Twitter: Remember Jerry's fascination with Paxton Lynch?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Jerry liked a QB who turned out to not be very good. But we didn't draft him. And somehow this reflects poorly on Jerry? There are tons of players in every draft that people like. Some of those will be busts. How many people here wanted to trade up and draft Carson Wentz? Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

GMO415

Reaction score
Is he the only GM guilty of misjudging QB’s? Clearly not. At the end of the day his last two QB’s were Dak and Romo and neither cost a premium draft pick so I can’t really rag on him here. You can claim he’s been lucky but the same goes for every GM. He, or people he put in place, ultimately have managed to find some pretty good QB’s with very limited resources.
This is the same GM that has baseball players as his starting QBs and they were awful.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You don't have to be a fan of Jerry to be objective.
Objectively he is at best a mediocre GM. And his fascination with bad QBs is nearly legendary.

Now Jerry is not the worst around; I laugh at those that call him the worst ever. He is not even in remote competition for that title.

For my money the worst GM I ever saw was Matt Millen.

Reactions: CWR

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
:laugh:

20230221-234158.jpg

jerry-jones-gotime.jpg

Woulda been a better draft pick than Dak. Coulda peeled the bandaid right off rather than slowly for 9 years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were also going to take Conner Cook before Prescott and luckily lost out on him. Hell, his own teammates didn’t like him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas drafts pretty well on average.

To be fair, Hall of Famer John Elway liked, traded up, and drafted Lynch himself. Better them than us...lol.

Having said that, Dallas (including Jerry) hasn't been too savvy with their early-round QB evals
Even Aikman wasn't a savvy pick. He was the consensus 1st pick and we had the first pick, so not some great feat.

Last edited:

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Why do we devote entire threads to reliving past mistakes? Why must all our errors forever characterize and define us? Remember 47 years ago, when you were three, you peed the bed? Still travel with rubber sheets? I have no need to venture into any kind of elected endeavor, because in high school I lost the race for Student Council. Once a jerk, always a jerk, right?

So Jerry really liked Paxton Lynch, who didn’t turn out like many thought he would! So what? Who nails them all? Who’s right every time? Why waste time on this crap?
Jaylon Jones, Kelvin Joseph, Randy Gregory, Trysten Hill…

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dallas drafts pretty well on average.

To be fair, Hall of Famer John Elway liked (and drafted) Lynch himself. Better them than us...lol.

Having said that, Dallas (including Jerry) hasn't been too savvy with their early-round QB evals
Even Aikman wasn't a savvy pick. He was the consensus 1st pick and we had the first pick, so not some great of a feat.
Dodged a bullet!

Proximo

Reaction score
The league as a whole is bereft of talent at the QB position.

There’s a lot of legitimate reasons to dislike Jerry or to rag on Jerry, but this is not one of them.

You could literally make this exact thread about every team, their GM, and some overrated QB prospect that they were “fascinated with”.
It’s the nature of the beast. Supply vs demand. It’s why teams reach for QB’s in the draft EVERY year.

It’s just recreational outrage to dog Jerry for a move the Cowboys didn’t even make.

I guess the news cycle is slow right now, but it’s funny that this merits a thread.