Video: Receivers don't get open

Rayman70

Reaction score
they don't get open. FACT. Then when they do, they cannot catch catchable balls.

catiii

Reaction score
Three guys for easy completions....one a TD
AGREE!!!!!!I saw every receiver wide open at the midpoint. Dak is just afraid to throw or he can't see them or he's just an epic fail.and there was no pressure at that point. He's got awful timing and anticipation, Perhaps it's DAK who can't read the routes!!!

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
It's coming to the point where we need to atleast either see what Rush or White have or we need to bring in somebody, anybody that has even a shred of arm talent and ability to play the position.

We are going nowhere with this guy.

Dre11

Reaction score
The best part of this is that this article still shows what a boob Garrett is. They wasted too much time and he gave a boob answer when asked if he instructed Romo to spike the ball sooner.

That game ending was a coaching screw up plain and simple even before we got to the FG.

Lol...ahhh you didn't get the answer you wanted, Garrett never gives a straight answer. He doesn't care what you think.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
On this play alone, if that's Beasley in the slot running the comeback, he's open.

It's a little bit of everything. The receivers aren't getting open because the play calling isn't that great, which makes Dak hesitant, reluctant to make throws/plays.

The other thing huge thing is Jason Garrett isn't Dallas Cowboys head coaching material.. Never has been, and still isn't after all these years of on-the-job training.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if the qb can't see the receivers it doesn't matter who you bring in. I guess he just needs some Harry Caray glasses and some nerve pills.

Blitzen

Reaction score
they don't get open. FACT. Then when they do, they cannot catch catchable balls.

Um, yeah they do quite a bit by NFL standards (at least in this past game). Just finished watching the all 22 film. They get separation, and Dak gets good protection on the bulk of the plays. He is not playing well.

I will say that DeAndre Hopkins gets away with some pushing off (full arm extension). I noticed that on several cuts at the top of the stem he gets his arm(s) onto defenders .

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak isn't seeing the field like he did in 2016,thats forsure.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hurns needs to STHU, learn his called audibles and run them correctly, instead of opening his mouth!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is one of the miscommunications between Dak &amp; Allen Hurns. After scanning the defense, Dak changes the play &amp; expects Hurns to run some type of a quick-hitting route (slant would be my best guess) but Hurns runs a fade, forcing Dak to hold the ball &amp; get crushed as he throws <a href="https://t.co/rDMmpLkpJb">pic.twitter.com/rDMmpLkpJb</a></p>&mdash; John Owning (@JohnOwning) <a href="">October 10, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>