Video: Receivers don't get open

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah overrule a coach in charge of a unit that knew what the operation was to look like....lol yeah glad you just sit in a recliner....lol
I am glad you sit in a recliner as well. The fact you can defend this idiot of a coach is mind boggling. And do we know for sure the ST coach said anything? i mean Garrett is very good at blaming anyone but himself.

tm1119

Reaction score
Where are the open receivers?

Unfortunately the OC doesn’t have the foresight of the coverage when he makes the playcall...there’s tendencies, but it’s a very inexact science. That’s where the QB needs to make his pre-snap reads and put his guys in the best possible situations. Don’t get me wrong, the offensive scheme sucks, but the QB has to be there to help things. Ours is not doing that

Dre11

Reaction score
I am glad you sit in a recliner as well. The fact you can defend this idiot of a coach is mind boggling. And do we know for sure the ST coach said anything? i mean Garrett is very good at blaming anyone but himself.

Son.

Garrett never threw the Sp. Tms coach or Chris under the bus...lol
Another ignorant statement by you

When the Cowboys eventually lined up to kick the field goal, DeCamillis and kicking coach Chris Boniol were behind Garrett asking for a timeout, which Garrett did.

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7320857/jason-garrett-stands-decisions-dallas-cowboys-loss

phildadon86

Reaction score

Philmonroe

Reaction score
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

Herein lies the issue.
The video above is cute and all but you have TE3 in the game running a deep post. Good lord. A faster, better player in that spot and that is a TD. Not a guy that has 1 career catch.

Michael Gallup averages the least separation in the NFL. Hurns is 3rd worst.
Gallup has been targeted 15 times but he's made only 6 catches.

Cole Beasley is the only guy getting avg separation or any respect with cushion.
He is at the league average for separation and he has been targeted 24 times catching 17 balls. Beasley's issue is the outside guys scare no one. In 2016 Beasley absolutely ate because teams feared Dez and Witten.

The only Cowboy getting solid separation is Swain and thus he is getting plays, targets and making catches.

Compare and contrast these guys with a rookie 4th rounder: Keke Coutee. He not only showed better hands than what we have he also consistently got open. He missed all camp and has only played 2 games... but he averages 4.3 yards of separation and has made 17 catches already on 22 attempts. He's played 2 games and HOU has 2 wins... those games.

Dak is very mediocre but boy he sure could use some actual help.
Sounds good but are the players open or not? Spare me this unnecessary stats junk when it's clear as day on the play that they are open. Heck you talking about actual help but on plays they are open what else you want them to do on those plays tell him to throw the ball too?

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I wanted to like Dak, I wanted him to be great, I believed he would be. I can't defend him anymore. He is the biggest problem on this team We can all scream about the poor coaching decisions, but coaching decisions don't matter if your QB can't execute the plays. Coaching doesn't matter if your QB doesn't trust himself to make throws of more than 10 yards. This play is just one example, there are dozens of wasted plays just like this one out there for review. Dak doesn't trust his arm, how can he be successful? There have been many other plays where he doesn't see guys running wide open because he only sees half the field, but even when he does see the entire field, he still won't throw the damn ball!! We are so screwed. There is no other QB out there that we can bring in even if the coaches and Jerry wanted to make a change. Even a top 5 pick doesn't guarantee you a great QB, just look at the browns and how many top 5 picks they wasted on that position. Ugh. Thank God for alcohol.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I wanted to like Dak, I wanted him to be great, I believed he would be. I can't defend him anymore. He is the biggest problem on this team We can all scream about the poor coaching decisions, but coaching decisions don't matter if your QB can't execute the plays. Coaching doesn't matter if your QB doesn't trust himself to make throws of more than 10 yards. This play is just one example, there are dozens of wasted plays just like this one out there for review. Dak doesn't trust his arm, how can he be successful? There have been many other plays where he doesn't see guys running wide open because he only sees half the field, but even when he does see the entire field, he still won't throw the damn ball!! We are so screwed. There is no other QB out there that we can bring in even if the coaches and Jerry wanted to make a change. Even a top 5 pick doesn't guarantee you a great QB, just look at the browns and how many top 5 picks they wasted on that position. Ugh. Thank God for alcohol.
Look up the scouting reports on White...

