Video: Receivers don't get open

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That must have been an interesting film session. Dak, why did you vacate the pocket? What did YOU see on that play?

The current QB coach brings no cred with him to the job and probably has little if any influence over Dak. Probably telling Dak how good his posture was on that play.
So true. What credentials does Moore bring to the table? I am no believer in Dak's ability to be a great QB but a good QB coach would at least have a shot at making him average or even above average which is what he needs to be to give us a chance with this running game and defense.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So true. What credentials does Moore bring to the table? I am no believer in Dak's ability to be a great QB but a good QB coach would at least have a shot at making him average or even above average which is what he needs to be to give us a chance with this running game and defense.
Wilson was the scapegoat for Dak taking a step back last year, it looks like the WR and OL are being lined up as the scapegoats this year, even though the WR/TE are what Dak wanted, guys with no opinions that just go where they are told.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Every good QB in the league will always throw appreciation toward the OC and position coach. The Cowboys poop the bed in both cases.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I don't think he lacks anticipation, I think he just hesitates to throw because he doesn't trust that he can make the throw. And he's too worried about possibly throwing a pick. It's a mental block. He needs to get over that. The coaches need to give him a game where they just tell him to go all out and throw the ball down the field and not to worry about throwing a couple picks. Get it outta his system and loosen him up. If that doesn't help..... then start looking for the next QB.

Sydla

Reaction score
Apparently Beasley is furious this year. Those who watch coaching film say he has been open this year and its contract year for the Beas.

On this play alone, if that's Beasley in the slot running the comeback, he's open.

Dre11

Reaction score
But folks want to talk about play calling...lol the plays are there to be made.

Dre11

Reaction score
Especially the punt on 4th and 1. Keep defending Garrett. Coaching doesnt matter right? Tell that to the Rams.

And McVay even admitted he had to be talked out of punting by the players during the timeout. Come again son.

khiladi

Reaction score
Plus it’s cover 2 and at minimum he should know he’s got a matchup on the outside right from the start to attack. Romo says this plenty in his broadcasts in cover 2 your normally getting the outside.

One of the interesting things is, look at the DE on the right show rush, but drop back, taking away the inside route. You can tell right away, knowing Dak’s nature, he was probably going for that short crossing route from the beginning, but it was taken away.

This is probably what a Linehan was referring to when he said teams are showing rush and dropping back now. Dak’s vision is all short middle first and foremost.

Huge limitation on the offense even when the WRs are giving him opportunities.

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Doesn’t attack the upper middle of the field.. he’s even looking at the WR on the slot on the left side, but looks away too early.

He even avoided this in his 2016 career year.

This dude is just a backup.
I'm curious as to what this guy is seeing. I'm not sure if the national people watch tape because for as bad as these wr are talked about they have also made plays the all22 shows us.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Doesn’t attack the upper middle of the field.. he’s even looking at the WR on the slot on the left side, but looks away too early.

He even avoided this in his 2016 career year.

This dude is just a backup.

When was the last time Dak even attempted a pass deep middle? Has he ever because I don't recall but maybe I'm wrong.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what this guy is seeing. I'm not sure if the national people watch tape because for as bad as these wr are talked about they have also made plays the all22 shows us.

Skip, Shannon, Steven A none of those guys watch tape because if they did they wouldn't say some of the thing they say. On second thought maybe they would.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I don't think he lacks anticipation, I think he just hesitates to throw because he doesn't trust that he can make the throw. And he's too worried about possibly throwing a pick. It's a mental block. He needs to get over that. The coaches need to give him a game where they just tell him to go all out and throw the ball down the field and not to worry about throwing a couple picks. Get it outta his system and loosen him up. If that doesn't help..... then start looking for the next QB.

He lacks anticipation because he doesn't know what coverage is being played against him. When he sees a wr open he doesn't let it go because the anticipation has more to do with the qb knowledge of where the defender is going to be because he knows what coverage that they're playing. Dak doesn't know, that's why he does better on roll outs and bootlegs because he only has to read half the field.

birdwells1

Reaction score
There is an article from his 2016 campaign, meaning his most ‘successful’ year, and even then they charted that he avoided the deep middle of the field.

When there's area on the field that the defense doesn't have to cover because they not threaten by you it puts the offense in a bad position.