RECAP: T.O. sitting down with Screamin' A. Smith *Merge*

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Just saw this on ESPN.

He is doing a sit down with Stephen A. for Sportscenter at 6pm.

Why?

**ADMIN EDIT**
Theogt Recap

What happened?

I think it came out with the reports -- Ed Werder accused me of saying [some things] with an anonymous player. There was a meeting held by Jason Garrett on Monday. He initiated -- he called me into the office before the team meeting. He understood that everyone was upset about the Pittsburgh loss and he just wanted me to vent to him about how we can get better as a team -- my input on anything that he may have a question about. It was an open honest conversation between the two of us. That's where it should have stayed, but obviously that didn't happen. There were reports that Roy, Patrick and myself went in there and kicked his door in and had this meeting. That's not what happened. The meeting was held on Monday. All of these reports from an anonymous player came out on Thursday. That's where I feel like I have been unfairly criticized. People won't let go of the past. When I say the past, I mean things that happened in San Francisco and Philly. I've tried to remove myself from those situations, and it seems like everytime something happens, I'm to blame. I'm the [fall guy] for everything. And with this situation, I can't take it because the accusation that Werder made, regardless of who told him, I didn't say those thigns.​

You're saying that what he reported is completely false, never happened?

I never said none of those things. It was reported that I said Tony and Witten were drawing up plays and freezing me out. I didn't say any of that.​

What was said with Jason Garrett?

We just addressed a disappointing loss and what we can do to move forward to get better as a team. We're in a playoff push and every game is critical. We want to be on the same page. When you look at the film, there were plays where I was open, Roy was open, Patrick was open and these are the thigns that need to be addressed amongst us as an offense. We have a lot of capable players.​

Let's get back to Werder. Jason Garrett is your OC and you go to talk to him. If Ed Werder reported it, obviously someone said something to him that is inside the locker room. Why is your problem with Ed and not the person in the locker room?

Well, that wasn't the initial problem. The meeting wasn't the controversy. The controversy was about an anonymous player saying I said that Witten and Tony were drawing up plays.​

And you don't believe someone said that about you?

I believe someone said it. But I didn't say it. So, why would someone jump to the conclusion that I said it and cause all this controversy throughout the course of the week? Again, if you look at situations in the past -- look at this incident for example. You have reporters in the locker room. All those guys are gonna ask people, "What happened?" Sure there may be some guys, if I was at fault, that will say that I'm at fault. So someone could confirm it.

Basically, in the end I think he was trying to say that if there was a problem, someone would come on record and say something happened. But it's all anonymous sources.
There were reports that you were peeved and of an altercation between you and Witten. Any truth to that?
None. I will say I was peeved -- I was pissed off about everything that was going on. I had so many teammates that called me and was like, "Bro what's going on? Who said this? Why is this getting out? We're supposed to be a family." I've gone overboard to do the necessary things to not create controversy. If I have a problem with anythign going on, with any of my teammates, I feel like I did the best thing I knew to do -- to go into Jason Garett and talk to him about. The thing with Jason Witten, I have no idea where that came from. I will say that he tried to come up to me during a period and asked me about what was going, and I said, "I'm done with it, let's forget it." As far as anyone coming in between us, and going to blows, nothing happened.

Still confident in your quarterback?
Definitely I'm confident in him. When he's back there and he gets the necessary time to do what he does back, to drop back and get the ball into his playmakers hands, that's when he's at his best. That's when we're at out best.

Still going to stand by him, like last year?
Oh yeah, I'm going to stand by him regardless. No matter what transpires or changes his thoughts about him, I'm still going to stand by him.

So there are no problems in Big D?
None at all. None whatsoever.

Look into the camera and say it.
None whatsoever. You can say what you want to say.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Just caught the end of a commercial for a segment on BSPN tonight at 6(well probably 6:25 just to keep their ratings high).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I wish we could get all the owens threads into their own category, or just one giant thread..the owens thread or something.

not complaining about you dc, but I didnt come on here for 4 days because I cant stand this guy being the only topic and all anyone talks about.

Its really awful. Every thread is related to this guy and the rest are to bashing romo, witten and garrett.

Givincer

Reaction score
theebs;2499698 said:
I wish we could get all the owens threads into their own category, or just one giant thread..the owens thread or something.

not complaining about you dc, but I didnt come on here for 4 days because I cant stand this guy being the only topic and all anyone talks about.

Its really awful. Every thread is related to this guy and the rest are to bashing romo, witten and garrett.

