Recap: Wade said jenkins, Austin probably out for sundays game...PC Thread

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2455263 said:
Bottom line is that they're winning, and have been very consistent all year. Sure, they haven't been all that beautiful, this is a very talented, albeit very tough football team.

Sure, they have their fair share of weaknesses, but they know how to make all the plays at important parts of the games each and every week. And they have alot of firey players to boot, at least from what I saw in yesterday's game.

Pt being that of all the teams on our schedule, they may not fear me the most, but they fear me a great deal.

Why are they scared of you?:D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Iago33;2455486 said:
That was his full PC? Was it abbreviated?

It starts at about the 1:15 mark here...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=F3118AC2-B2F1-77FB-F47B23157E8AD67A

There wasn't a lot today... Like Rob Phillips said afterwards, Parcells' rare PCs before practice usually didn't say much either because at that point the coaches are thinking of the upcoming practice and not talking to reporters.

He was asked about differences between his defense and Dick LeBeau's, which was a great question, and Wade said they two-gap more than we do, but there were some similarities. Said the main thing was that LeBeau was great at utilizing the personnel he had, which is the key to coaching. Also said Pitt might be playing as good a defense as anyone since that 2000 Ravens team.

I was hoping someone would ask about Octavien... We pretty much know he's here for special teams, but I'd like to hear their thinking on how they chose him and what they expect out of him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I can't believe we didn't get another rb. Barber is banged up and if him or choice gets hurt were screwed.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2455231 said:
I was hoping to have Austin and Jenkins back for the Steeler game. Oh well, maybe they can play against the Giants.

I have a feeling that Austin will make a real contribution in the final games this year. He already had some big plays early on.

If he can stay healthy, I agree. He's had some bad luck this year with injuries.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Boysboy;2455263 said:
Bottom line is that they're winning, and have been very consistent all year. Sure, they haven't been all that beautiful, this is a very talented, albeit very tough football team.

Sure, they have their fair share of weaknesses, but they know how to make all the plays at important parts of the games each and every week. And they have alot of firey players to boot, at least from what I saw in yesterday's game.

Pt being that of all the teams on our schedule, they may not fear me the most, but they fear me a great deal.
Offensively, they just aren't that talented. Not even in the same realm as ours'. They may have a big game against us, but more often than not, their offense has been the beneficiary of a stellar defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Seriously Wade...Just go ahead and bench Henry already...Put Jones in for Henry and keep Scandrick in as much as possible...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I hate that the Midget is going to return punts again.

1st because he sucks at it and 2nd, it hurts my neck watching him run back and forth like he does.

It's like watchin' a friggin' tennis match with a lopsided ball...........

newlander

Reaction score
That crappy field really worries me with MBthree's foot. Wait till you get a load of that cow pasture come Sunday. JOKE that they aren't made to have field turf by this point.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Seven;2455744 said:
I hate that the Midget is going to return punts again.

1st because he sucks at it and 2nd, it hurts my neck watching him run back and forth like he does.

It's like watchin' a friggin' tennis match with a lopsided ball...........
so you'd prefer a fair catch?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rampage;2455494 said:
I can't believe we didn't get another rb. Barber is banged up and if him or choice gets hurt were screwed.

Well, isn't Shaun Alexander still available?

:lmao:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
What is this about cutting Orlando Scandrick's playing time? That is just stupid if it happens. If this happens, I'm going to be mad. The guy has played like a three year vet, and he hasn't been in trouble. He didn't jack some dude up and get suspended and watch the Rams kill us. Who cares if they caught a few balls on him during the last game. Who doesn't give up a few catches? The guy's play has been stellar.

I'm trying to lobby for Jenkins playing, and now, Scandrick's time is going to be cut.

Does anyone else think benching Scandrick would be idiotic? What kind of message are you sending to the young guy and your team. He has played very well and has been very reliable. He deserves to play. He is reliable. Do you have to worry about him in the off season? Pacman is a ticking time bomb waiting to get thrown out of the league.

We have some dang good rookies who could help us win games down the stretch (see the Giants last year), and we might not play one of our very best guys.

Putting Jenkins and Scandrick on the bench for Henry and Pacman is not smart if that indeed happens, imo.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Temo;2455208 said:
And risk having Ward break Newman's jaw on some running play to the other side of the field? Nah.

Oh no! The big, bad Steelers are next up, breaking jaws and stealing women! Oh no! F that, we are bigger, stronger and faster than this AFC team o' punks. As they have already found out earlier this season, playing against the NFC East is a little tougher than playing against the Browns and Bengals of the world.

We must break them. We WILL break them.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
41gy#;2456043 said:
What is this about cutting Orlando Scandrick's playing time. That is just stupid if it happens. If this happens, I'm going to be mad. The guy has played like a three year vet, and he hasn't been in trouble. He didn't jack some dude up and get suspended. Who cares if they caught a few balls on him during the last game. Who doesn't give up a few catches? The guy's play has been stellar.

I'm trying to lobby for Jenkins playing, and now, Scandrick's time is going to be cut.

Does anyone else think benching Scandrick would be idiotic?

It absolutely would be idiotic, but I wouldn't trust what MacMahon says on that. It's pretty clear the team loves Scandrick and what he's done, and I can't imagine they'd cut his time for the Pacrat.

I think Pac will only play Jenkins' role while his hamstring is hurt, and then he'll be back to punt returner and 5th corner.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
cowboyz;2456007 said:
so you'd prefer a fair catch?

Atleast we know he isn't going to muff the punt or cause us negative yardage..

Pacman on special teams has not been impressive

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2456053 said:
It absolutely would be idiotic, but I wouldn't trust what MacMahon says on that. It's pretty clear the team loves Scandrick and what he's done, and I can't imagine they'd cut his time for the Pacrat.

I think Pac will only play Jenkins' role while his hamstring is hurt, and then he'll be back to punt returner and 5th corner.

That is a great point, and I hope I was suckered like you said. Yeah, you have to watch what this guy says for sure. Great point.

I hope you are right about this stuff.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2455103 said:
Pacman has not impressed me with his punt returns this year at all.

Ware and the Barbarian will play.
This is the kind of game I'd have liked to have seen him play. A rusty Adam Jones is no substitute for how well Jenkins was playing.

THOUGH...I think it will give Scandrick more opportunities to get game experience, develop and show his stuff.

What we lose if Barber can't play is as much mental as physical. I think without Barber, defenses may feel they can just step up and attack attack attack b/c nobody's gonna pop them in the mouth.

Frozen700

Reaction score
IDK about Newman on Ward......i say play cover 1...with Newman on Santonio Holemes

and Henry get physical with Ward at the LOS...hes a route runner....so force him to go deep....and maybe let Hamlin cheat his way....n Trust T-New

Roethlisburger loves to go deep...and is prone to holding on to the ball too long....and will just throw the ball up when hes about to go down....

if we dont get pressure...we lose...

if we let Ward bully our CB's around..we lose...they have no real running game

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Im not even worried about Holmes and Ward.

Heath Miller scares me.. We all know tightends always have big games against us.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2456102 said:
IDK about Newman on Ward......i say play cover 1...with Newman on Santonio Holemes

and Henry get physical with Ward at the LOS...hes a route runner....so force him to go deep....and maybe let Hamlin cheat his way....n Trust T-New

Roethlisburger loves to go deep...and is prone to holding on to the ball too long....and will just throw the ball up when hes about to go down....

if we dont get pressure...we lose...

if we let Ward bully our CB's around..we lose...they have no real running game
huh? that's been there bread and butter forever.