Twitter: Remember Jerry's fascination with Paxton Lynch?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A lot of us thought that Paxton Lynch was going to be great, including myself and the Denver Broncos.
Well, you never know. Maybe if he had stepped into the same offense Dak did he might have been great.

Same for Manziel if he had stepped into Romo’s offense in 2014 , etc .

Those offenses they went to in Denver and Cleveland were not good . Might have been a different story. Just saying…

How would Dak have done if he went to Cleveland or Denver?

Cmac

Reaction score
Only for the fact we would have NEVER chosen Inepto Prescott, Lynch was worth the pick!!!!
Sit in a comfortable chair......close your eyes.......release the hate for Dak......now imagine Paxton Lynch as our QB. If that don't work......try again or repeatedly.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Well, you never know. Maybe if he had stepped into the same offense Dak did he might have been great.

Same for Manziel if he had stepped into Romo’s offense in 2014 , etc .

Those offenses they went to in Denver and Cleveland were not good . Might have been a different story. Just saying…

How would Dak have done if he went to Cleveland or Denver?
That's a good point. I suspect Lynch would have done better in Dallas than in Denver. That 2016 team was a great running team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is it Jerry's fascination? The consensus from many teams was he was the best QB left. They were all wrong and I thank Denver for out bidding Jerry. But I thank Jerry for at least trying to get the best QB they had left on the board too. We want him to do that but we want him to be right.

exciter

Reaction score
:laugh:

20230221-234158.jpg

jerry-jones-gotime.jpg

Lol, fascination??? They made a half a a** attempt to trade back up for a player who was rated the #1 prospect by many for the majority of the season and was taken in the 1st round!!!

JayFord

Reaction score
theres plenty of teams that we're interested in Lynch as well and saw him as a possible franchise qb gem

its not just a Jerry thing....and also someone took him in the 1st round

GMO415

Reaction score
Or it could have been Manziel.

Our last draft pick for a startingQB was Quincy Carter.

This is why we are fortunate to have Dak and Romo. It could have been so much worse.
Dak was drafted in the 4th so I'd say he's the last QB drafted.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Watched PAX during his time in Memphis and he was as "Prototype" NFL QB as there ever was. His mental readiness and desire for the game after he got a paycheck surprised .. no shocked all of us who saw him play at Memphis.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Obviously many of them dont. And they dont remember Chad Hutchinson or Quincy Carter either. THIS is what Jones is capable of when starting over at QB. The guy is clueless.

Cowboys are lucky to have Dak Prescott. They were lucky to have Romo. Anyone saying we should have dumped either and started from scratch is kidding themselves.

Prescott can go when we have someone better.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I remind people of this when they suggest we move on and let this FO evaluate the QB situation and draft "the" guy. I don't think they have the ability.

Romo and Dak were both happy accidents, for better or worse. Sean Payton wanted to get Romo from his alma mater and Wade Wilson pounded the table in the draft room for Dak.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're Jerry fan when you get sensitive and cape for the big dummy when we point out and augh at one of his failures currently making the rounds in the new cycle.
Oh, so anyone with a different take is "sensitive".

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is not very good at evaluating professional football talent. And that is a bad thing when the guy is your GM.....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Why is it Jerry's fascination? The consensus from many teams was he was the best QB left. They were all wrong and I thank Denver for out bidding Jerry. But I thank Jerry for at least trying to get the best QB they had left on the board too. We want him to do that but we want him to be right.
That's exactly right. It's inevitable that there will be some misses, but you have to take your shots.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think the Lynch and Manziel situations are what gave the kid a bigger voice in things.

He talked Jerry out of both, and the narrative ended up being….if you don’t take that risk you can’t get burned.

That same mentality still prevails in other situations to a serious fault.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Jerry hits on way more draft picks then not so I will give him a pass. That and oh right...he never actually drafted this dude. Yall something.