I remember at one point TO had his own forum on here! It was called the T.O. Zone if I'm not mistaken.

I think it was during training camp of 2006. Not positive on that though.

Anyway, I don't really think anything will come of this interview. I tend to agree with Jerry Jones when he says he's never seen his team lose a game because of some off the field issue. Regardless, I can't picture him saying anything bad after a win like we just had. I think he'll sound similar to how he sounded in his post game press conference.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Givincer;2499699 said:
I remember at one point TO had his own forum on here! It was called the T.O. Zone if I'm not mistaken.

I think it was during training camp of 2006. Not positive on that though.

It was right after we signed him and a week after I became a mod. :(

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2499694 said:
Just saw this on ESPN.

Why?

Stephen A Smith defended him to an extent on ESPN recently...

Showed him some love and they have the Philly Enquirer connection.

Givincer

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2499703 said:
It was right after we signed him and a week after I became a mod. :(

:laugh2:

Must have made you reconsider your decision just a bit.

I remember the entire first page of the main forum was basically completely TO threads. Being a mod and seeing that = :eek:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2499698 said:

I hear ya Theebs.

I knew he wasn't to be quiet this week. I predicted it was going to be with Michael Irvin on his radio show, but I was wrong.

It's way worse.

The man is thick. One week the media kills him and he is bashing an ESPN reporter to a pulp. But then the next week he agrees to sit down with another of their reporters to do an interview.

And you just know he is going to be trying to convince the people that don't like him to like him. That's all it's ever about.

When he finally realizes that not every one on the planet is going to like you it's going to be like an epiphany for him. I feel sad for him.

He's a good person. He's self invovled, but he's not a mean person or a hateful person.

If he could just be someone else for a day I think he would jump at that opportunity. He would never tell us that, but I think he would do it.

ESPN knows a sucker when they see one.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2499710 said:
Stephen A Smith defended him to an extent on ESPN recently...

Showed him some love and they have the Philly Enquirer connection.

Not why as in who it's with.

But why do a sit down.

Why not just let things die down.

Are we really thinking that this isn't going to be all about the BS that went on last week?

That would be irrational thinking.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Givincer;2499699 said:
Regardless, I can't picture him saying anything bad after a win like we just had. I think he'll sound similar to how he sounded in his post game press conference.

You would think.

It's what I thought when I heard he was doing the Deion interview.

That was right after the big win over the Skins.

Who knows.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theebs;2499698 said:

Being a little dramatic aren't we?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ed Werder works for ESPN.

Ed Werder claims anonymous sources told him that Owens had done blah blah blah.

Owens calls Ed Werder a liar.

ESPN backs up Ed Werder and his unnamed sources.

Now, Owens wants to do an interview with ESPN.

Is this all correct or am I missing anything?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DallasEast;2499762 said:
Ed Werder works for ESPN.

Ed Werder claims anonymous sources told him that Owens had done blah blah blah.

Owens calls Ed Werder a liar.

ESPN backs up Ed Werder and his unnamed sources.

Now, Owens wants to do an interview with ESPN.

Is this all correct or am I missing anything?

T.O.'s beef isn't with the media in general, it's with specific people in the media. The man loves his face time way too much to avoid the cameras.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well the thing about TO just letting it die down is that no one else is. The media isn't. Whether it be local or BSPN. So the only thing I can think of is to just keep denying anything out of the ordinary happened and keep making BSPN and the media look like fools.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be as hard-hitting and edifying as a McNabb-Wilbon interview.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2499694 said:
Just saw this on ESPN.

Why?

Because he can? Because it's what he does? *Shrugs*

Doesn't matter either way.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2499768 said:
T.O.'s beef isn't with the media in general, it's with specific people in the media. The man loves his face time way too much to avoid the cameras.
Agreed, but Stephen A. Smith works for ESPN. No matter how neutral Stephen A. Smith shall conduct the interview, Owens should avoid all contact with the exact same network he (and some fans) claims to be his worst detractor. As you pointed out, he will always crave the spotlight, but this is not a smart move on his part (no pun intended). There are several media outlets, non-sports related even, which will give him face time without the circus tagging along. For instance, I'm sure 60 minutes would love to do ANOTHER story on him.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2499761 said:
I fixed the title.

:grin:

I was gonna say...I didn't write that, lol.

But it sure does fit!!!

You know the saddest thing about this interview.

The really, really, really, really, really, really sad thing...

All of the people that backed T.O. last week won't even see this interview because they are boycotting ESPN.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: