium and the Packers were roadkill in the 90's.

No, I can't dislike Favre. I don't care much for the Pack, but it's just hard to "hate" Brett Favre.

dwmyers

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1777978 said:
Now that Packer fans have one of the greatest players to EVER play the position at QB, we get to experience the same affection that you guys got to experience.

Yep. That Bart Starr was a pretty good tosser. Won more championships than most too.

:laugh2:

David.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
thewireman;1777470 said:
How weak the NFC is? Does he mean not having the Patriots in the NFC cause the AFC doesn't have much in the way of dominating teams as well

NFC 2 teams at 9-1

AFC 1 team made from god at 10-0
1 team at 8-2
also, the NFC doesn't have Miami.

SacredStar

Reaction score
TheSkaven;1780627 said:
How could you hate him? Brett epitomizes everything that I love about football. His love for the game, the way he plays with reckless abandon, telling off d-linemen after a sack, the enthusiasm, the hunger and drive...

And it's not as though Favre owned the Cowboys or put an end to any of our Superbowl runs. He's 0-8 at Texas Stadium and the Packers were roadkill in the 90's.

No, I can't dislike Favre. I don't care much for the Pack, but it's just hard to "hate" Brett Favre.

Did you see the ;) after the post?

I hate no-one.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1780547 said:
Ok D-Town, you hate Favre. Good for you. Apparently you don't know what you are talking about by this garbage post. You might get some help with that Hate tho, it can cause stress, heart disease and so on. And as far as tic toc goes, that might be your heart busting an artery from your high blood pressure and hate spewing.

Is this "fan" for real????Three Super Bowl Rings is the barometer of greatness? Geez Dan Marino, I guess he sucked. Jim Kelly, I guess he sucked. I thought Roger Staubach was a great QB but he only won 2 so I guess he sucked too. Bart Starr only played in 2 Super Bowls so take him out of the HOF. Johnny Unitas only played in 1 and lost so he wasn't great either.

I guess Terry Bradshaw is the greatest ever because he won 4 or 5 Super Bowls. But when QBs are mentioned in terms of greatness Bradshaw gets very little mention. I didn't know why. Until now. Because the rest of the football world has not heard about some fan called D-town Radio who limits Greatness to Super Bowls. They have it all wrong. Just ask D-town.

Thanks for the insight D-town. :rolleyes:
Hey buddy calm down, don't be mad at me because Brett can't get done in his 300 years in the nfl that Troy did. It is okay. Some people are winners and some are losers. People like Favre, McNabb, Marino. While there stats surely cry out Greatness the lack of championships and inability to get the job done show the truth. I think anyone that is as great as you think Brett is and has been around as long as he has been around should have gotten over the hump way more then once. He just isn't a championship kinda guy and if your fine with flashy regular season numbers and less then impressive post seasons thats fine with me. I just hold my team higher then that and look for more then most start records I want championships but I guess when your not a cowboys fan you take what you can get. Hey I wish Brett all the luck in the world with that most starts thing because it will be his final accomplishment this year.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1781066 said:
Hey buddy calm down, don't be mad at me because Brett can't get done in his 300 years in the nfl that Troy did. It is okay. Some people are winners and some are losers. People like Favre, McNabb, Marino. While there stats surely cry out Greatness the lack of championships and inability to get the job done show the truth. I think anyone that is as great as you think Brett is and has been around as long as he has been around should have gotten over the hump way more then once. He just isn't a championship kinda guy and if your fine with flashy regular season numbers and less then impressive post seasons thats fine with me. I just hold my team higher then that and look for more then most start records I want championships but I guess when your not a cowboys fan you take what you can get. Hey I wish Brett all the luck in the world with that most starts thing because it will be his final accomplishment this year.

D-TownRadio, question for you.

Say Tony Romo finishes his career with 1 Championship or no Championship at all. What you view him in the same light as you view Brett Favre?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1781066 said:

Brett never had the same talant around him for most of his career as guys like Aikman or Montana had. This ideal that greatness from the QB position is soley based on SB is far fetched. I know people love saying it but it does not change the fact that a QB can only do so much and many things are outside his control no matter how great he is.

aikemirv

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1781139 said:
D-TownRadio, question for you.

Say Tony Romo finishes his career with 1 Championship or no Championship at all. What you view him in the same light as you view Brett Favre?

In that light, lets say Romo gets us to the Superbowl and plays extremely well and it is still not good enough to get us the Trophy.

Is he any less the player because the Patriots were that good and our D could not stop them??

FloridaRob

Reaction score
well after my first few days here, I definetly see that d-town has a few hate issues with FAvre and a few other great QBs. HIs rational behind his hate tho makes me think Brett probably stiffed him for an autograph when he was younger and he hasn't gotten over it.

As far as his criteria for greatness, they need to throw a lot of people out of the HOF because they don't measure up to his impossible sandards. If he was the only voter for HOF entry, there would be about three people in there. :rolleyes:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Using D-towns logic, I have come to the conclusion that a football franchise can only be a great franchise if they have won at least 10 World Championships. Since there has been only one team that has won at least 10 World Championships there is only one really great football franchise. That team is the Green Bay Packers. Now I know the Cowboys have won five and the Patriots have won a few, and the Steelers have won a few BUT to be great you have to win 10. That are my standards after reading DTowns insane thought. So I guess Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England, and Co might think they are great franchise but MY standards say otherwise.

Maybe in another 40 yrs of existence those teams will these teams will be great, but by that time, Favre will have probably still be playing and have 15 Super Bowl titles of his own/

:sarcasm:

It is funny to think tho, If the Packers were to win the Super Bowl this year(Longshot for any NFC team I know) and then repeat it again next year, would D-town get off his hate mantra and say Favre is great. No I didn't think so. He would find another reason to say he sucked.