Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stealth;1282338 said:
isn't that the same song...
Yeah well... he knew what I meant. :eek::

:tongue: to both of you. :)

Hostile;1282305 said:
Yes.

Articles, recaps, good discussions, etc.

For someone who lurks or is away from the Zone for several hours, they should be able to find the latest news right away without searching all over for it.
Just to piggyback on this... The Daily Zone is still a discussion forum. Folks will still be able to respond to all threads in that forum. It will just contain the latest and greatest of daily cowboys news.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1282404 said:
When I run out of toilet paper. :eek: :p: ;)

please dont make me tell people about the BigDFan5 shrine you have in your bedroom. Its to disturbing to speak of

fortdick

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1282377 said:
Yeah well... he knew what I meant. :eek::

:tongue: to both of you. :)

Just to piggyback on this... The Daily Zone is still a discussion forum. Folks will still be able to respond to all threads in that forum. It will just contain the latest and greatest of daily cowboys news.

So how does a thread start in the Daily Zone? Is it as Mods only Zone? I fear this place is getting more rules than Extremeskins!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How about more room for posts that fall off the page?

Or a spot to where you can at least make a comment on it and it pops back up on the main board.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
fortdick;1282449 said:
So how does a thread start in the Daily Zone? Is it as Mods only Zone? I fear this place is getting more rules than Extremeskins!

the theads in the daily zone will be moved from the main board to there. it is a best of the best forum, only the most informative and intelligent threads end up there so that people that cant log on during the day will be able to catch up on any good conversation the missed that day.

all pissing contests and troll threads wont go there

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fortdick;1282449 said:
Actually, quite the opposite. The changes will simplify the forum structure here and make it much easier for users to figure out where threads are located and are to be posted.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;1282457 said:
the theads in the daily zone will be moved from the main board to there. it is a best of the best forum, only the most informative and intelligent threads end up there so that people that cant log on during the day will be able to catch up on any good conversation the missed that day.

all pissing contests and troll threads wont go there
Trolls and pissing contests may still start up, because after all, it is still a discussion forum. Those threads will be moderated the same as in this Zone.

It's more for the users who want to get the latest information without weeding thru the Roy sucks threads. But they can still respond to any thread within that forum. I stress this, because I don't want to think the Daily Zone is an Archive Zone. Being moved to the Daily Zone should not be a death knell.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1282471 said:
Trolls and pissing contests may still start up, because after all, it is still a discussion forum. Those threads will be moderated the same as in this Zone.

It's more for the users who want to get the latest information without weeding thru the Roy sucks threads. But they can still respond to any thread within that forum.

thats what I meant :laugh2:

A thread which was a pissing contest or troll thread from the beggining wont be moved right/?

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1282471 said:

It's more for the users who want to get the latest information without weeding thru the Roy sucks threads. But they can still respond to any thread within that forum.

Good.

I was afraid folks wouldn't be able to say Roy sucks in the daily zone. :eek::

Viper

Reaction score
Why don't you limit the amount a poster can create a thread in one day, the quality of the threads will rise?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;1282480 said:
thats what I meant :laugh2:

A thread which was a pissing contest or troll thread from the beggining wont be moved right/?
I knew what you meant. I just wanted to put it in the KISS (keep it simple stupid) mode. But yes you're right. No pissing matches or troll threads will be moved to the Daily Zone.

VA Cowboy;1282485 said:
Good.

I was afraid folks wouldn't be able to say Roy sucks in the daily zone. :eek::
They can still do it. It would just have to be within an existing thread.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Viper;1282490 said:
Why don't you limit the amount a poster can create a thread in one day, the quality of the threads will rise?
Because some users may create several really good threads in a day while other users may create a single troll thread.

Everyone needs to understand that topics are fully debatable even if in the Daily Zone forum. Meaning, if you disagree with someone in a thread in the Daily Zone, you can post as you normally would as long as it is within the guidelines.

The main reason for the Daily Zone is to highlight the more important and relevant threads related to the Cowboys so users who can't spend all day on the site can at any time visit the site and catch up on the latest news and other information without having to go through a ton of threads trying to figure out which are news and which are opinions.

-Reality

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Viper;1282490 said:

Have you not took notice as to the number of quality threads I start in a single day? I get no love in this place.:(

superpunk

Reaction score
Viper;1282490 said:

I think anyone on here for a few days can tell whose threads will be intelligent, well thought-out stuff and which are garbage.

For instance, any thread started by myself, Dave-n-NC, stealth or BigD (such as this one) should be avoided at all costs. Because there is a very good chance that at some point we will introduce some hot, naked leopard man action. And if you have a daughter, you don't want to have to explain THAT to her.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk;1282520 said:
I think anyone on here for a few days can tell whose threads will be intelligent, well thought-out stuff and which are garbage.

For instance, any thread started by myself, Dave-n-NC, stealth or BigD (such as this one) should be avoided at all costs. Because there is a very good chance that at some point we will introduce some hot, naked leopard man action. And if you have a daughter, you don't want to have to explain THAT to her.

:lmao: :eek: :lmao:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1282520 said:

Speak for yourself, I raised my daughter right she too loves the naked leopard men!
and yet again you double state something, you said naked leopard man, the hotness should be understood

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
superpunk;1282520 said:

but fat guy in a schoolgirl outfit is ok right?