RELEASED Redmond and Thorson released

conner01

Reaction score
Only the teams in the NFC East can protect A, meaning a singular player, who is from a foreign country and that player will go on the international practice squad where no other team can sign them nor can they be activated from that squad to their team at any time during the 2020 season. It's just a means to give those teams a way to have control oiver those players for the following season. The NFL did the same thing last season using the AFC East.
I was talking about the new rules
You can protect players on pS for part of the week now.

conner01

Reaction score
Only the teams in the NFC East can protect A, meaning a singular player, who is from a foreign country and that player will go on the international practice squad where no other team can sign them nor can they be activated from that squad to their team at any time during the 2020 season. It's just a means to give those teams a way to have control oiver those players for the following season. The NFL did the same thing last season using the AFC East.
Certain players can also be protected from being poached away by competitors.
that’s what I was talking about
But after looking more in depth it’s really just for a few days, not permanent

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I was talking about the new rules
You can protect players on pS for part of the week now.

Of all the things I've read or heard reports on the changes to the practice squads this season I've not seen or heard anything about protection for part of a week so please provide a link of this new rule..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Certain players can also be protected from being poached away by competitors.
that’s what I was talking about
But after looking more in depth it’s really just for a few days, not permanent

The only ones that have protection are the internatio9nal players who go on the INTERNATIONAL practice squad. and that protection is for the entire 2020 season.

conner01

Reaction score
The only ones that have protection are the internatio9nal players who go on the INTERNATIONAL practice squad. and that protection is for the entire 2020 season.
The four players a team protects on its practice squad are not static. A coaching staff and general manager have until Tuesday afternoons to decide where their roster might be thin for the time being and act accordingly.

The new covid rules allow you to protect any 4 players for that week

conner01

Reaction score
Of all the things I've read or heard reports on the changes to the practice squads this season I've not seen or heard anything about protection for part of a week so please provide a link of this new rule..
The CBA made some changes but what I was talking about is the covid rules
You can protect any 4 players in a given week though not permenant
It appears to be more of a way to protect a particular position
Say you have a guard infected you could protect a guard on PS for that week and call him up if needed