InTheZone

Reaction score
the biggest question is what do the coaches and QB talk about the very next day after reviewing tape? Half the pass plays called probably look similar to this minus the open TD in this vid, but they continue to settle because apparently Jerry sees #4 jerseys scattered across the stadium.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jenky unfortunately the Dak Attack Dogs will ask for more proof one play does not prove anything except for your agenda of hate against Dak...
actually they will point to the 3 plays he has been good as proof that he has the potential to be great and just wait until its realized. the other 214 plays be damned.

Praxit

Reaction score
I hope Dak watches game film. That WR was open for maybe td.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ab 2.8
Deonte Thompson 2.4
Julio 2.3
Hopkins 2.2

Like most of us have said , If we started Ab , Julio and Hopkins based on your reasoning . All would be JAGS

just stop defending the obvious , Dak blows
add to that list

Larry Fitzgerald, Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Mike Evans, John Brown,

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately the OC doesn’t have the foresight of the coverage when he makes the playcall...there’s tendencies, but it’s a very inexact science. That’s where the QB needs to make his pre-snap reads and put his guys in the best possible situations. Don’t get me wrong, the offensive scheme sucks, but the QB has to be there to help things. Ours is not doing that

Agreed but that is why linehan moved to the box, to see the field and relay info directly to Dak.

tm1119

Reaction score
Agreed but that is why linehan moved to the box, to see the field and relay info directly to Dak.

It’s a pretty short window the OC can communicate with the QB. 15 seconds left in the play clock is when the headset gets turned off I believe. Pretty hard to really pull that off without running a hurry up offense.

Now, SHOULD we be trying to get play call in quickly to give Dak as much help as possible? Yeah, sure as heck wouldn’t hurt. I know McVay does/did it with Goff. No way for us to know if Linehan does any of this, but based on the results I’d say it’s pretty safe to say no.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
2.5 is average.
Those players face double teams and still catch the ball when doubled in tight coverage.

Name the Cowboys who does that?

What blows is your common sense.

What blows is you don’t even know who is on the Cowboys

Note Thompson was at 2.4 donkey
Say hi to Dak for me

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s a pretty short window the OC can communicate with the QB. 15 seconds left in the play clock is when the headset gets turned off I believe. Pretty hard to really pull that off without running a hurry up offense.

Now, SHOULD we be trying to get play call in quickly to give Dak as much help as possible? Yeah, sure as heck wouldn’t hurt. I know McVay does/did it with Goff. No way for us to know if Linehan does any of this, but based on the results I’d say it’s pretty safe to say no.

yup. get to the LOS, motion a wr quickly so linehan can then tell dak what is up with the defense and who should be open based off what play he called and how the defense is lined up. It's something they need to practice alot.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
He lacks anticipation because he doesn't know what coverage is being played against him. When he sees a wr open he doesn't let it go because the anticipation has more to do with the qb knowledge of where the defender is going to be because he knows what coverage that they're playing. Dak doesn't know, that's why he does better on roll outs and bootlegs because he only has to read half the field.

IF that's the case then he's losing the game on Mon through Fri as he isn't studying enough film to know how to read defenses and their tendencies.......

Sydla

Reaction score
Son.

Garrett never threw the Sp. Tms coach or Chris under the bus...lol
Another ignorant statement by you

When the Cowboys eventually lined up to kick the field goal, DeCamillis and kicking coach Chris Boniol were behind Garrett asking for a timeout, which Garrett did.

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7320857/jason-garrett-stands-decisions-dallas-cowboys-loss

The best part of this is that this article still shows what a boob Garrett is. They wasted too much time and he gave a boob answer when asked if he instructed Romo to spike the ball sooner.

That game ending was a coaching screw up plain and simple even before we got to the FG.