Twitter: Remember Jerry's fascination with Paxton Lynch?

ESisback

Reaction score
Are people stressing over it or has it become a source of comedy? I mean, part of what brings me back here is seeing all the crazy rationalizations and getting a chuckle. This seemed like a comic relief/dodged a bullet thread moreso than a lamentation.
It was. I was being sarcastic and over the top while chuckling. Isn’t it absurd how much people demonize someone for their support of certain players?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Why do we devote entire threads to reliving past mistakes? Why must all our errors forever characterize and define us? Remember 47 years ago, when you were three, you peed the bed? Still travel with rubber sheets? I have no need to venture into any kind of elected endeavor, because in high school I lost the race for Student Council. Once a jerk, always a jerk, right?

So Jerry really liked Paxton Lynch, who didn’t turn out like many thought he would! So what? Who nails them all? Who’s right every time? Why waste time on this crap?
It wasn’t even a mistake. It was a mistake that didn’t even happen!

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Worse GM of the century?
Whatever. Lynch was a projected first rounder and that’s where he went. He was the factor in the Tigers success during his tenure and had a much more impressive college career at Memphis than Pollard.

Just goes to show that hitting at QB in the draft isn’t guaranteed. Nine teams passed on Mahomes. SF drafts well. They missed PM. You think they’d rather have Thomas or Mahomes if they could run that draft back?

Did you watch Lynch play in college? He was an absolute stud, and he wasn’t a goofball like Manziel. No idea what his issues have been at the pro level, but he looked terrible in Denver. Too bad. I really liked the guy.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I’m the “whiner”, because I dared to suggest we spend too much time stressing over past failures, like Jerry coveting Paxton Lynch. Hell, lots of people did!
That's what I meant when I said miscommunication on my part. I wasn't calling you a whiner. Just so you know, I agree with you, Nobody's perfect so I don't see the value in stressing over past mistakes.

Hell I'd still be tripping over trading Tony D to the Broncos if that were the case, Emmitt Smith to the Cardinals anyone ?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not making excuses for Jerry but just about every team in the league thought Lynch was going to be a solid pro. I mean Denver was the team that actually traded up and gave away draft capital to get Lynch and yet we focus on Jones "regretting" not doing the same one day after it happened.

ESisback

Reaction score
That's what I meant when I said miscommunication on my part. I wasn't calling you a whiner. Just so you know, I agree with you, Nobody's perfect so I don't see the value in stressing over past mistakes.

Hell I'd still be tripping over trading Tony D to the Broncos if that were the case, Emmitt Smith to the Cardinals anyone ?
No worries! I was referring to another poster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of QBs are going to fascinate you when you need a QB, which is why so many teams make mistakes on QBs. With the Cowboys moving on from Romo they needed a QB. Fortunately they weren’t able to make the moves they wanted because neither Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch panned out. A lot of dopes here are acting like we’re in a terrible situation at QB with Dak but our QB situation is great compared to some teams around the league. Had we ended up with Paxton Lynch we would be going through a playoff drought like we haven’t seen in years. The Cowboys would be going through QB hell!

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He loved Lynch. He now loves Max Duggan.

Oy vey.