Twitter: Remember Jerry's fascination with Paxton Lynch?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Cowboys have generally done a good job drafting the last 10-15 years. It's because of McClay and fact they've used more of a consensus approach vs 1 person making the call. This proves true because if Jerry was going at it alone we would have had Johnny Manziel and or Paxton Lynch. Sometimes it's the moves you don't make that workout best in the end. Since it didn't happen no harm, no foul.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Seems like Paxton Lynch can only play well when he’s head and shoulders better than everybody else on the field. He can’t find any success when he’s playing against guys equal or better than him, frankly that’s pathetic……Dodged a bullet there

DFWJC

Reaction score
I bet every single GM that has been around a few years has several of these, let alone ones that have been around so long.

Honestly don't get the point of these threads, but whatever.
I enjoy a lot of Zordon's other stuff, so go for it.
:laugh:

doomsday808

Reaction score
Well we hit a homerun with Jaylon!! Woohoo!
Take a look at who was drafted in the 2nd round after Jaylon Smith. That's depressing.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Why do we devote entire threads to reliving past mistakes? Why must all our errors forever characterize and define us? Remember 47 years ago, when you were three, you peed the bed? Still travel with rubber sheets? I have no need to venture into any kind of elected endeavor, because in high school I lost the race for Student Council. Once a jerk, always a jerk, right?

So Jerry really liked Paxton Lynch, who didn’t turn out like many thought he would! So what? Who nails them all? Who’s right every time? Why waste time on this crap?
Some fans in here are censorious cavaliers. Jerry has become their personal Jesus because they are apt to crucify him especially in the off-season after the team has experienced an early post season exit. Jerry at best is a figurehead GM. Good and bad decisions are made by committee consensus.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if jerry would have gotten his wish, the dak lovers now would be the lynch lovers. They hated Romo and they don't care who it is. They would be making excuses for Lynch just like they do with dak.
The offensive coordinator runs too many curl routes for Lynch.
The offensive line sucks.
We don't have any good wide receivers.
The defense sucks.

100 percent this is what we would be seeing.
AC and Ken would be defending him to the death. A few more crazies too. It is what it is.

ESisback

Reaction score
Some fans in here are censorious cavaliers. Jerry has become their personal Jesus because they are apt to crucify him especially in the off-season after the team has experienced an early post season exit. Jerry at best is a figurehead GM. Good and bad decisions are made by committee consensus.
Censorious…sounds like a Roman general!

EST_1986

Reaction score
Seems like Paxton Lynch can only play well when he’s head and shoulders better than everybody else on the field. He can’t find any success when he’s playing against guys equal or better than him, frankly that’s pathetic……Dodged a bullet there
The bullet we got was a headshot in Dak.

KB1122

Reaction score
All of those teams are finished with their mistakes. How about us?

I ADMIRE those teams.

Qcard

Reaction score
Just think, Dallas picks Lynch, Lynch craps the bed; Dallas has new QB by 2018.
In 2018 The Eye Test QB Entitlement Clan told us Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and Sam Danorld were Prototype QBs... Lamar Jackson was a WR and Josh Allen was a inaccurate running QB:laugh:.

Guess who the Eye Test QBs would have wanted....

gtb1943

Reaction score
In 2018 The Eye Test QB Entitlement Clan told us Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and Sam Danorld were Prototype QBs... Lamar Jackson was a WR and Josh Allen was a inaccurate running QB:laugh:.

Guess who the Eye Test QBs would have wanted....
your obsession would come in 11th or 12th

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I remember a lot of fans on the board were crushed that we weren’t able to trade up and get him. Lol I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few knuckleheads that would still rather have him than Dak. :laugh:
Some have already said as much just hide it behind sideways comments.... its hilarious.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Is he the only GM guilty of misjudging QB’s? Clearly not. At the end of the day his last two QB’s were Dak and Romo and neither cost a premium draft pick so I can’t really rag on him here. You can claim he’s been lucky but the same goes for every GM. He, or people he put in place, ultimately have managed to find some pretty good QB’s with very limited resources.
Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot IS the weak link on the offense. Parsons called him out for that loss against the 9ers.

kevm3

Reaction score
A lot of people here wanted him too.

I wanted Goff, which is better but not by much necessarily.