Regarding the new forum changes *** MERGED ***

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I've never really understood the whole getting pushed off the main page thing.

No matter what page it's on if it's a good and interesting or informative topic or thread it will make it's way back on the first page.

I don't like having to click back and forth between forums just to get Cowboys news or articles.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't like it either. I think I understand what the mods are trying to do. I think sometimes things are being moved too quickly though.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1282602 said:
Why are there now two forums for current general discussion?

And why would brand new threads be moved out of the "main forum" and into the "daily forum"?

This is confusing to me. I would appreciate a clarification myself.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
But who picks what stays and what gos.....seems a little questionable

One forum open to all or just the few we want..

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
superpunk;1282641 said:
Everyone resists change when it happens. The dual forums could be the greatest thing evar. I'll just stay in my second class folder for the pissing contests and Roy to LB threads. :D

People sometimes tell me that I don't like change and I say if the change is good and necessary I like it.

This change seems neither good nor necessary.:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1282641 said:
Everyone resists change when it happens. The dual forums could be the greatest thing evar. I'll just stay in my second class folder for the pissing contests and Roy to LB threads. :D
Yeah, because the other zone gets about 1 post every 10 minutes or so. I come here for discussion. I can see having an articles zone where articles are moved to after they've been posted awhile or have been bumped off the main page, but I don't know the reason to move an article thread over there only to have it disappear into some forum where virtually no discussion takes place.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1282659 said:
People sometimes tell me that I don't like change and I say if the change is good and necessary I like it.

This change seems neither good nor necessary.

It is a bit quick on the trigger.

Jay

Reaction score
I agree with those that say they don't like it. It's really confusing and just tacky to get our usual information.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
I think it is a negative that they feel is necessary with having such a heavily trafficked forum.

You have over 8k members, and routinely have about 500 on at any given time.

The site owners/admins are just trying to find the best way to keep things in order, as I'm sure many threads fall off the first page, and the majority of users don't dig back pages to see where other threads have gone.

I would agree that I am not that big a fan of it. As an admin of another (albeit considerably smaller) board , I would reccomend that they just increase the number of threads displayed before the page splits.

Right now, it looks like its only set to 26. Try increasing it to a higher number, similar to what Extremeskins does.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1282670 said:
Not to me.

You have threads started this morning that are now there.

And some very timely such as Mosely's press conference updates that are posted there.

It is confusing IMO.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I'm not one to complain about how other people run THEIR site. I respect the owners/admins of this site as I do any other, but I'm curious to know why there was a change. EDIT: And I guess I'll have to go read the thread about the discussion on this new policy as was posted.

I mean, in my mind, the main forum was only 3 pages to begin with. If a thread fell past the 3rd page is was categorized and moved into the appropriate forum. In that case, if someone missed viewing the forum for a day or 2, they could just easily and quickly skim through the thread titles of 3 pages to find a discussion they'd want to read about. And, if they so choose, could then go into the Opinion Zone or Article Zone and followup with whatever fell past the 3rd page.

If you're really wanting to see all of the most recent/active threads.. just click "New Posts" on the navigation bar under the main banner.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1282660 said:
Yeah, because the other zone gets about 1 post every 10 minutes or so. I come here for discussion. I can see having an articles zone where articles are moved to after they've been posted awhile or have been bumped off the main page, but I don't know the reason to move an article thread over there only to have it disappear into some forum where virtually no discussion takes place.

If it doesn't work (we'll see - I suspect the separate zone where all the Cowboys stuff goes might become like the Opinion Zone, NFL Zone, or Zone of Fame - where threads go to die) it will just be changed again and we'll ***** about that, lol.

We'll see. :D

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1282678 said:
You have threads started this morning that are now there.

Well, it is the "daily zone"

I just wonder what happens to today's threads come tomorrow?

I's so confuzed. :confused:

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1282688 said:
Why hasn't this thread been moved to the "Why So Many Zones" Zone?

We would just create another Why so many zones post in a few minutes.

We can't be bargained with, we can't be reasoned with...we don't feel pity, or remorse or fear....and we absolutely will not stop - ever - until we get what we want. ;)

Catch-22

Reaction score
Allow more threads to be displayed on page 1, increase the number of posts per page in threads from 15 to 25.

This is all standard for larger boards like this one is becoming.

I'd also set a 150 pixel max height for all sigs, but that's just me

Zman5

Reaction score
It's very confusing. Maybe I just need to have two browsers open for each zone.