Twitter: Remember Jerry's fascination with Paxton Lynch?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
:laugh:

20230221-234158.jpg

jerry-jones-gotime.jpg

I don’t know what the issue is Denver gave up many picks for him and he was a first round prospect. It would have been a gamble but his career would have been different as a Cowboy.

Qcard

Reaction score
Only for the fact we would have NEVER chosen Inepto Prescott, Lynch was worth the pick!!!!
When I tell you for Dak Haters IT'S NOT ABOUT FOOTBALL. Here is your Prime example.

Dude has been CUT in 3 Leagues.... Entitlement Poster Child is worth every opportunity

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Why do we devote entire threads to reliving past mistakes? Why must all our errors forever characterize and define us? Remember 47 years ago, when you were three, you peed the bed? Still travel with rubber sheets? I have no need to venture into any kind of elected endeavor, because in high school I lost the race for Student Council. Once a jerk, always a jerk, right?

So Jerry really liked Paxton Lynch, who didn’t turn out like many thought he would! So what? Who nails them all? Who’s right every time? Why waste time on this crap?
Because they're LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS

Tommy

Reaction score
He had NOTHING to with Romo being put on the roster; Dak was his THIRD CHOICE after Lynch and Connor Cook another failure. So ANYONE crediting him with those two QBs is a complete football idiot
Cool post!

So it’s not about the good QB he drafted. We’re complaining instead about the bad QB’s he didn’t draft.

Do I have this right?

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry was "fascinated" with Lynch. He needed a quarterback with starting potential and there were only three with 1st round grades. Goff and Wentz were considered top choices, although there was a less than stellar quarterback class that season. Paxton Lynch had some physical tools but he was considered raw and would need a few years before he could start.

That was a perfect scenario, theoretically. Jerry felt Romo still had a few years left and, upon retirement, his successor was already in place.

Of course, Jerry completely disregarded Romo's string of injuries towards the end of his career. It should have been predictable that Romo's backup would see considerable time on the field. With Kellen also going down just before that season, it would have been Lynch and not Dak who was thrown into the fire.

Lynch was considered a 1st rounder by the start of the draft. He was also the only one that actually had a chance of falling low enough for the Cowboys to make a move. They would have to offer a package of picks to get Lynch because they had already used their 1st round pick on Zeke. At the least, this would have meant no Jaylon Smith or Maliek Collins, their 2nd and 3rd rounrs that year. No big loss, as it turns out.

Would it have made any difference in Lynch's career? Quite possibly. He would have received the same "busdriver" role in Dak's rookie season. he would have Zeke at his career best, his rookie season.

Ironiocally, it was Dak's lack of INT's and fumbles that made hiis rookie season one of the best. It was also his escapability. I doubt that Lynch would have had similar results.

In the end, Lynch was the "leftover" quarterback in the 1st round and Jerry was grabbing at straws. If he had been "fascinated" with Lynch then he would have traded further up to draft him by giving up the following year's 1st round pick. he didn't do that so there was an obvious limit to his fascination.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I remember a lot of fans on the board were crushed that we weren’t able to trade up and get him. Lol I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few knuckleheads that would still rather have him than Dak. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry was randy to draft Johnny Manziel too
Manziel is another reason why if you got a pretty good QB you stay with them. If it was up to a lot of fans on this board we would’ve been stuck with Manziel. A lot of fans were angry we passed him up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Another confirmation that Stephen "cap boy" Jones is running football operations.

No Paxton Lynch.
No Johnny Manziel.
Both those QBs are why you don’t draft a QB in the first round unless you absolutely need one. Your odds of ending up with a QB like those two are a lot better than ending up with a franchise QB.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Cool post!

So it’s not about the good QB he drafted. We’re complaining instead about the bad QB’s he didn’t draft.

Do I have this right?
Jerry loved Quincy
Jerry loved Hutchinson
Jerry loved Henson
Jerry Wanted Lynch
Jerry Wanted Manziel

Do you see a trend there or do you need your eyes checked?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Another confirmation that Stephen "cap boy" Jones is running football operations.

No Paxton Lynch.
No Johnny Manziel.
Keep telling yourself that.

Maybe one day it will be true.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can only think of three QBs the Cowboys used a first round pick on in their entire history, Craig Morton, Troy, Aikman and Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry loved Quincy
Jerry loved Hutchinson
Jerry loved Henson
Jerry Wanted Lynch
Jerry Wanted Manziel

Do you see a trend there or do you need your eyes checked?
Not looking good for Max Duggan!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Here’s what always bothered me about the Lynch situation…..

There was a clip of Jerry on the phone with Seattle. He tells Stephen that they want our second and third to move to 26, to which he replies..”that’s too expensive.”

If you had any remote thought that Lynch could be a legit NFL starter, how in the WORLD is giving up a third round pick (67 overall, Malik Collins) too expensive??

Can’t count the second, which was pick 34 (Jaylon Smith). You’re moving up from there and selecting a different player is all, and the difference is only pick 67.

Too expensive Stephen? For a future QB?

Hate to say it but it IS a little unfair to rip Jerry for liking Lynch when John Elways Broncos were the ones that actually went up for him. Pick 31 and 94.