RELEASED Redmond and Thorson released

Rayman70

Reaction score
@links its weird with Noah Brown. He has been here what, 4 years? lmao...its just bizarre. He must be one helluva salesman or something.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if both Redmond and Smith go to the Eagles. They need help at both positions.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
@links its weird with Noah Brown. He has been here what, 4 years? lmao...its just bizarre. He must be one helluva salesman or something.

No, he was pigeonholed as a blocker only and misused by the previous coaches. He is veteran who may be coming into his own and growing into much more than a blocker.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, he was pigeonholed as a blocker only and misused by the previous coaches. He is veteran who may be coming into his own and growing into much more than a blocker.
looks like we will soon see if the roster projections hold true.

cern

Reaction score
Altruism wasn't a factor in their releases. They just weren't going to make team and no sense wasting time on them. The sound of inevitability.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
and what has Brown done for us? lol ...seriously tho...what? I will be waiting with bated breath.
Special teams? Run blocking? Yeah, that's not enough as a WR, but he still has some untapped potential at only 24 years old. Wouldn't be unusual for a player to improve as they get into their mid 20s.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Special teams? Run blocking? Yeah, that's not enough as a WR, but he still has some untapped potential at only 24 years old. Wouldn't be unusual for a player to improve as they get into their mid 20s.
I hear ya. I know one thing, if he makes the team, he better show out or he will be gone. MM won't mess around too long.

erod

Reaction score
So we've got Cooper's plantar foot and Noah Brown.

We're going with 3 receivers on the team this year.

conner01

Reaction score
The league has extended the number of players on the practice squad because of covid-19 but have not changed how a player gets there. They all still have to be released first and have to wait 24 hours before they can be signed to the practice squad.
Gotcha
I read you can protect some players and sign some vets so thought maybe there was a way around it

robjay04

Reaction score
I think we are getting out ahead of a potential player signing. No reason to release these guys now. Watch out for a Logan Ryan signing or even ET.

Maybe it’s to benefit the players to give them a chance to land elsewhere? I know there’s protocols before you can even join your team and the season is scary soon.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Gotcha
I read you can protect some players and sign some vets so thought maybe there was a way around it

Only the teams in the NFC East can protect A, meaning a singular player, who is from a foreign country and that player will go on the international practice squad where no other team can sign them nor can they be activated from that squad to their team at any time during the 2020 season. It's just a means to give those teams a way to have control oiver those players for the following season. The NFL did the same thing last season using the AFC East.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if both Redmond and Smith go to the Eagles. They need help at both positions.

Adam Redmond playing for the Eagles?

MCCARTHY YOU DIABOLICAL GENIUS!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Erving is a mediocre OT.

And Redmond was supposed to be versatile too.

But Cowboys season will not hinge on either player.
Started 8 games at LT last season for the Super Bowl champions...